Chuckpebble

So, how is everyone?

Dante's Inferno comes out next week. I can't think of a better time for the return of the Idle Thumbs podcast than this.

Hello everyone. My name is Michael and *sob* I used to *sniff* I used to listen to Idle Thumbs. *breaks down*

Hahaah we definitely need an Idle Thumbs Survivor's Support Group. Maybe we should just rename this subforum to that. Or possibly 'Idle Widows'.

Speaking of tears, at GDC people will apparently find out exactly how a Video game can make you cry: https://www.cmpevents.com/GD10/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=10324

Five Ways a Video Game Can Make You Cry

Session Description

For the last twenty five years, game developers, critics and players have wondered when a game will make us cry. What if some already have? This high-speed talk focuses on why people are brought to tears by media of all kinds, deconstructing specific examples to see why they are so effective, with illustrations provided from film, music, and other media as appropriate. We'll then discuss specific ways games can achieve similar results, by transforming these techniques to work in the context of gameplay. Further examples will be shown from some of the most touching games ever made.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

(via Infovore on Twitter)

I didn't think this deserved a thread of its own, and this one seemed like the most appropriate one to shit in.

Dante's Inferno comes out next week. I can't think of a better time for the return of the Idle Thumbs podcast than this.

This AND Jonathan Knight of Visceral Games giving his thoughts on a MacBeth game (and gaming in general for that matter). I actually fear that Remo might have gone into a coma simply to spare himself the trauma.

Please guys, do a show! I'm fucking dying here. I even asked Simon Carless to tell Remo to hurry the fuck up and get an episode out, but that was like two weeks ago :tdown:

In other words, Congrats Nick.

Seriously guys, seriously. It's time. Steve's game ships next week, Chris is clearly pining for his thumbs outlet (words and words on Mass Effect 2, clearly most suitable for his beloved readers eardrums, not fooling anyone) and most importantly...

WHAT ABOUT JAKE. THINK OF VIDEO GAMES RODKIN.

He needs this. He needs you Chris, he needs us Chris, he needs video games.

I fear he will soon forget what a video game is and he'll start crying in a meeting about pirates and monkeys and treasure, not understanding at all what the adults are talking about and feeling so so lonely and afraid.

Maybe some guys from the forums should just start podcasting. I'm okay with that.

A few of us were planning to, Mr 'vania's Brain child, it just kind of fell through with previous commitments. I would still be up for it though.

I might just tunelessly roar every one of Chris' podcast songs into a mic.

"IT'S AIRPLANES FOR FOLKS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT AIRPLANES IS GOTTA USE THE KID CAN'T USE THE OLD MAN TO CITIZEN SNAKE."

How much more desperate begging will this take?

I might just tunelessly roar every one of Chris' podcast songs into a mic.

"IT'S AIRPLANES FOR FOLKS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT AIRPLANES IS GOTTA USE THE KID CAN'T USE THE OLD MAN TO CITIZEN SNAKE."

How much more desperate begging will this take?

Only inexplicably massive sales for Dante's Inferno can save us now.

two things,

first, Jake and Chris do a cast SOON, with or without steve or anyone else, or just have a speakerphone on the table for Nick and he can pretend he's Charlie from Charlies Angels for the recording session

second, if anyone has a serious interest in doing a skype cast, ive hosted 2 shows, have a site, have a feedburner account and pod server already set up and ready to go, i would jump back on the horse(bag) again if the situation was right.

cheers!

and by the way, Nick breaking up the podcast and moving to MD, is the reason weve had such a shitty winter here on the east coast, thanks Nick

I'll totally do a podcast. I can talk about anything, like cars and drugs.

I'll totally do a podcast. I can talk about anything, like cars and drugs.

I demand the 'blix cast!!!

I demand the 'blix cast!!!

Also I wouldn't be able to have any guests, because:

1. They wouldn't get a word in, and
  2. They would cramp my style

I had a dream where I recorded an episode of Idle Thumbs, impersonating Chris, Jake, and Nick with some sort of magical accuracy. I released the episode online and everyone went crazy for it, but somehow found out that I tricked them. Then, everyone came to my house and stabbed me in the chest with an enormous drill.

Video games. ;(

Then, everyone came to my house and stabbed me in the chest with an enormous drill.

Sounds like something I would do. Haha, no I wouldn't.

Yes, I would.

As I said before, I may or may not have anything legitimately interesting to say, but could say a thing into a microphone if the public demands it.

I would like to be involved in something, but would probably hate to hear the results, and am also devoid of interesting insight and humorous flights of fancy.

I would like to be involved in something, but would probably hate to hear the results, and am also devoid of interesting insight and humorous flights of fancy.

The hosts of our beloved podcast do have the ability to talk about eldritch things that only make sense to them... but still make it funny.