JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I think it's the extra games, I'm pretty sure those were part of a previous bundle?

Or maybe it was the Steam sale, it's hard to keep track of all the crazy bundle sales. :erm:

Actually, I'm a huge fan of Uplink. Good as Darwinia is, Uplink had my heart pounding way more than most other video games have ever achieved.

Yeah, but haven't these games been in Humble Bundles before?

The only reason to get it is for the tech demos.

First I wasn't interesting in the bundle as I had everything already, but when I heard about the tech demos I gave cash immediately.

Shame I can't gift just the Introversion games to someone I guess? There was a special option in the beginning before buying if I want to gift them, but I guess the Steam codes don't work now if I were to give those to a friend as I didn't choose that option. Are the codes really for your own personal use or is that more of a moral guideline?

Kind of shame also that if I were to use the Steam codes now, I wouldn't get two copies of each Introversion game, and I would lose all those. I Would really like to spread some Christmas joy and send those to some old friends.

Oh, dear.... Skyrim is 33€ at the Hut with the coupon code "10NOV".

Why the Hell is this game 50 at Steam? PS: This game registers on Steam!

There goes my free time... T_T

Shame I can't gift just the Introversion games to someone I guess? There was a special option in the beginning before buying if I want to gift them, but I guess the Steam codes don't work now if I were to give those to a friend as I didn't choose that option. Are the codes really for your own personal use or is that more of a moral guideline?

Moral guideline. So long as you didn't already use the codes yourself, they should work once to activate on anyone's Steam account.

Oh, dear.... Skyrim is 33€ at the Hut with the coupon code "10NOV".

Why the Hell is this game 50 at Steam? PS: This game registers on Steam!

There goes my free time... T_T

I never buy stuff from steam unless it's in a proper steam sale (i.e. >33%). Retailers are quite often much cheaper.

Is the Steam Fall Sale being discussed here? I got Portal 2 and all the Sam And Max seasons.

I never buy stuff from steam unless it's in a proper steam sale (i.e. >33%). Retailers are quite often much cheaper.

Yeah, I know, but it's kinda silly to see a game cheaper physical on day one on sites like this.

Is the Steam Fall Sale being discussed here? I got Portal 2 and all the Sam And Max seasons.

We have a special thread for Black Friday (Fall Sale) here.

I bought a ton of indie games (mostly RPGs), and of course the moment I buy them I find out about the Skyrim sale. I'm going to be killing orcs n' goblins till kingdom come!:gaming:

The overlap on the two threads is pretty messy, but I thought Black Friday was different to the Fall Sale.

The overlap on the two threads is pretty messy, but I thought Black Friday was different to the Fall Sale.

I think the Fall Sale was just a week long Black Friday thing for Steam. *Shrug*

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, an American holiday, so I can understand why they'd call it Autumn sale to avoid confusion with non-Americans.

Many sites had Black Friday deals all week too, so I don't really understand the Black Friday name either, specially when it's not "Black Friday" enough, Black Friday is the day the deals are to die for... literally! 5% off all week isn't that much of a deal compared to 75% off.:hmph:

Although I think I understand the purpose of the Black Friday thread, since it's an American thing, it's more for Americans? I don't think we were supposed to discuss Steam sales, but more stuff like "Walmart has all games 40% off!"

The again, I'm pretty sure we've mentioned region specific and physical store deals in this thread too?

The actual thinking for this thread was that last year during Black Friday (week), lots of people were posting deals in individual game threads. I figured it might be more helpful to have them compiled here, but then people wanted to keep posting deals even after the week had ended. At that point, I created the General Deals thread to better address that interest. Honestly, I hadn't expected the BF deals thread to be brought back because it is a little confusing without context.

Haha, yeah my fault. I should've just used this thread as the deals were not just for Black Friday last week.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations on Steam sounds like a pretty good "General Vido Game Deal". Only 18€ more than a physical copy in the store. :(:(:(:fart::fart::fart::fart:

Not picking the physical one up yet, though. Perhaps there'll be a Christmas deal on Steam.

The first three The Blackwell Games have been remastered... Not sure if that's going to be a good thing or a bad thing, but anyway. New voice acting! Um, and some cosmetic changes, apparently.

Existing customers get them for free*, but for everyone else, you can get all three games as part of the Indie Royale Christmas Bundle.

It's an amazing deal. I bought the games for a LOT more than $5.

* - Existing customers get it in January - if you want them now, you need to buy the Indie Royale Bundle.

Well, that was quick, I could swear he only mentioned remastering them the other day!

On a related deal topic, The Force Unleashed II is on sale on Steam, is it better than the first? I kinda like it, so I might pick this one up.

I heard it's very similar to the first, only slightly improved, and much shorter. That said, for $5 I did it. I enjoyed the first game more than it had any right to be enjoyed, so for a bit more of the same but kinda better, I'll drop a fiver.

Yeah it's surprisingly entertaining, but as miffy said it is genuinely a pretty short game. If you enjoyed the first one you'll probably enjoy the second, as I barely remember there being any changes (other than the mostly cosmetic dual wielding of lightsabers).

Jamestown was one of my favorite games this year, Meat Boy is great, and Bit.Trip Runner is fantastic. Problem is, I already own them. I remember Shank being received kinda "meh", so how is Night Sky? WHAT is Night Sky? This bundle, more than most, requires convincing for me. Sell me on it, internet!

Nightsky is a Nifflas game. You know, the guy that also made Knytt.

I saw a presentation of Nifflas this year on the Nordic Game conference. He was working on an extensive tilebased engine that would power his future games. Don't know why I'm telling you this.