UncleSpaggles

*Breathy Voice* Bayonetta *Breathy Voice*

Man...so it's you and me 'Blix representing the hard-casual paradigm (I love easy modes!) on this forum. Only certain games (and very few of them) make me really gung-ho about being especially challenged. Those have included:Trials HD, Xycle (freeware indie game) and Mighty Jill Off.

Hey, I'm happy to represent with you. I play most things on Easy or Normal mode unless the game is a much poorer experience for it. When a game doesn't have difficulty mode at all, I'll play through it and usually find my gaming skills sufficient. If I have the option though, I'll usually choose the easier one.

Hey, I'm happy to represent with you. I play most things on Easy or Normal mode unless the game is a much poorer experience for it. When a game doesn't have difficulty mode at all, I'll play through it and usually find my gaming skills sufficient. If I have the option though, I'll usually choose the easier one.

Did you feel that? I just hugged you.

Yeah, I usually play games on easy or normal as well, especially when they require me to shoot anything, as I can't aim for crap.

Also, the first thing that screamed to mind when I saw this thread was the one-handed mode, but I thought I might be too much of a newb to bust out with the perv-factor.

Now that the can is open:

Huh huh huh.. I heard that this game has a "one-handed mode".:eyebrow:

Idly clicked on the EG review, read it, instantly converted into a fanboi. Looking forwaed to the release. I think what made me most excited was the parallel drawn between this and batman fighting, except there was lots of combo choice.

Yeah I'm going to play it on easy like I did with Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, I play games mostly for the story and rpg experience.

The combat in this game is pretty solid and I can see why people would enjoy it, but the whole thing seems like a satire of what video games look like to people who don't play video games.

I will probably get it, particularly as the reviews seems excellent, the demo was fun, but the controls were a bit off, mostly the button mapping. Oh and Ninja Gaiden is far cooler.

the whole thing seems like a satire of what video games look like to people who don't play video games.

Thats interesting, the game certainly is filled with satire but I get the feeling that wasn't what you meant...

So I finally got around to downloading the demo yesterday, and while it may not have been to Last-Remnant-demo levels, the bafflement was intense. I will say, however, that I enjoyed the combat system. I don't have the patience or memory to learn a bunch of combos in order to play a game (which is why I normally don't enjoy games like this), but there are so many combos that randomly tapping buttons in rhythm almost guarantees that you will pull off all sorts of combat moves.

best ass in video games. period.

Clearly you have not played Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Well some people broke the street date here in Montreal and I obliged by picking up a copy (is that wrong of me? I'm not sure).

So far the game is pretty special, I agree about the button mapping I still can't get my head around the Y and B being the main attacks but otherwise this game is a joy to play and extremely forgiving. It does something which I'm increasingly starting to believe is a Japanese thing whereby you can progress through the game comfortably by just mashing your way through, with little consideration for health and tactics but to unlock more of the really cool stuff you have to be pretty damn good (cool stuff being extra content not story related at all).

As for the story... It is a big pile of I don't know what, but the voice acting in both Japanese and English is suitably kitsch. Much to my delight they have a guy who sounds just like Joe Pesci-come-Lethal-Weapon-performance and it instantly reminded me of the idle thumbs Resident Evil special.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed are the forced platforming sections and the quick time events that seem to crop up at the most inconvenient times. Also, the camera control needs a lot of tweaking, the defaults are all messed up and way too slow.

I'm at chapter V on normal so far and it really is rather special. I'm glad that I'm getting some quality time with it now before the other January releases so as to not get swamped.

I just finished the game.

I don't want to say anything other than, even if you hated DMC or NG, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

it does SO MUCH right, it's absolutely absurd. I don't want to spoil it, just go buy this game and enjoy it, I don't think there's been a game more deserving of my $99AU in quite some time.

It's hard to say because it's so early, but this might make my favourite games of all time list in the future. It's certainty one of the highlights of this current generation.

Sounds like a great game and I generally love character action games (Or whatever the DMC/NG/GOW genre is called), but I just can't stomach the game's juvenile attempts at titillation. I have nothing against strippers, but everything about the character of Bayonetta grates me way too much.

I think its cool that several of Kamiya's games have very peculiar wrappers around their (Generally) excellent gameplay - It's usually polarizing stuff, but I'd rather have that over generic designed by committee games even if it sometimes keeps me from enjoying a game.

I was expecting the same before I played Bayonetta, but now the titillation just seems non-existent to me. Bayonetta the character seems playful and strangely aloof in the game. Sure she struts around wiggling her bottom but you never really feel like she is an object of lust and that really her displays are her way of toying with the other characters' sexualised image of her in the game.

The game itself I found anything but sexualised (unless you count the action combo pron that is the movelist) from the music to the fighting moves it all just feels like a playful wink to me than any kind of Hentai related join-grumping. All references to sex or being sexy feel very tongue-in-cheek.

In fact I am much relieved that they seem to have taken that approach or else I might have found myself very uncomfortable while playing it.

I was personally also concerned that I'd be annoyed by the hypersexuality but in the context of the game it's absolutely fine. Everything in Bayonetta is over the top and totally absurd and at no point does the game take itself seriously. The game made me laugh out loud many times, and it's all in an awesome ridiculous spirit.

So even though I'm repulsed by the visual aesthetic of this title (I hate that woman with her absurd boobs), I should give it a shot?

Seems to be the consensus. I too am concerned, but much more interested in the game given the brilliant reception it's had. Luckily, I have so many damn games on my plate right now after all the recent ridiculous sales that I can afford to wait until the price drops a bit. I still refuse to pay $70 for a game. It's the principle of it, dammit.

The game is good, but seems unfairly hard sometimes. It just took me 4 goes to beat the two "minibosses" at the start of level 5. Goddamnit.

Everything in Bayonetta is over the top and totally absurd and at no point does the game take itself seriously. The game made me laugh out loud many times, and it's all in an awesome ridiculous spirit.

Excellent. I was hoping some of that God Hand flavor would carry over. Sold.

I wont spoil anything here but..

Whoever made the 14th level is probably my favourite human of all time. However, my fingers are now broken!:tmeh: