JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Oh, you really got me, Microsoft. I went through the trouble of getting that client and all that, but the actual price is $50.

Really? What happened there? That sounds a bit sucky.

Actually looking at the deal page, it says that it starts tomorrow. I didn't really pay much attention seeing as I'm still deliberating as to whether or not I want to buy it.

Ah... it still seems a little bit misleading.

I enjoyed the game on 360 so I'll pass on this one, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the games are going to be.

Oh, so it's that it's not actually a deal yet. After I went through all that I just assumed that they were jerks and Canadians didn't get the deal.

Oh, so it's that it's not actually a deal yet. After I went through all that I just assumed that they were jerks and Canadians didn't get the deal.

Don't jinx it! They have a day to revise their pro-not being anti-Canadian agenda!

Ah, I figured it was US-only but I guess not. If they don't ask for an inflated euro price from me, I'll get it tomorrow.

Batman: Arkham Asylum [PC] on sale by 75% - dropping the title from $49.99 all the way to $12.50! This will be effective in every country that is supported by the Games on Demand service.

Source

I was sad to have to have my eyes assaulted by GFWL, but I lived through it and got me some batman finally. I just hope I don't want any of the other games.

How much is that Batman video game in euros, by the way? I can't be bothered to boot up in Windows, let alone install the client, just to see that it is 19,90€* or something.

*Edit: especially since it seems to be 19,90$ on GamersGate.

How much is that Batman video game in euros, by the way? I can't be bothered to boot up in Windows, let alone install the client, just to see that it is 19,90€* or something.

*Edit: especially since it seems to be 19,90$ on GamersGate.

In a quick search, I'm seeing £8.75 but I can't find it in €... either way, looks like they're pricing fairly internationally.

Hope that helps!

Wow, that's a great deal. What's GFWL's policy regarding activations and whatnot... is it one-time download and one-time install thing? Or is it like Steam? (although at $12, it may be worth it to play just once)

Wow, that's a great deal. What's GFWL's policy regarding activations and whatnot... is it one-time download and one-time install thing? Or is it like Steam? (although at $12, it may be worth it to play just once)

I believe it's a five activations/month system, though I can't find a support article stating it.

Dawn of War II for £5; (http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html) and Supreme Commander Gold (SC + Forged Alliance) for £4.50 here; (http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/5269/product/Buy-Supreme-Commander-Gold-Download)

There's also indie games and other stuff (that will be posted more than once by several people); http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/02/27/the-rps-bargain-bucket-serious-indie/#more-26085

GFW doesn't let me change my country setting from USA when I try to get Batman AA. I don't know if it would still let me buy it, I guess not. Too annoyed by now to try, I'm sure I'll get the game for 2$ eventually...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Steam's latest indie bundle!

Bob came in pieces and Gridrunner are fun, Altitude and Galcon might be if you like multiplayer, but still fun solo, Bullet Candy is bullet hell and I'd forget the other too....

So there's a rumor on GAF about a Black Wii Sports Resort bundle for $199. Sounds nice.

I wonder how hard it would be to strip down two Wiis and swap their housings so that I may have a Black Wii with all of my VC/Wiiware games intact.

With my luck, I would go through the whole process and end up putting the guts back into their original cases. :frusty:

Street Fighter IV is £12.50 on the same GFWL deal that Arkham Asylum was.

The Indie Strategy Games Bundle

Gratuitous Space Battles + Tribe expansion

Solium Infernum

AI War + The Zenith Remnant expansion

$49.99

Heard good things about Gratuitous Space Battles on a few podcasts and the Rock Paper Shotgun guys did a really interesting writeup on Solium Infernum, but I can't personally vouch for any of these games.

RPS is in love with each of these, especially Solium Infernium. I'd love to buy this, but can't afford it, and also these types of games always just kick my ass and I stop playing.

CANADIANS! TAKE HEED!

On Saturday I was at Best Buy looking for a decent pair of headphones and (as I usually do) ended up browsing their video games. In the PS3 section, I noticed that Brutal Legend was $40. Having still not picked it up, I was tempted. Then I thought to myself that it would probably run better on 360, as things tend to, so I went to check if it was cheaper on that. Much to my delight, the 360 version was $20. If you are Canadian, have a 360, meant to buy Brutal Legend but never got around to it, and are currently in posession of a green bill with the queen's face on it, get thee to a Best Buy.

Wow... now I feel really bad for paying 40 for Brutal Legend and I played like 1h total since then

Wow... now I feel really bad for paying 40 for Brutal Legend and I played like 1h total since then

That's okay, I went for the $37 dollar deal a month ago, thinking I was getting some sort of steal, and have only turned in about an hour's worth of game time as well. I feel your pain.