JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

It's an interesting game with a bunch of problems. It's certainly worth $5.

bunch of problems is right. I got the full game despite the fact that the demo was a big letdown. Not that bad if you don't compare it to the superior original.

But at around half-way mark, it kept crashing at this one spot. Tried on different computers with earlier saves, but I could not proceed any further. Haven't played since.

Invisible War was fun. If it wasn't a sequel to Deus Ex, it would have been much better recieved. People got overhyped, and when they were delivered a good but not mind-blowing game, they got pissed. Still, more than worth $5.

I played IW back in the day, it was fine but here, right now, today, in 2010, living in the future of video games... that game aint gonna make you any friends.

I bought all the hitmans so i could have them on steam,and Deus Ex 1. $13 bucks well spent. Yay for buying games I already own, somewhere...

I played the majority Invisible War on Xbox, with no knowledge of it's predecessor other than it's existence.It was pretty fun, though looking back it's clear to me that it wasn't suited to either a PC or an Xbox. $5 yeah. Hell I bought the whole bundle for a mere £10.

Robobocalypse for the iPhone is free for a short period of time!:woohoo:

I got this. I play it for a short while, then get really annoyed at the action flag control system. For instance, not being able to cancel a defend flag because a robot is wandering right underneath it, and takes priority. Meanwhile, while all my robots milled around that flag with their thumbs up their arses, my base was being demolished.

It's okay, but it's RTS lite and has some big flaws :/

This is a deal that personally caught my eye... I've never really been heavy into any MMO's, just casually some Guild Wars with my girlfriend. But Turbine is running a deal on Lord of the Rings Online and all of it's expansions for $10, along with a 30-day trial. At that price, I'll buy pretty much anything, so I think I'm going to give it a go. Anyone play it/have anything to say about it?

http://store.turbine.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=turbine&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=169163300

gog.com is selling this pack of Kalypso strategy games for $25 dollars which includes the Commandos games, Tropico Reloaded, The Patrician 1 & 2, Port Royale and several more.

This is a deal that personally caught my eye... I've never really been heavy into any MMO's, just casually some Guild Wars with my girlfriend. But Turbine is running a deal on Lord of the Rings Online and all of it's expansions for $10, along with a 30-day trial. At that price, I'll buy pretty much anything, so I think I'm going to give it a go. Anyone play it/have anything to say about it?

http://store.turbine.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=turbine&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=169163300

LOTR Online has 10-day free trial already, so I suppose if you hurry, you could have a taste for a day or two before the deal expires. I personally didn't like it because the world felt empty, bland and definitely not as colourful as ones in WoW or Warhammer Online. Other than that, felt like a very standard MMO. Not a fan of LOTR at all (or MMOs even), so maybe fans would enjoy it a lot more than I did.

The Witcher for $10 at Impulse. tempting. Though I feel very uncomfortable spending money at Impulse these days.

LOTR Online has 10-day free trial already, so I suppose if you hurry, you could have a taste for a day or two before the deal expires. I personally didn't like it because the world felt empty, bland and definitely not as colourful as ones in WoW or Warhammer Online. Other than that, felt like a very standard MMO. Not a fan of LOTR at all (or MMOs even), so maybe fans would enjoy it a lot more than I did.

The Witcher for $10 at Impulse. tempting. Though I feel very uncomfortable spending money at Impulse these days.

Yeah, I'm a fan of LOTR, that's why I had considered trying it in the first place. Watched all of the Extended Editions in a ridiculous marathon a few months ago and felt a crazy desire to get more LOTR stuff. I ended up opting for the soundtracks rather than LOTRO, but this low price is tempting.

As far as The Witcher goes, you got me thinking... and after a little digging, I found a DVD of The Witcher that I got bundled with my old 8800GT. I think there's a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition out there, so if you want this copy and are willing to cough up an address (as long as you don't live all the way on the other side of the world from me), I'd be willing to ship you this extra copy. Let me know!

Good deal, bad store, but here you go anyways:

This is only good through the rest of today, but Battlefield Bad Company 2 is going for $40 on the EA Store... and EA just put out a $20 coupon code for PAX, putting the price at $20. The code is PAXEAST842.

