JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Dude, $5 for Mass Effect 2 is one of the better decisions you could make. Pull the trigger on that one.

Agreed. I paid about 3.60€ for Mass Effect 1 and was very happy that I did, because otherwise I would probably never have touched the sequel.

My wish list is filled with 10-5€ games that are about 2€ now, I might not have a wishlist after this sale is over.:gaming:

Restaurant Empire II? I think I may have owned the first game when I didn't get these kind of games and got rid of it... :getmecoat

Why didn't you wait until the final day for a non-special discount game? I want Hard Reset too, but there is small chance it might go 75% off?

I'd wait till jan 1 with buying stuff in my wishlist unless it's on the current daily sale. Because stuff that's currently on "normal" sale might get into 50% or 75% sale later this sale period.

Yeah, me too. I keep a list of things that I'll buy on the last day if not otherwise discounted, and then cross them off as they are. It's always served me well in the past. Seriously considering Rage for $15 today. What's the scoop?

RAGE for $15 is doable. It's a pretty standard id games FPS with some driving.

Seriously considering Rage for $15 today. What's the scoop?

24.99€. :fart:

Has anybody been checking the PSN and XBLA deals? PSN had daily deals, but I think the daily stuff is over and they are having an encore now.

Was the XBLA one daily too?

Err, how? Didn't show me any keys. Bought it, and Amazon's downloader program wants to install the whole 7gb game to a folder of my choice. Amazing how Indie bundles provide a much better user experience than Amazon. :(

Go to "Your Games and Software Library" under account and you should see the CD key there. Go to Steam > Games > Activate a product on Steam... and there you go. It's slightly more unwieldy than the indie bundles, but I think Amazon is fairly pushing its own downloader over assuming you already have Steam and giving you a CD key without explanation.

Hard Reset is 75% on Steam...

We can thank Thompson for this, because we all know that buying a game forces it to go on sale! Murphology at it's finest!:deranged:

I have won Operation Flashpoint: Red River in the steam sale thing. I already have all the games and none of the time, so it is free to a good home.

It actually looks sort of promising.

You can actually win full games from this thing? I've only got 6 lumps of coal so far. I thought the prizes would be hats and stuff like that. Neat!

Yeah, how does that work anyway? Does it give you a random game, something from your wishlist or something from a specific list?

The summer sale at least showed you the list of what you could trade for.

I've won 50% off any Valve game and 50% off Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe. Pretty chuffed!

I also have The Secret of Monkey Island: SE and Portal to give away to anyone who wants them. (I just discovered this.)

If someone runs across a -50% for Serious Sam 3, I will do great and terrible things to take it off your hands.

Yeah, how does that work anyway? Does it give you a random game, something from your wishlist or something from a specific list?

The summer sale at least showed you the list of what you could trade for.

It appears to be completely random, weighted more towards getting coal. I've gotten 16 pieces of coal, 2 games (one was on my wishlist, one I already owned), and 1 coupon, and crafted 2 coupons (again, one for a game I already own) with the coal.

I know I'm not going to win any big prizes, but you do give up on the chance to win the grand prize when you redeem the coal?

Although come to think of it, I think in the summer deal you kept the tickets, you just couldn't redeem them again? :erm:

Anyway, I think I'll try to get some Steam "cheevos" and hope I'm lucky, for a the chance of a free game? It's worth a shot!:tup:

I've got a 25% off any valve game, valid next year for 3 months. :erm: Right now all valve games are like 50% or something. And 6 pieces of coal...

Who wants to trade a piece of coal with me to unlock one of those sale achievements?