JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Metro 2033 is down to $10 on Steam this weekend. I cannot recommend this game enough.

As they say, "this."

I should go back to it. I totally ran out of steam about a third of the way through that game. I just wasn't feeling it for whatever reason. Everyone seems to love it so much though, I wonder what I was missing. Time to try again, after Portal 2 is done methinks.

I should go back to it. I totally ran out of steam about a third of the way through that game. I just wasn't feeling it for whatever reason. Everyone seems to love it so much though, I wonder what I was missing. Time to try again, after Portal 2 is done methinks.

I see what you did there.

EA has some nice deals for the weekend:

http://eastore.ea.com/

Thinking about buying Crysis 2, if only to have something to test my upcoming PC with.

EA has a lot of good deals on iOS, too. I got Dead Space iPad for $0.99, which was definitely the impulse buy point for me.

I don't know how most of you feel about GamersGate, but The Shivah (the rabbi detective story Chris so heartily recommend) is a good $3 and whatever that comes out to in "foreign monies". Enjoying it so far.

(I have left the 'h' off four separate times today and feel like a senor-super-douche.)

EA sale on Steam this week. I guess I'll finally get around to playing Dragon Age Origins. Sweet.

(Why did they decide to give the first game a subtitle and then the sequel just got a number? Huh?)

(Why did they decide to give the first game a subtitle and then the sequel just got a number? Huh?)

Yeah, that gets even weirder when you consider the expansion to the first game is called Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.

I don't know if it was just a marketing push on the origin stories, which were a decent selling point for the game, or if they originally intended to name things differently in the series.

That's because the sequel isn't worth it

I was really tempted to buy the ultimate edition yesterday, since it was cheaper than all the dlc combined. I didn't since I don't know when I'll actually play more Dragon Age. I already have Awakenings as well if I really get a hankering any time soon.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for $15 today! I bought it. We have a thread of thumb IDs for this, right? I'd like to populate my friends list.

Wednesday on Steam is... the Sims? I guess it was inevitable.

Actually, the only thing holding me back on Sim City 4 for five bucks is the damage it would do to my productivity.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for $15 today! I bought it.

I was considering it, that game looks like the best NFS in a long time (since Underground 2 to my mind).

Wednesday on Steam is... the Sims? I guess it was inevitable.

Actually, the only thing holding me back on Sim City 4 for five bucks is the damage it would do to my productivity.

Both of those will destroy your life.

Looks like the Witcher is 5 dollars on GOG right now. I'm not normally into long rpgs and I've never used GOG before. But for 5 dollars there's really no reason to not at least give it a shot.

ugh... the witcher... also still on my backlog

ugh... the witcher... also still on my backlog

I dove into it a few months ago, but stopped playing after about twenty hours. I don't remember why... I remember enjoying it. I don't think I remembered to migrate the save files to my new computer so it's yay for Witcher 2, I guess?

Gamersgate seems to be having a 1C sale, which means I can finally buy Pathologic and Cyrostasis cheap!

Oh, you can also buy a game about Tesla with a weather machine of DOOM!:tup:

Strategy First has an adventure sale, three of the games in the bundle are Deck 13 adventures, which are pretty mediocre, The Abbey, a remake of an old Spanish adventure game, La Abadia del Crimen,(I remember liking the original) and D.W.A.R.F.S., I have no idea what this is about.

EDIT: I forgot to say that you need the code "SFIADVENTURE" to get the discount on the Stragey First Adventure Pack.

The Hut is having all kinds of Nintendo and other gaming related sales now.

Metroid: Other M for £9.85/11,43€ which I ordered yesterday alongside with a points card and Lumines 2 for PSP.

Wii Points cards for basically half the price.

2000 points for £9.85/11,43€

3000 points for £14,85/17,43€

Everybody's favourite GotY, Nintendogs and cats for 3DS is just £18/20€.

I'm going to put the points card in good use as I still have for example Hydroventure in Wiiware shop to buy, not many good games left there that I don't yet have except that.

Edited by Kolzig

Point cards are such a waste of plastic, I feel like I'm stabbing Mother Nature in the back several times when I buy a huge plastic case just for a card. ;(

But I'm going to buy one or two anyway. Sorry, Captain Planet!

I just had to buy The Witcher on GOG. Yay! Waited so long to get this game I actually forgot about it. Now I have a backlog of awesome RPGs on my shelf. :tup::tmeh:

Is there a word for when you squee with glee and scream with terror at the same time? :eek:

Masochisquee.

Possibly also the name of a lost Native American tribe.