JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Amazon is having Black Friday sales already, Amazon UK is getting them too, but different sales I believe.

Keep an eye out, I'd post that Civ V is on sale, but there isn't a whole lot of time left I don't think.

For UKers - Fallout NV and Civ V are both 20 pounds off.

£17.49 for Civ V? Hmm tempting. Already bought the Goldeneye Wii deal today though (Special Edition with Classic Controller Pro for just £30) so I can't justify it!

Well, that's MGS Peace Walker bought. Also considering Joe Danger, as I remember it being really well received. Any Thumb opinions?

EDIT: Wait, what? Just went on the PSN store and it's still $40. Does this deal start later?

EDIT EDIT: Ah. Tomorrow. Well then, you folks have a whole day to prosthelytize about Joe Danger.

Alpha Protocol for $7.50 on Steam. I guess now is when I go try that game out.

Normally I would avoid a game with install limits, but at $7.50 I can't complain.

Plus I rather like their deactivation scheme: install on 6th machine, the 1st installation is automatically deactivated. no need to worry about hardware failure or forgetting to deactivate before formatting...

I refuse to succumb to this year's Steam and/or GOG sale, unless they slap both Deathspanks into one delicious sausage package or discount Recettear or a billion other things. I still haven't finished anything from last year. Quite literally anything.

...Goddamn I want these games though ):

:frusty: Restraint is hard.

Anybody in for the RUSE pack ? There are two of us already so we need 4 more.

Well, the $5 "Indie Story Pack" contains the $20 Recettear, so those who (like me) were waiting for this game to get a bit cheaper may want to check it out. I already own Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and And Yet It Moves (this one on Wiiware), so the rest of the pack is meaningless to me, but the 75% off Recettear may make it worth it by itself.

Also: $5 for Kane and Lynch 2? Any thoughts?

How is Jolly Rover, miffy?

Also, the EVE spiel says there's no grinding, is that true at all?

Well, the $5 "Indie Story Pack" contains the $20 Recettear, so those who (like me) were waiting for this game to get a bit cheaper may want to check it out. I already own Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and And Yet It Moves (this one on Wiiware), so the rest of the pack is meaningless to me, but the 75% off Recettear may make it worth it by itself.

Also: $5 for Kane and Lynch 2? Any thoughts?

I wasn't the biggest Kane & Lynch 2 fan, but for $5 I'd say get it. (I mean, that's basically equivalent to the price of a rental)

I believe there were some people here that liked The Longest Journey, so I thought it's probably worth noting it's 50% ($5) on Good Old Games.

It's still good, if you can get past some archaic adventure game design. A lot of the puzzles are straight forward enough, but some might stump you because of the illogical item combination. Still one of my favourite point 'n click adventures ever. Loooove the worlds.

I want a Dreamfall sequel already!