JonCole

Black Friday Deals

Aw man come on. At least one of those working stiffs was a security guy who got trampled when he opened the door, through no fault of his own.

I was referring simply to the people who were doing the trampling. That security guard was just damn unlucky, and I was in no way referring to him. Poor guy.

The first day Steam Autumn Sale deals don't excite me that much, I already own the games that are interesting.

I bought the Oddbox, cause I wanted to try Stranger's Wrath again. Also, Munch's Odyssey which I've never played.

I remember Munch's Oddyssey being rather shit when I first played it on the Xbox. Respawning without penalties killed the feeling of vulnerability from the first games, and led to some tedious game sessions where I just had Abe slap an entire slig army to death over the course of several lives. And I wasn't a fan of limiting your possession ability through collecting green spores instead of situationally through finding a hiding spot that wasn't in view of enemies or those zapping drones. :fart:

L.A. Noire is 50% off, was it really good or did people just like the facial animation and got bored of it when the hype died down?

I can't help to notice how many "awesome" games are "terrible" when the hype wears off.:blink:

I can't help to notice how many "awesome" games are "terrible" when the hype wears off.:blink:

Such as?

L.A. Noire actually isn't a bad example of that. I played to about halfway through the second "desk" and got really bored and frustrated with the game. Won't be buying another game because of release hype for a while because of that one (I hope, anyway).

Well, Heavy Rain and Dragon Age 2 are the first to come to mind, at first everybody seemed to love them but after time goes by, they say they kinda suck.

I guess that happens to many games, but to some games more than others.

Digital Distribution Assholes! Take my money, you Steam bastards!

Bought L.A. Noire, Secret of the Island of Monkies II : Revenge of a Fellow Named LeChuck, Ctulhu Saves the World, The Binding of Isaac

Thought about Two Worlds II and Fallout New Vegas, but I haven't even found time to play Two Worlds I and the Fallout 3 expansions...

There's also a new Prince of Persia game (Forgotten Sands)... When did that come out? Any good?

L.A. Noire is 50% off, was it really good or did people just like the facial animation and got bored of it when the hype died down?

From what I understand it's considered a bad port of a now relatively old game. I've heard stuff about it being locked at 30FPS, unable to up the resolution because of the motion-capture technology, something about cut-scenes not scaling to your monitor. I don't know how accurate all that is, as I played it on the PS3 where I thought it was an okay game, but like Miffy I also eventually got bored with it!

Well, Heavy Rain and Dragon Age 2 are the first to come to mind, at first everybody seemed to love them but after time goes by, they say they kinda suck.
You must not have been paying attention because people were calling Heavy Rain shit even before it was released. I seem to remember the same thing with Dragon Age 2, but in that case I just assumed people were being hyper-critical the way they were with Mass Effect 2. Should probably play more than a couple hours of the game to decide where I stand on that... think it was crashing, or freezing on dialogue the last time I tried.

I just realized something horrible -- I have more money to spend on games this quarter than I thought. Since my recent apartment purchase my expenses have Risen and I was trying to spend less on games, but I didn't consider that I buy games digitally through a different account and I transfered some money there a while back and there's still plenty left.

Uuh... I just hope I don't end up filling my backlog for no good reason other than "it was cheap on Steam". But I might now consider getting Batman and Assassass Creed: The New One in December.

Don't forget that you are unable to the spend money on the games you want ;)

There's also a new Prince of Persia game (Forgotten Sands)... When did that come out? Any good?

I remember it being better than the other current gen PoP, and a bit more like the older ones? I think it even took place in the Sands of Time series as I remember using the Sands of Time to stop water and climb it.:erm:

Forgotten Sands was a really fun weekend. It feels like they tried to make an ACTUAL sequel to Sands of Time, and were more successful in that than I'd have expected them to be. I don't know what the price of it is right now, but it's certainly worth a look.

It's still a ubisoft game. And ubisoft hates PC gamers because 95% of them are parrot carrying pirates.

Yea, no kidding. Bunch of whiners. Waaaaaa, piracy, waaaaaa.

Yep. As I feared, now the hype has died down we have a game that should have a Metacritic score of about 65%. It's seriously flawed. Looking through MC it's sad to see that no major reviewing site gave it an appropriate score... Where's Amiga Power when you need it?

Yep. As I feared, now the hype has died down we have a game that should have a Metacritic score of about 65%. It's seriously flawed. Looking through MC it's sad to see that no major reviewing site gave it an appropriate score... Where's Amiga Power when you need it?

Was Amiga Power brutally honest? Still, seems how the main complaints about the game is that it gets boring, that's enough for me.

I can play "terrible" games, but I won't play a mediocre boring one!:tdown:

LA Noire was the disappointment of the year, and one of the only games ever I immediately sold after having finished it. I couldn't bear owning it anymore.

A friend of mine almost couldn't bear living anymore after having finished the game. It is really that bad!

LA Noire was the disappointment of the year, and one of the only games ever I immediately sold after having finished it. I couldn't bear owning it anymore.

LA Noire earned the distinction of being the only game I've ever traded in. And I wasn't even bothered to finish the game.

Where's Amiga Power when you need it?

You know the answer to this one already: reviewing iThing games (Stu), making comics (C-Monster), training for a marathon (Reader Mil) and tapping out Perl while blind on bathtub gin (J Nash).

The others are probably also doing something.