Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Steam ruined my life

"Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the client"

With the incredibly cheap sale ongoing at the moment, what have you fellow thumbs bought? I picked up Stalker for a mere £1.39 earlier, which was lush, along with Mirrors edge for ~£3.

You should all go and buy things too!

Braid, Beyond Good and Evil. There's a couple of other games I want to buy, but am willing to hold to next year for (Total War, Indigo Prophecy, Torchlight, Trine). Which begs the question: is this annual? (I'd check but it takes sooo long to load Steam.)

Braid, Beyond Good and Evil. There's a couple of other games I want to buy, but am willing to hold to next year for (Total War, Indigo Prophecy, Torchlight, Trine). Which begs the question: is this annual? (I'd check but it takes sooo long to load Steam.)

I'd presume so. Steam has sales for just about everything. "My workmate had a daughter steam deal day" is next!

I know the deals are going to change daily, for specific games anyway. Such as how todays is Mirrors Edge/Stalker and so on.

Holy crap... there's just too much!

Today only deals:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - £1.39

Grand Theft Auto IV - £4.99

Mirror's Edge - £3.24

Defense Grid: The Awakening - £1.74

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - £14.99

Other stuff

Freedom Force Pack (1 & 2) - £3.34

Ghostbusters - £5.09

Civilization III Complete - £2.00

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Got Tropico 3 and the Ben There Dan That and Time Gentlemen Please bundle.

Don't expect to get any replies, but since it doesn't hurt to ask: Would anybody be willing to trade some games up? I want to buy GTA4, but since Rockstar games are only open for purchase if you live in North America or Europe I need to find someone from one of those areas to gift it for me. In exchange I could gift you another Steam game of similar value or just send you the cash through Paypal.

Don't expect to get any replies, but since it doesn't hurt to ask: Would anybody be willing to trade some games up? I want to buy GTA4, but since Rockstar games are only open for purchase if you live in North America or Europe I need to find someone from one of those areas to gift it for me. In exchange I could gift you another Steam game of similar value or just send you the cash through Paypal.

Are you sure that if it got gifted, it would work? That seems like a far too simple work around.

Sure, that'll be no problem! Send me your Steam ID.

Are you sure that if it got gifted, it would work? That seems like a far too simple work around.

I'm not 100% sure, but I read it worked before on some message board (And hey, why would anybody lie on the internet?). Plus I figure if I'm gonna risk it might as well be with a game that costs less than 10 bucks.

For anyone willing to help me out - Worst case scenario is you get a free game gifted to you and a copy of GTA4 to send to somebody else if Steam doesn't let me receive it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I read it worked before on some message board (And hey, why would anybody lie on the internet?). Plus I figure if I'm gonna risk it might as well be with a game that costs less than 10 bucks.

For anyone willing to help me out - Worst case scenario is you get a free game gifted to you and a copy of GTA4 to send to somebody else if Steam doesn't let me receive it.

I would have, but TP offered aswell, and I still don't know how to gift things, I'll let him do it this time. Let us know if it works out

Sure, that'll be no problem! Send me your Steam ID.

Sent you a PM. Thanks a bunch!

I would have, but TP offered aswell, and I still don't know how to gift things, I'll let him do it this time. Let us know if it works out

And thanks to you as well. It's the thought that counts.

Edited by buemba

I also would have offered, and just so everyone knows, it should work. I did that with Left 4 Dead 2 so that some Australians could have the US version, I bought the 4 pack and gifted them the 3 other copies and now they don't have to put up with the censored version.

As for what games I am looking at:

Steam:

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

King's Bounty: Gold Edition

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

Indigo Prophecy

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

GOG.com:

Fallout

Fallout 2

Haven't picked any up yet but pretty sure I will get all of those, the only one I'm on the fence about is King's Bounty, a bit more than I want to pay but still a good deal.

It worked! Thanks once again to ThunderPeel2001 for this.

And now for a little pay it forward: First person to quote this message gets a game of their choice from Steam's under $5.00 list.

I have so far bought STALKER and Beyond Good and Evil for 2 bucks each. I'm trying to be as cheap as I can, so nothing for me that is above 5 bucks. :P

Was just browsing Steam and noticed something: FUEL, GRID, DIRT are all by Codemasters (didn't know this). What's their next game, ROAD?

Edit. Btw, is the Steam store really unstable for anyone else? If I use it not in an external browser, but inside Steam, it crashes all the time.

Was just browsing Steam and noticed something: FUEL, GRID, DIRT are all by Codemasters (didn't know this). What's their next game, ROAD?

Dirt 2.

Damn, you Steam, you made me buy games I already have (or had):

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1254347042 Beyond Good and Evil™ 2,49€

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1256774172 Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time 4,99€

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1260901271 Red Faction Guerrilla 24,99€

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1259623805 Mirror's Edge™ 3,74€

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1259878029 Braid 2,24€

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1259259460 Osmos 3,49€

I currently have none of them on the PC though. Might want to replay for this cheap, I don't play that much on the consoles at the moment.

Oh, yeah, this too, since people have been saying it wasn't bad:

capsule_sm_120.jpg?t=1254347046 Prince of Persia The Two Thrones™ 4,99€

Edit. Btw, is the Steam store really unstable for anyone else? If I use it not in an external browser, but inside Steam, it crashes all the time.

I'm noticing incredible spikes in the CPU that it uses. Forcing to close it down often.

Stalker was so cheap that I actually bought it with the future in mind, figuring I'll someday have a computer than can run it. Then I got Rome: Total War for 2.50 which I can actually play, currently.

So many deals!

Indigo Prophecy was one of my favorite gaming experiences last year, you guys should enjoy it. I ended up using my dual-Analog controller to play it on PC, it just made the qte's easier.

So I got.

S.T.ALKER.. SOC. -Heard so much about it, and for 2 bucks plus a bit of mod research I'm set.

Chronicles of Riddick: Ass. on Dark Ath.

-Again, heard a lot of good things about these games, and it's a 2 for 1. (butcher bay included)

and

the Freedom Force pack.

-Another 'heard good things about you' game.

I bought Riddick instead of Trine... have I offended the Wizard? :fart:

Depends on if you're a man or woman. The Wizard worked ever so hard on his fire spell, in order to impress the ladies.

Riddick is worth it for Butcher Bay alone. That game was great the first time around on 360/PC and it's even better now with really sharp graphics. I only got about halfway through Dark Athena before I got distracted by another game, mostly because it seemed a bit harder and poorly designed. Either way, at $6.80, it's a no-brainer.