JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Having just replayed Season 1 and 2 (well, ok, I've got "What's New Beelzebub?" minimized while I type this, but mostly done.) and played 301 and 302 the day they each came out, yes. The old ones are still great, the only thing that's really aged is the graphics. The puzzle design in them is classic adventure game, which hasn't really seemed to grow much at all until Season 3 anyway, so roll with it. If you like older adventure games, play season 1 and 2 to see a perfect way to remind you why you like them, then start season 3 for what (if the quality from the first two episodes keeps up through the next three) is starting to look like an honest to god renaissance for them.

Another Steam Mac launch special. The Lucas Arts adventure package is 50% off. Since it's already got a 50% off deal for the package, it's more like 75%.

$5 instead of 20 for The Dig, Loom, Fate of Atlantis and the Last Crusade.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102/

Thanks man, just bought it. Was hoping to get a spare copy of FoA but they said No :(

Ah well, live and learn!

At any rate, I'm living.

Is anyone interested in having my $30 for three seasons of Sam and Max coupon code I have ? I've tried to persuade a few friends and they either weren't interested or already own all 3 seasons and have their own code.

It would be a shame to see this deal go to waste.

Gerbil, when does the offer run out? I've always wanted to play Sam and Max, but 90 bucks was a bit over my 'free cash' threshold.

Also, if you're a whorible person for economic simulations, as I am, The Guild 2 in its entirety is on GamersGate for 15 bucks. (Along with various other somewhat generic simulation games.)

Edited by Orvidos

The code expires June 2nd. If I'm not going to use my code this weekend I'll also put it up for grabs.

Gerbil, when does the offer run out? I've always wanted to play Sam and Max, but 90 bucks was a bit over my 'free cash' threshold.

Yeah, June 2nd, everyone else has said. I might just post it publicly at some point.

Also I think there's a catch that you have to own at least one episode of Sam and Max already. Episode 104 Abe Lincoln Must Die! is free though, so it may work in conjunction with that...

Yup, I also join the long line of TTG fans who already own every Sam & Max game only to be offered a "deal" to buy them all again for less than I originally paid for them. Not a great feeling, I must say.

I have a friend who wants one of the codes, seeing as I already gave mine to someone else. If you're not going to use it, would someone mind PMing me their code so I can pass it on?

I bought the 3 seasons of Sam and Max... God only knows when I'll have the time to play it though.

Looks like Trackmania Forever, Sam and Max 104, and Peggle Extreme are all Free on Steam right now. Not sure if its a weekend deal or what.

Looks like Trackmania Forever, Sam and Max 104, and Peggle Extreme are all Free on Steam right now. Not sure if its a weekend deal or what.

there were always free (ps, it's Trackmania Nations Forever)

there's even more here!

Auditorium and Fractal are 4.99 each. I gather this is something of a discount although I have no idea what they were originally charging.

That would be something of a jedi mind trick, huh? Making a blog post saying "my game is now on sale for x dollars!" and tipping blogs off to it when the price was actually x dollars all along.

note: I do not actually believe that's what's happening here.

75% off THQ PC Games -

http://store.thq.com/

Notable

DOWII: Chaos Rising - $7.50

Metro 2033 - $12.50

Space Asshole - $5

Edit: Just thought it was also worth mentioning that some of these games can be registered on Steam... the list of games are here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

I just got Metro 2033 and after waiting a couple minutes for the confirmation email, I entered the activation code on Steam and it worked just fine. Damn good price!

Edited by JonCole

Civilization: Revolution is free for a limited time on the iPhone/iTouch. GO GO GO!

2 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are on steam for the price of 7.50. I am thinking of getting them since they are currently together less than if I would buy them individualy(I'm intending to play just the new one, but hey, free stuff is free with a reason).

2 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are on steam for the price of 7.50. I am thinking of getting them since they are currently together less than if I would buy them individualy(I'm intending to play just the new one, but hey, free stuff is free with a reason).

Play Shadow with the Complete 2009 mod, it's fantastic.

Sam and Max Season 3 on sale for $20 here.

Sam and Max complete set for $40 here.

From Telltale's Twitter:

The sale prices aren't reflected in the storefront just yet but if you place either item in your cart you will be good to go!

Source

Nothing but good things to say about the third season, seriously, get it.

Anybody that has an iPhone, iPod Touch, or an iPad, the app store is running a huge sale on a bunch on a bazillion things. I got something like 13 games for around $15.