The caveat is that the EA Store is kind of shitty in that it only lets you download the game within the span of a year, then you can't redownload it again. As far as I know, though, they give you the CD key listed as the "unlock code" at the post-payment screen and you can use it with a retail disk or ISO you otherwise "acquire". Also, if you're willing to dig through the EA Downloader cache, you can find the installer and copy it to a DVD or an external hard drive to give you a way to back it up.

I did it, but I'm a whore for deals. But now I have a game to play with you guys on PC, so I'm happy!

You can also use that PAX Code to preorder Madden 11 apparently.

Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that. It's actually a $20 off anything $40 or more code, so it works for all physical media and other downloads. I just mentioned BFBC2 since it's the most exceptional deal and it's already $10 off to begin with.

Gamestop is having a sale...up to 50% off on certain new games. I don't recommend going to Gamestop, but if you happen to find yourself there (I passed it on the way home and saw the signs).

I got Blazblue for $20 and Sonic Unleashed for $15

Also on sale were the three most recent Call of Duty games, Way of the Samurai 3, Prototype, Disgaea 3 etc...most are $20

Gamestop is having a sale...up to 50% off on certain new games. I don't recommend going to Gamestop, but if you happen to find yourself there (I passed it on the way home and saw the signs).

Also on sale were the three most recent Call of Duty games, Way of the Samurai 3, Prototype, Disgaea 3 etc...most are $20

When I buy a new game there I feel the same as buying a used game because they put stickers all over the package. But anyways, you can find special editions and stuff like that really cheap used due to bad workers there that mislabel packaging. That's some pretty good deals though.

When I buy a new game there I feel the same as buying a used game because they put stickers all over the package.

To quote Idle Thumbs: "My pristine collection! :(."

Haha, I just went to this on my lunchbreak hoping I'd find something on my list that I needed to buy, but no dice. I suppose it's good if you are looking for iCarly on Wii for only $15. WHAT A STEAL!

Haha, I just went to this on my lunchbreak hoping I'd find something on my list that I needed to buy, but no dice. I suppose it's good if you are looking for iCarly on Wii for only $15. WHAT A STEAL!

Yeah... I honestly just saw that list and was grateful, considering most of it is total shit. Many of the best games on there have already been on sale on Amazon (i.e. MW2 @ $40, Prototype @ $20, etc) and I don't have to pay any taxes there.

On a related note, Wolfenstein is going for $13.53/$18.27 (360/PS3) on Amazon at the moment... anyone know a thing about this game? I heard that it's far from ideal, but for <$20 it's a pretty decent shooter.

There's a bunch of Arcade deals on XBL this week:

- Age of Booty 400 points (usually 800)

- Defence Grid, 400 points (usually 800)

- Lumines LIVE, 400 points (usually 800)

- Mad Tracks, 400 points (usually 800)

- Rocket Riot, 400 points (usually 800)

- Schizoid, 400 points (usually 800)

- South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, 400 points (usually 800)

- Super Street Fighter II HD, 560 points (usually 1200)

- Track & Field, 240 points (usually 400)

- Wallace & Gromit Episode 1, 400 points (usually 800)

I picked up Age of Booty and Rocket Riot myself, having heard good things about both. How is the first W&G episode, is it worth checking out at 400 points?

There's a bunch of Arcade deals on XBL this week:

- Age of Booty 400 points (usually 800)

- Defence Grid, 400 points (usually 800)

- Lumines LIVE, 400 points (usually 800)

- Mad Tracks, 400 points (usually 800)

- Rocket Riot, 400 points (usually 800)

- Schizoid, 400 points (usually 800)

- South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, 400 points (usually 800)

- Super Street Fighter II HD, 560 points (usually 1200)

- Track & Field, 240 points (usually 400)

- Wallace & Gromit Episode 1, 400 points (usually 800)

I picked up Age of Booty and Rocket Riot myself, having heard good things about both. How is the first W&G episode, is it worth checking out at 400 points?

For what it's worth, I'd recommend Age of Booty, Defense Grid, Lumines, and SSF2HDR with no hesitation. Can't say a thing about W&G, though I imagine someone around here has to have checked it out.

It's probably worth your while to support telltale. It can't possibly be so bad that it's not worth five bucks.