JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

King's Bounty is an awesome game, although I got tired by the end of the first one and never finished.

I never figured out my crashing problem with either King's Bounty game, pretty shitty that it was never patched.

It's not at all like WoW. It's more like Heroes of Might and Magic, but I don't know if you've ever played that. It's pretty much the same except the overworld map is all in real-time instead of a turn based thing. It is quite good, though sadly it went on for so long that I could never be bothered to finish it.

Steam is running a deal on Rockstar games rapid-fire style with individual games going up for sale for only a few hours. Vice City already went for $2.50. The whole pack is up for around $45.

I've also gotten a code from TellTale for the entire StrongBad season for $10. I didn't see anything saying I couldn't give this to someone else (I have no idea if it will work for someone else either), but PM me if you're interested.

Just spotted that Bully is cheap on Steam (£4.25 here) just until 10pm PDT today, which I guess is a few more hours. I guess some people like me might be interested in this after it was mentioned as being very good in a recent cast. I grabbed it...

Sweet, cheers Simon! I would have gone to bed and missed this one. I played Bully on Wii but at that price it's a no-brainer.

I still have a shrink-wrapped copy for 360, but to hell with it. I prefer PC gaming anyway.

Rockstar is doing a sale on GTA IV on Steam, 75% off which makes it $7.50 for a limited time.

That's a damn good deal.

Does the retail version of GTA4 also require steam? or does that one only need G4WL and Rockstar Social?

Edit: ... GTA4 for PC still prices 30 euros, which is about twice more expensive than retail.

It probably ended. It was definitely $7.50 last night.

Those Rockstar offers seemed to last only for a few hours.

Hey guys, the Guild Wars trilogy is £15 on STEAM. Would you recommend I get it?

Hey guys, the Guild Wars trilogy is £15 on STEAM. Would you recommend I get it?

I wouldn't, I tried and hated GW even with a friend trying to help me like it.

Guild Wars is OK, it's basically a single player RPG you can play with friends and has an MMO economy. It's not a 'true' MMO. There's also no subscription fee and all the expansions are stand-alone (except the one that isn't included in the trilogy pack), so you could get one for cheap and try it out.

I... I love this.

I love that it takes the tail end of these indie titles long tails and TRANSFORMS thousands of disinterested computer geeks into fucking philanthropists!

The developers get sales that they probably wouldn't have otherwise, (Hey, even 1$ is more than 0$!) good causes get a little kick back, and we get cool games (potentially) on the cheap!

Literally EVERYONE wins. God, I love digital distribution and the low overhead that makes amazing things like this possible.

Yeah, I donated $25, which would be $5 for each game, which might be what I would spend on the game if it would be on sale anyway.

Too bad I didn't like any of those games.