Thyroid

Sam & Max 2010

Indeed it does. Also, I'm surprised at how the Telltale engine has grown!

I just pre-order'd. Typically Telltaleish, I stay up till well into the wee hours of the a.m., get some sleep, and learn the next day that the site launced minutes after I hit the sack.

I can't check the links right now, but is in the deal included the possible dvd release with the price of the shipping after the season is done, like always previously has been?

I can't check the links right now, but is in the deal included the possible dvd release with the price of the shipping after the season is done, like always previously has been?

For PC and I think Mac, yes.

I predict a puzzle where you have to

get the total on the cash register to equal a certain amount.

I've just seen a trailer and my god, this little adventure game has more ESRB warnings than games like GoW.

Also, I think they will release a disk version eventualy(even though I'm still waiting for season 2).

I've just seen a trailer and my god, this little adventure game has more ESRB warnings than games like GoW.

Sounds promising :)

I hope they remember one simple rule about Sam and Max: They're at their best when they're irreverent in the face of imminent peril/serious situations... I don't think they're as funny when they're just irreverent for the sake of it. (I say that because I've only just realised it myself, after years!)

Preordered sight unseen. Going to check out the trailer now. Fuck yes, more Telltale!

Also, I need to finish my replay of the earlier games. I got totally sidetracked by real life. I'm going to do a run tomorrow evening. It is resolved.

Anyone else notice that "The Devil's Playhouse" derives from the same proverb as "Idle Thumbs" ?

I can't determine if this is significant or not.

Also, I think they will release a disk version eventualy(even though I'm still waiting for season 2).
I got my Season 2 disk ages ago. And just got the email telling me about the ToMI disk the other day.

I got my Season 2 disk ages ago. And just got the email telling me about the ToMI disk the other day.

He means a retail disc. And yes it has just been released in the US, so is likely to follow in Europe soon.

Anyone else notice that "The Devil's Playhouse" derives from the same proverb as "Idle Thumbs" ?

I can't determine if this is significant or not.

It does? I've heard "the devil finds work for idle hands", but nothing to do with a playhouse?

I think he's referring to "The devil's hands are idle playthings".

Incidentally, anyone ever pick-up any Idle Thumbs references in TTG games? I remember 8-Bit Is Enough having something a reference to "The Wizaaaard", but that's about it.

He means a retail disc. And yes it has just been released in the US, so is likely to follow in Europe soon.

Which is a shame, because the retail versions are usually way behind the Telltale DVDs in bonus content. Jake and I (and videodor Nick 'not Breckon' Herman) worked really hard to assemble as much awesome stuff as we could for those DVDs back in the day. The Season Two disc is still my favorite of all time (and the DVD Studio Pro content map still haunts my dreams to this day). But then when the retail editions come out, they tended to just pick a couple of things and throw them on the disc as WMVs.

Which is a shame, because the retail versions are usually way behind the Telltale DVDs in bonus content. Jake and I (and videodor Nick 'not Breckon' Herman) worked really hard to assemble as much awesome stuff as we could for those DVDs back in the day. The Season Two disc is still my favorite of all time (and the DVD Studio Pro content map still haunts my dreams to this day). But then when the retail editions come out, they tended to just pick a couple of things and throw them on the disc as WMVs.

Yeah, The TTG ones are rad. I'm glad the effort was made with them.

Incidentally, anyone ever pick-up any Idle Thumbs references in TTG games? I remember 8-Bit Is Enough having something a reference to "The Wizaaaard", but that's about it.

I picked up on it, but I wasn't sure if I was projecting that into the game as a fan of Idle Thumbs or if they actually put it in a [not so] subtle nod to the 'cast.

Oh, I didn't even realise they'd been released to retail. Either they never made it to Australia, or I've just shown how rarely I actually go in to games stores these days.

Sleepdance: Why would you prefer a retail disc rather than buying it online direct from Telltale?

Pre-ordered the Sam&Max season today alongside with the Monkey Deluxe edition. To my great surprise the good people at Telltale are shipping the Monkey DVD with the deluxe gear for free to me! Holy crap! :tup:

I guess the total amount went over some limit, I think this doesn't happen normally. :)