JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I never had any problems with Meat Circus really, it was definitely more :tmeh: than the rest of the game, but not too hard or anything.

I didn't have any problems with Meat Circus either and I usually have a lot of problems with platforming games.

Had to buy this yesterday, I have the CD's and the retail box on the shelf, but for 2 euros it was a must buy.

why don't you buy the $ version... it says it's available worldwide

why don't you buy the $ version... it says it's available worldwide

Derp, good shout.

And it worked. Thanks for actually reading a thing, you just got me the new Red Faction game for about £3.50 :tup:

1 - 0 elmuerte.

Tropico 3 for $ 13.60

The game didn't really grab me the way a good Sim City or a Civilization do, but for this price it might be worth even if all you end up doing is playing the sandbox mode a couple of times and uninstalling like I did.

I was tempted to get Tropico, but I haven't paid more than about six pounds for a single Steam game for a long time now, I pretty much exclusively buy in the sales. Valve have almost conditioned me to not buy anything more expensive than a pint unless I'm feeling particularly extravagant.

Edit: Pictorial evidence from first six months of use and last six months of use. Everything more expensive than £7.25 in the right hand image was multiple games.

steam1.jpgsteam2e.jpg

Edited by gdf

Oh man. HMV in London has the "Value" box of The Beatles: Rock Band for £40!!!! ($65). I don't want the instruments, but for that price I might just take them. Wow.

I got that just before Christmas on their website. Worth double that, I've gotten so much joy out of that game :yep:

If you don't own Far Cry 2 at this point, there's something wrong with you. Remedy that, because it's on sale for $10 on Steam.

Zen Bound is also on sale on the iTunes App Store for $2.

If you don't own Far Cry 2 at this point, there's something wrong with you.

No, there was something wrong with the store I tried to buy it from.

And Far Cry 2 on steam is still more expensive than in retail.

Dang... Play is having a 2 for 33€ deal...

I've always left Dead Space behind because I didn't live the demo that much, but, not that it's in this deal I'm definitely going to get it!

But what else to get? If I loved The Saboteur will I like Mercenaries 2? I love blowing things up! :clap::woohoo::clap:

Two other games that mildly interest me at this price are WET and Legendary, I enjoyed Stranglehold and I'm hoping Legendary will be like Will Rock?:erm:

Should I get Empire Total War for $13.59, or Total War Mega Pack for $20? Never played any of the games, definitely getting one of the two deals. This is on steam btw.

There's a demo of one of them on Steam, I wouldn't know if they are good since I'm that much into RTS...

I don't actually know whether this constitutes a 'deal' or not, but it's the cheapest I've found the game going for and it was cheap enough for me to bite; video gamesplus.ca is selling the God of War Collection on the PS3 for £18 which comes to about £24 with postage to the UK. I've used them in the past to buy MLB 09: The Show and had no problems (either with the site or customs) and they also accept paypal if that's a consideration.

Should I get Empire Total War for $13.59, or Total War Mega Pack for $20? Never played any of the games, definitely getting one of the two deals. This is on steam btw.
As big a fan as I am of the newer titles, the only problem I see with the pack is how it doesn't contain the original (and in my opinion best) of the series. Shogun had a charm and simplicity that the sequels have seen fit to complicate and make increasingly unwieldy.

Regarding the Total War series: Which is the must have title? I'm not going to buy the whole pack because I know I'm not gonna play them all, so does anybody know which game in the series is the one to have?