JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Coming from a country where we literally pay $110 per AAA game, i'm glad to see that we get $2 back on you fuckers on Far Cry 2.

/sarcasm

Buy Chaos Theory, it's one of the best games ever made and is on the Steam sale.

Everyone should go check out a Half-Priced Books if you have one in the area. This weekend they are doing a 20% off sale and, at least the store near me, they have a HUGE selection of PC games.

I was able to get The Last Express new for 16 bucks. Now I just gotta figure out how to get it running. :frusty:

Not to rain on your parade, but GOG sells it for $6 and you don't have to figure anything out. Of course if the box is important for you that won't do.

This seems like a great time to nominate a new head_smiley!

post-162-13375603391788_thumb.gif

Not to rain on your parade, but GOG sells it for $6 and you don't have to figure anything out. Of course if the box is important for you that won't do.

Yeah it was basically a purchase for the box, I knew it would be a hassle to get it to run and I figured I might just also get it off GOG when I got my physical copy. I did however get it running last night with only some minor sound issues.

If someone has the GOG copy you can ask them how that works. I'm sure it just uses Dosbox and if you set it up the same way it'll work just as well.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get it running. :frusty:

The Last Express works fine on all modern computers without hassle. I've played it several times now. What problems are you having?

The Last Express works fine on all modern computers without hassle. I've played it several times now. What problems are you having?

From what I have read on the internet there are two versions of The Last Express. The 97 Broderbund version and the 2000 Interplay re-release version. The latter of which I can not comment on compatibility but the 97' copy wont install regularly but is relatively easy to install through DOS (I just am a fool and forgot to tell DOSBox that my D drive is my disk drive, leading to the game not recognizing any disk inserted).

Now that I am able to launch it I am having some minor sound stuttering but the game is certainly playable, if dated. I do think messing around with DOSBox settings will figure it out.

From what I have read on the internet there are two versions of The Last Express. The 97 Broderbund version and the 2000 Interplay re-release version. The latter of which I can not comment on compatibility but the 97' copy wont install regularly but is relatively easy to install through DOS (I just am a fool and forgot to tell DOSBox that my D drive is my disk drive, leading to the game not recognizing any disk inserted).

Now that I am able to launch it I am having some minor sound stuttering but the game is certainly playable, if dated. I do think messing around with DOSBox settings will figure it out.

I own the 97 Broderbund version... I've installed it and uninstalled it several times. Weird that you're having issues. What OS are you running? You know it's not a DOS game, right? It was written for Windows 95 (it should say on your discs).

I own the 97 Broderbund version... I've installed it and uninstalled it several times. Weird that you're having issues. What OS are you running? You know it's not a DOS game, right? It was written for Windows 95 (it should say on your discs).

I am running Vista and whenever I just launch the Disk in vanilla windows I get this error. Unfortunately changing compatibility only results in the same error.

When I picked it up I figured it wouldn't work without a fight and I am actually surprised that I got to the point of playability, but I think GOG will be getting some money soon. Which I really don't mind because it is a nice box.

So I hear some guys called "Ben" and "Dan" made adventure games about themselves? Narcissists.

Those games are for the cheap on "Steam" today or whatever.

Nobody on this forum likes adventure games anyways.

All of the Interplay games on Gog.com are 50% until July 4, some great stuff hanging around there like Freespace and Fallout.

Not a huge fan of Games for Windows Live Marketplace, but they currently have some killer deals on the GTAIV stuff -

Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99/£4.99

The Ballad of Gay Tony - $3.74/£2.49

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned - $2.49/£1.68

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - $7.49/£4.99

Steam is going to take all my monies in the next week or so, I have a feeling.

Ahhhhg Steam Sale is coming; look busy!

I am sorely tempted by Bloodbowl. And there are still so many days to come.

Steam Sales are not as scary as they used to, the only things we have to fear are the new game on sale since the last Steam sale.

(OK, OK, I'll admit I'm terrified and excited too anyway)

I just bought every Telltale game ever made on Steam for 50€ :eek: I might spend my entire months salary on this sale if I'm not careful... But, games!

Edited by Wurtsi

Hey i just bought Test Drive Unlimited for £5 on steam, and my god its bad... i loved the first one because it was so free and now they've crammed 'story' in there :/ even the driving is worse than the first one... and it runs awful and all the controls are set out for a 360 pad, poor. any one else have these problems with it or is it just me? :getmecoat

Bit Trip Runner fo 2€ is tempting, but aren't they releasing the whole series on Wii and 3DS in Bit Trip Complete? :erm: