toblix

Red Dead Redemption

Lol at ign quote.

There was one thing(really small I know) that I really liked about Red Dead when I saw it and I don't see it in this trailer, but for the revolver "cross hairs"(it was a circle they had dots around it that represented the bullets that would deplete and rotate like a real revolver when you shot... I thought that was so cool.

fuck. yes.

that latest video with the History Channel narration has completely won me over. They seem to be stressing the size of the world and terrain and freedom and random coyote bites and whatnot, the story sounds cliche but not too tired, the euphoria animations look fantastic, the atmosphere suitably beautiful. I REALLY hope there's more depth of gameplay here than GUN but it certainly looks hopeful!!!

It's like Far Cry 2 meets The Witcher meets GTA meets Outlaws.

PS. What's the IGN quote? I didn't see it.

Damn. Awesome. That looks completely spectacular. I am now also really tempted to pick up the original, as it's on the 360 backwards compatibility list. Anyone know how it holds up these days?

Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas + GTA4 tech) set in the Wild West?

do-want.jpg

PS. What's the IGN quote? I didn't see it.

In Freezer's signature. I'm assuming it's tongue in cheek...

It's like Far Cry 2 meets The Witcher meets GTA meets Outlaws.

Oh man! I've always wanted to play the Witcher, but the console version went from upcoming to canceled to semi-uncanceled. Maybe Red Dead will have to suffice.

I am going to continue to have a media blackout for this. Interesting experiment for me.

In Freezer's signature. I'm assuming it's tongue in cheek...

I saw it first on the igndotcom twitter feed, I think. And I certainly hope it's tongue in cheek but I have no idea when it comes to IGN.

Anyways, this game... I hope it's rad. All the talk of an "organic world" and the use of Leone motifs makes me quite excited. My only concern is that the missions may end up being more GTA IV than Far Cry 2.

Oh man! I've always wanted to play the Witcher, but the console version went from upcoming to canceled to semi-uncanceled. Maybe Red Dead will have to suffice.

Honestly I've tried playing that game 3 times, the last time was pretty recently a month before Dragon Age came out I dumped in for the special super better edition because people told me they really made it that much more awesome.

Not the thread for it so I'll keep it short, but I don't get that game, it's not for me, I think it's really, really dumb.

Yeah the missions in Red dead seem to be rob a train, kill lots of guys, ride a wagon, etc.. Mini games seem to be the police system from gta; I think the surprising thing is if it comes off less like Gta and more like something else, but really I'm expecting gta4 with horses; which is a lot like Fallout 3 with horses if you think about it.

Not if you leave the guns in.

So surely Red Dead Redemption is Oblivion with guns... which is also Fallout 3. I'm sure there's some sort of clever mathematical equation that would explain this clearly.

Obviously the whole Fallout thing was just a reactionary oversimplification on the part of forum goers of the "no mutants allowed" variety. Fallout 3 is not Oblivion with guns, it is Oblivion with guns and without horses. Red Dead Redemption is something of the missing link which will illuminate the evolutionary chain from Oblivion to Fallout 3.

Red Dead Redemption = Fallout + horses = (Oblivion + guns) + horses

Therefore, Red Dead Redemption is Oblivion with guns and more horses. How many were there in Oblivion?

I can pinpoint the exact moment I started hoping this game would be a lot more like Fallout 3 than the GTA games (whatever that means): when the dog (wolf ?) attacked the main character in the gameplay video. I feel the way that GTA and Fallout (and Oblivion?) worlds work are somehow fundamentally different. I can't quite explain what I mean, but I still think I prefer the latter.

IN HELL!

Red Dead Redemption = Fallout + horses = (Oblivion + guns) + horses meets Dead Space, in Hell, something about Rape - the space and hell if you consider new mexico hell.

You play John Q. Cowboy fighting in Hell (New Mexico) where you're uncovering the ancient ruins of the Alamo. You fight off demonic spirits of mexican soliders with your trusty knife imbued with the soul of James Bowie (and side kick, it's a sarcastic talking knife). You are searching for the corpse of your father, Davey Crockett, who was rumored to have died in battle. There, using the magicks of the ancient Navajo you will restore him to corporeal form and together will bring clean water to the desert wastelands.

Oh wait, this is EA's THE ALAMO not Red Dead... they're so damn similiar.

So has anyone seen anything they DON'T like? This game keeps looking better and better with each trailer. For some reason I'm really looking forward to the hunting and horse wrangling. I hope your horse can die/be lost/get stolen or something because it's really fun when you develop a relationship in a game where under no circumstances will you let that happen usually to your own harm.