Sign in to follow this  
Patters

Osmos

damn this game is great, hard as hell though, there is a gret deal on it from GFWL for £2.50, it has achievements. Apparently not many people have bought it from them yet though with only 2 other Giant bomb users having the GFWL version.

damn this game is great, hard as hell though, there is a gret deal on it from GFWL for £2.50, it has achievements. Apparently not many people have bought it from them yet though with only 2 other Giant bomb users having the GFWL version.

I think that's probably because it went on sale for so damn cheap on Steam during Black Friday. Either $1 or $2, if memory serves.

$2. I got it. I'm honestly a bit choked that the game has GFWL achievements if you buy it from one place but not from another. Seems weird to have the same game on the same system give different perks. Not really a big achievement guy, but it seems a bit off regardless.

Okay, soldiers. General Sleep has an order for you. GO PLAY OSMOS, but not just play it, also fell it. This game hit me out of surprise, I was just expecting a fun little game that didn't cost much. What happened was, that deeper I played into it, more I found myself, completely subconsciously, connecting my game interactions to the real world. Not in phisical way, but more on spiritual level. I don't want to spoil too much of it until at least some of you play it, but I will say this:

THIS GAME BETTER SIMULATES REAL WORLD AND LIFE THAN ANY OTHER GAME.

Fuck World of Goo, this is my goty for next four years.

Now go play it and confirm that I'm not a lunatic!

The difficulty spike is pretty rough, but some of the later levels are awesome. The levels where you orbit around the core are probably the neatest, but my favorite level was the one where you start out packed in a grid with a bunch of smaller and larger orbs, and none of them are moving at the start. Very puzzle-like, and you have to be careful, because just the force of your bubble jets can send a titanic orb on a course where it's going to become huge and prevent you from advancing.

Sorry, I really had to bump this.

As part of the Humble Indie Bundle part deux, I picked this up. It was incredibly enjoyable all the way through until I hit F3C3... the last level so to speak. The one where you have to suck up 4 attractors. It's by far the longest lasting level. The issue that I have with it is... it's impossible. I played through the entire game in 4 hours, until this level, which I am now well into the 10 hour mark just on the level (so 6-ish hours trying over and over and over). People say the difficulty spike is too steep, well I want to say, there's no difficulty spike, there's just this level, then the rest of the game... there's no spike, they are just separate games. :(

I know, maybe I am being a bit dramatic. But the reason for this is I am looking for advice. There's no FAQ for this game and I am looking for pointers.