JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Direct2Drive is having a Spring Sale for some time still. Mass Effect 1+2 for 23.5 pounds and so on.

CivIV Complete. Steam. 10 bucks. 'Nuff said.

CivIII Complete is also on sale! $1.25

$1.25 that can destroy your life.

But will it work with Windows 7? It says XP only :(

One thing I am certain of, tho: I don't think we need to be indignant at the people who don't go out of their way digging old threads.

thankx all

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Spam. It was a copy-pasta of what someone said on the first page, in response to someone who questioned my creation of this thread.

Spam. It was a copy-pasta of what someone said on the first page, in response to someone who questioned my creation of this thread.

I prefer my pasta al dante's inferno

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Direct2Drive is having a Spring Sale for some time still. Mass Effect 1+2 for 23.5 pounds and so on.

I need to pick up Sid Meier's Pirates. I heard great things about it but forgot it existed, and now its on sale. Hooray!

I was just going to post about that :). God, if I ever get a PC that can run all the games out there, Steam is going to ruin my life. I'll be living in a box with a laptop playing the $10,000 worth of games I've bought on Steam and using the library's wifi to buy more.

Hell, if the deal is good enough, I buy games I can't even play just because I know it will work out eventually. Oh yeah, and my dad said I could install a game on his new fancy-ass laptop, so I'll finally get to play a bit of the first Stalker next time I visit him.

Hell, if the deal is good enough, I buy games I can't even play just because I know it will work out eventually.

You're describing my life. The only PC I have is a laptop from 2005, and I still end up buying games just because they're cheap, banking on the idea that I'll get a good desktop eventually.

Steam = :owned:

This is not an uncommon strategy. I bought my girlfriend plenty of games long before she was able to play them; after I bought my new video card, I slapped my 8800GT into her machine so she could now catch up on great games like Mass Effect and Bioshock.

Yeah, it makes sense, really, with how cheap some of the Steam stuff is if it's a game you're sure you want to play. Stalker was like $2.00.

I have somehow managed to resist this buying-games-I-can't-play-on-my-hardware kind of behavior for the most part. I think what is helping me not go crazy with game deals is that I am pretty sure my next new computer is going to be a mac and I don't know if I really care to own or install windows ever again. I still have a nice collection of games happening on Steam, so who knows... :tmeh:

World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, Penumbra. Five games, for only $5,784.99 or any other price you feel is right:

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Samorost 2 has been added, if you previously "donated" you can also download it.

Yakuza 3 is £15 at GAME in the uk

Now, I'm an Amuricun. This means I'm stupid.

I see Splinter Cell: Conviction, on GAME Download for 24.99 Euros. My tiny American brain tells me (I was never good at math) this is about 32-ish USD. Am I crazy here? Can I get Conviction for a third off if I buy it from the awesome side of the pond?

GAME is British, it's 25£, which is roughly $37. Downloads aren't always available everywhere, but you could try it.

You're describing my life. The only PC I have is a laptop from 2005, and I still end up buying games just because they're cheap, banking on the idea that I'll get a good desktop eventually.

Steam = :owned:

Pfft. 2003 here.

Curse you steam and your glimpses into a jet set lifestyle. Some day i will be able to play my copies of Bioshock and GTA4.

GAME is British, it's 25£, which is roughly $37. Downloads aren't always available everywhere, but you could try it.

Britain is awesome. That is all.

As for old computers, I thought I was the only one with a computer from 2003 in the world anymore. Admittedly, only the mobo and CPU are still from then, but that's all that really needs to be to hold me back.

I need to pick up Sid Meier's Pirates. I heard great things about it but forgot it existed, and now its on sale. Hooray!

I never understood why this game got any good reviews... It's far too easy, far too repetitive and, well, that's enough of a reason to not like it. Or at least, let down by it.

I never understood why this game got any good reviews... It's far too easy, far too repetitive and, well, that's enough of a reason to not like it. Or at least, let down by it.

Yes, don't get it. Sailing the ships is fun, but thats about it.

Play Portal.

Also, Torchlight is half price on steam again. What are you still waiting for? (If you have a Mac, it's no longer a valid excuse.)