JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I don't. Like I said before in this threat, I am pathetic. I want to play it on my console though, I'd never get around to doing the PC version.

I'm intrigued by today's offer of the Tomb Raider games for cheap. I've already played ...& The Guardian of Light, but I've heard that the more traditional Crystal Dynamics games are worth getting, too?

Is there much that separates the three of them, apart from Anniversary being a remake? The reviews seem to be consistent across the series.

Oh, I've got my new bank card now. Gulp.

Huh, weird. Maybe it's 64-bit only? I did some poking around and heard it was pretty common. And I just downloaded the mods, thanks!

i've run SoC and CoP on 64 bit windows 7 and never had a single issue. at least, none outside of the expected bugs and quirkiness characteristic of eastern european games.

I was not aware that game was available for video games. Can tell of wow gold? Are your pants available for raping through? How is babby formed?

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation

but I find this topic to be actually something which

I think I would never understand.

It seems too complex and very broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!:(

Suddenly, an influx of spammers.

The sale made me buy Magicka, which I wasn't even particularly interested in before but now will have to play.

Divinity II is finally on sale, but it has Securom and an installation limit and yet... I'm still tempted to buy it.

Also, I just noticed that Steam doesn't have Pandora's Tomorrow in the Splinter Cell bundle, which is weird since you can get it in HD collection. :erm:

Also, I just noticed that Steam doesn't have Pandora's Tomorrow in the Splinter Cell bundle, which is weird since you can get it in HD collection. :erm:

Pandora Tomorrow essentially doesn't exist for PC anymore. Ubisoft support won't help you with it, they won't replace it, etc.

Which is a shame, because I never got to play it.

Has anybody redeemed the Summer Sale Tickets for a prize? Does spending them on that means you lose the chance to use them in the raffle?

Has anybody redeemed the Summer Sale Tickets for a prize? Does spending them on that means you lose the chance to use them in the raffle?

No, your raffle tickets remain after you spend the prize tickets. I bought the Magicka cruise ship DLC, and I might get the Portal 2 Goo Goggles if I happen to get another couple of tickets.

The prize for winning the raffle is getting your top ten games in your wishlist, right?

But... How many of us are going to have anything left once this sale is over? :mock:

All I have in my wish list are indie games under 10$ that I intend to buy on the final day once I'm sure they're not on a special sale.:erm:

The prize for winning the raffle is getting your top ten games in your wishlist, right?

But... How many of us are going to have anything left once this sale is over? :mock:

All I have in my wish list are indie games under 10$ that I intend to buy on the final day once I'm sure they're not on a special sale.:erm:

Upcoming games count too.

I haven't bought a single game this sales period. yet...

ok.. tried to buy terraria today (nice price... only 2,5 euros or 250 usd)

but as usual, steam craps out due to high load or whatever kind of bullshit.

DRM at its finest....

"Thank you for your money. We hate you, now fuck off"

ok.. tried to buy terraria today (nice price... only 2,5 euros or 250 usd)

but as usual, steam craps out due to high load or whatever kind of bullshit.

DRM at its finest....

"Thank you for your money. We hate you, now fuck off"

Try again or change servers then try again, the download servers are hammered at the moment. Also stop whining.

never!!!

But terraria is downloading now... 16mb ... 60 minutes remaining.... really retro

I have a new computer now...but I haven't bought a game in months. Note to self...stay away from Steam.

I don't know why but everybody was having trouble downloading games on Steam last night? I guess we all bought the same games at the same time, because I only had trouble with the more popular games?

Duke Nukem Forever was number one in sales for a few brief moments, which just goes to prove that the lower the price, the more willing some people are to put up with a potentially low quality game.

:violin:

This sale has been pretty disappointing to me. I bought three things, all of them in packs for others to play it as well.

Like the Giant Bomb guys said, I just have everything I want from this. Even the encore deals are pretty much stuff I have.

Ah well.

The thing that is still taunting me a little bit is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I have the other two on PC but have yet to play them, and having just played 4 AC games 7 months ago (the 3 main and the PSP) I can't justify getting the PC version for $20 this soon. I'll pick it up when I'm going through the series again in a year or so, should be cheaper by then. That said, I'm glad I held out on $15 DoW Retribution in favour of getting $7.50 DoW Retribution today. There have been some pretty nice things on this sale, but they've mostly been little indie things. I grabbed Cargo: The Quest For Gravity and Inside a Star-Filled Sky today, and have found a lot of love in my heart for Jamestown, and Bit.Trip Runner. I also got myself Fallout: New Vegas (with all DLC), Frozen Synapse, and Prototype, which I've been wanting to try for a while for ridiculous destructive bullshit. Feels like a pretty good sale for me. I resisted the siren call of Dragon Age 2 and Shogun 2, both of which I'm sure I would enjoy, but don't think I would get more than $15-20 worth of enjoyment out of them. Resisting and saving a bit of money on those felt pretty good.

Also, anyone discover games that they weren't sure they'd like that turned out to be pretty good thanks to the special achievements? I had both Swords and Soldiers HD and and A.R.E.S. already because they came in packs with other games that I quite wanted. They both had what seemed like fairly easy achievements for the summer camp activities, so I installed them and went for it. Turns out, both pretty good games. I now intend to play a fair bit more of them. Those achievements are a pretty good idea. I got 21 all told, which I cashed in for 7 prizes, which turned out to be all that I cared about. Not a great sale for big name games, but a really damn good one for indies and discovering other games that I already had but hadn't thought to play. I'm very happy with this one.