Chuckpebble

So, how is everyone?

The guys haven't logged into their consoles for almost 3 months and I'm finally considering deleting the podcast from my iTunes list so I don't have to see it every time I download something else and feel that sorrowful sense of loss.

I think it's time I moved on. Hold me.

e-hug

Listening through them again. It's just so good. Like, literally the best podcast ever.

Congrats Nick.

For those not interested in listening to the entire PCGamer podcast, Chris talks about the new "less frequent" Idle Thumbs right around the 7:00 mark.

Hahaha, they bleep Chris so much. I didn't realize how much he cursed. ¬¬¬

They even bleeped when chris says 'asshole' and '-shit'. Weirdly, the host says shit later on and doesn't get bleeped.

I though "shit" was no longer qualified as obscene by the FCC.

I though "shit" was no longer qualified as obscene by the FCC.

Yeah, but people are so afraid of losing viewers/listeners/sponsors (mostly sponsors) that they don't want to take the risk.

Also, the FCC has no say over media like podcasts, so it's really just up to the people in charge of the show.

For those not interested in listening to the entire PCGamer podcast, Chris talks about the new "less frequent" Idle Thumbs right around the 7:00 mark.

So now, instead of saying Congrats Nick, we should say FUCK Windows 7 for delaying our Idle Thumbs fix?

Listening to the PC Gamer Podcast made me sad. It's nowhere close to the IldeThumbs podcast.

Yeah, but people are so afraid of losing viewers/listeners/sponsors (mostly sponsors) that they don't want to take the risk.

Also, the FCC has no say over media like podcasts, so it's really just up to the people in charge of the show.

Yeah, I feel like it's just a decision to alienate as few people as possible. I don't mind bad language in my podcasts but I do in other situations. Some people find it a turn off. It's funny listening to the PC Gamer podcast though, I've never even noticed thumbs swearing all that much. I guess I'm desensitized.

They even bleeped when chris says 'asshole' and '-shit'. Weirdly, the host says shit later on and doesn't get bleeped.

yeah that was weird

You know Rez, I always wondered where your avatar came from (here and GAF) and then I went to a party over the weekend and some girl made me watch the Old Greg sketch on YouTube. It was the most bizarre thing I had ever seen. I have to admit I did laugh alot, though I was completely trashed.

I just recognized those guys in the pic and the whole strange night came flooding back. hah.

or don't o_O

is it worth listening to the whole pcgamer podcast for top secret idle thumbs news?

The PC Gamer UK podcast is great, but the US one is meh. I only listen to it because I have to fill my work week with 8 hours of podcasts a day.

Hey! Puffins!

5887_2Puffins.jpg

And then stealth puffins.

13466_large_nasavtol_1.jpg

I think we should get one of these for Nick so he can commute to San Fran each week to record. Just drop a Donate link on the front page and I'm sure they'll be able to afford one in no time. Idle thumbs is saved! Hurray for science!

the itunes download icon span around for a while next to the thumbs 'cast section. i was optimistic for a moment.

then it just walked on by......

Hello everyone. My name is Michael and *sob* I used to *sniff* I used to listen to Idle Thumbs. *breaks down*