JonCole

Black Friday Deals

Both Max Payne games for $3.74? Shit, yeah! At that price, it's worth buying them again just for the convenience of never having to dig up the game discs any more.

Quite enjoyed Max Payne 1... although never played 2. Any good?

Quite enjoyed Max Payne 1... although never played 2. Any good?

YES. You are doing yourself a disservice by not playing it, especially at that price.

I then went it in and got the Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. I played the original back in the day, but this is with the new chapter so I'm thinking it will be fun to go back to this game again. Price was 6,97€

Also got Osmos and SW: Kotor for total price of 6,28€.

I got myself some games for the january marathon, heheh.

Both Max Payne games would be instantly bought, but I have both games already as boxed games so I don't need to buy those again.

Both Max Payne games would be instantly bought, but I have both games already as boxed games so I don't need to buy those again.

Me too, but for 4 bucks, I never have to worry about finding those discs.

Also, for anyone trying to play Max Payne 1 on Vista/Win7, there's a problem with the sound being choppy/absent. I found a fix here that's working great for me so far. It's basically just a problem with the file format the sounds are in not being recognized by the newer OS. The fix does a quick conversion, and everything should work.

Me too, but for 4 bucks, I never have to worry about finding those discs.

Also, for anyone trying to play Max Payne 1 on Vista/Win7, there's a problem with the sound being choppy/absent. I found a fix here that's working great for me so far. It's basically just a problem with the file format the sounds are in not being recognized by the newer OS. The fix does a quick conversion, and everything should work.

Also, vista compatibility mode for XP SP2 does the trick!

Trivial Pursuit for the iTouch/iPhone is free on iTunes in the UK (and possibly other regions as well) right now... and apparently some other freebies to come each day. Just noticed it whilst charging me iPod. Dunno if it's any good, since I don't have either an iTouch or iPhone, but it's free so might as well download it.

Okay it's not game related this time, but as some of the freebies so far have been a music video by JLC and a live performance by Robbie Williams I'm not creating a sepearate thread for it. It'll just have to go here.

The latest freebie is the full film 'Lesbian Vampire Killers' starring the fat guy (James Corden) and the Joaquin Phoenix-alike (Mathew Horne), and it doesn't look that bad really. Especially when it's absolutely free.

Go here; http://www.itunes12daysofchristmas.co.uk/

Also, vista compatibility mode for XP SP2 does the trick!

Didn't work for me. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

I bought Half-Life: Source for 2,49€ yesterday.

Never really tried the Source version so I guess now would be the time.

How does Trials 2: Second Edition compare to Trials HD? Are the games significantly different? Is Trials 2 any good? It's only 2,49€ on Steam.

I bought Half-Life: Source for 2,49€ yesterday.

Never really tried the Source version so I guess now would be the time.

I hear it's the same thing. The true Source version would be Black Mesa, but that's never coming out.

I hear it's the same thing. The true Source version would be Black Mesa, but that's never coming out.

Yeah, there's really not much difference. It uses all the same models and textures. The only differences are the Source particle system, and the physics. I think enemies ragdoll, and the grenade launcher firing arc is more "realistic," which makes it feel weird at first.

Obulis is quite good, and on sale for $2. I bought it without knowing anything other than "it's a physics-based puzzle game," and it's been really fun so far.

How does Trials 2: Second Edition compare to Trials HD? Are the games significantly different? Is Trials 2 any good? It's only 2,49€ on Steam.

It's almost identical.

Also: The Original Space Asshole is only £3.25GBP!

And, as someone has already pointed out, every episode of Sam & Max (that's Season 1 AND 2) for only £8.25GBP! A massive steal for anyone who doesn't already own them.

Yeah, there's really not much difference. It uses all the same models and textures. The only differences are the Source particle system, and the physics. I think enemies ragdoll, and the grenade launcher firing arc is more "realistic," which makes it feel weird at first.

Well that's a shame. Kind of waste of 2,50 euros then, but what the hell it was only 2,50 euros.

Got Trine. Too bad I couldn't get into the 4 pack deal for Borderlands, but it doesn't matter. At least it saved me some money.

Defense grid for 2.25? Bioshock for 5? Man I'd like to write [pretty eyes] here, but I'd look like ***** since one prety nice person gifted me Torchlight already(which I'd be playing right now not to be mistaken if there wouldn't be so much work for school).....[pretty eyes]

Edited by Sleepdance

Could one of you nice people buy 'Stalker' for me (and a friend)? You get the money back via paypal, it's just the buying I (we) have problems with, as stupid Steam has problems with me being in Japan, while my account (paypal or steam, I don't know) is registered elsewhere. I didn't bother writing them an email, and did my Christmas shopping with the help of a german friend, but now Stalker isn't on the german Steam, so...

(details via pm)

Thanks

I had the same problem when I was in Brazil, since Steam detects the country you're in by IP and won't let you buy with a card from another country. Fortunately, I just snagged my mother's CC and bought to my heart's content.

Anyhow, if you really need it I can help you... or you can try to make another Paypal account with a Japanese address, transfer money from your original account to that one and buy with the second one (and I'm not sure it would work, but makes sense to me).

With the exception of Batman all those Eidos games are above retail price. Mini ninjas is a nice game (for 20 euros max), or at least I had fun with it. Just cause is a great game, lots of fun.

So, 45 euros for those 3 games is a good deal.