JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Since Black Friday is clearly over and there seemed to be a handful of topics around the Steam holiday sale, I figured a general, persistent thread might be the way to go.

Anyways, just thought it was worth pointing out Dirt 2 as the weekend sale on Steam, for $20. I know we were talking about various racing games on one of the prototype Formula Thumb sessions and there seemed to be interest in the latest Colin McRae offering, so there ya go.

Dirt 2? They clearly should have named it "More dirt" or "Dirtier"

I'm sure they're saving up for D3rt ™ or something silly in the future.

Futureshop in canada have Brutal legend and dragon age on special for 49.99.

Steam Weekend Sale

Company of Heroes Complete - $12.50

Company of Heroes - $5

Opposing Fronts - $5

Tales of Valor - $7.50

Edited by JonCole

I don't know what to think about the weird (and recent, no?) tendency of thumbites to keep many general purpose, general reference threads going and alive for ever. On one hand it is kindof nice on a conceptual level, not to litter with multiple threads on an old subject where you could as well dig out a two year old one and continue it. On the other, there was a couple of times where I didn't even post a thought because I couldn't find the old thread that I knew was there. :violin:

One thing I am certain of, tho: I don't think we need to be indignant at the people who don't go out of their way digging old threads. :gaming:

I thought we could be dicks on this forum without people thinking we mean it..?

Anyway, although my thread was a general, persistent thread about bargains, encompassing non-game stuff, it did descend into Steam deals and nothing else and it was in Idle Banter. Perhaps that can be the non-games bargain thread, and this one be games-only...

Best Buy has some good deals this week, including Buy 2, Get 1 on 360 Platinum Hits titles and $10 off a $20 PSN card with the purchase of MAG.

Amazon is offering $10 credit with the pre-order of several upcoming games, including Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno, Final Fantasy XIII, MAG, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Pretty great deal that I jumped on immediately:

God of War Collection, $30 on Amazon, price matched from GameStop's price drop.

I now own or have owned Psychonauts on every platform! Two of those digitally!

Rad game.

I've never played Psychonauts.

Infidel.

Now I can for two bucks. Woo!

And you must.

Didn't have any issues with the keyboard/mouse.

It probably depends on what you're used to. Because I find the gamepad controls in various console games dreadful.

Meat Circus is like the last level of Ouendan; so frustrating, then eventually it clicks and you can do it. :tup:

Anybody have tips for 360 controller mappings? For some reason, even now that I can get my 360 pad to work with all my other PC games, Psychonauts still doesn't want to recognize that I have a second analog stick. If I want to play it on PC, I end up using my Logitech Dual Action pad from around 2002, which it likes just fine for dual analog goodness.

Anybody have tips for 360 controller mappings? For some reason, even now that I can get my 360 pad to work with all my other PC games, Psychonauts still doesn't want to recognize that I have a second analog stick. If I want to play it on PC, I end up using my Logitech Dual Action pad from around 2002, which it likes just fine for dual analog goodness.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4318 Guys over on the Telltale board had the same problem, however solved it.

Did you get past Meat Circus, brkl? We discussed it here and quoted Tim's tips for that level...