JonCole

Black Friday Deals

The games that interest and that I can actually run on my PC are:

-Zombie Shooter 2

-The Void

-POP: Two Thrones, it's only only of the previous sage I don't own... is it worth it?

-Gothic 3: I have Gothic 2 unplayed... and Risen is on it's way... I don't like buying a game that's part of the saga when I don't know if I like the series... :|

I would get Princess Bounty, but I'm sure the price will drop again before I even finish King's Bounty... :shifty:

I'm thinking about getting Machinarium, Samorost2 and Ben There, Done That. Sadly, there aren't any other games I'd been particularly holding out for.

And because I'm a fan of them, I might just give a plug to Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus for $2.50. In case you're interested, Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath are both coming to Steam in the new year.

EDIT: Lucasarts Adventure Pack for only $2.50. I don't even want anything other than Loom, but that game on its own is the same price!

Ha ha! I'm glad I'm waited for Princess Bounty to drop! It's only 10€ now! :woohoo:

EDIT: Wait.... If I can run King's Bounty find I should worry about this one right? :hmph:

Nabbed Red Faction: Guerilla and King's Bounty: Armored Princess at $10 each. Too bad RE5 is only 50% off, $25 is too rich for my blood.

Great deals today:

Star Wars Premier Pack (Battlefront 2, Galaxies, Jedi Knight 1/2, Republic Commando, Starfighter, Dark Forces 1/2, Mysteries of the Sith) - $25

Dragon Age Origins - 25% off on both versions (Deluxe $49, Standard $38)

Lumines - $3

Torchlight - $5

Universe at War - $5

Prototype - $20

Edited by JonCole

Prey is kinda meh. The most exciting thing is that they licensed a couple real songs for a jukebox at the beginning....that's pretty bad if that's the most interesting thing. They made a big deal about the portals in the game, but then you know Portal came out shortly after and kinda ate that feature whole. But for 2 dollars who the hell cares. :P

On the other hand I bought Space Asshole when it was 9 bucks and it really lives up to the song. Even the npcs are space assholes. A rebel ran me over with a truck, jumped out, cocked her rifle, and said "I've got your back mason." I'd prefer she didn't.

Prey is ridiculously cheap, is it good or it at least schlocktacularly bad? :B

For that price, I would buy 3 copies of Prey. Although the portal stuff was never really used as a puzzle element, there were a few clever surprises. The game does make a great use of surface-specific gravity, and there are plenty of cool moments made with it.

Trivial Pursuit for the iTouch/iPhone is free on iTunes in the UK (and possibly other regions as well) right now... and apparently some other freebies to come each day. Just noticed it whilst charging me iPod. Dunno if it's any good, since I don't have either an iTouch or iPhone, but it's free so might as well download it.

Prey isn't a great game, but I'd say it's pretty good. The "Native American cultural elements" get hokey as hell, though, which made me have to stop playing before too long. I just can't deal with that shit.

What the... How on Earth can a Steam game be SOLD OUT?! :eek:

I guess I won't be getting Prey after all! :hah:

Has this ever happened before?

I can't remember which games, but I've heard of it a couple times. It happens because the licenses for a lot of non-Valve games are still CD-key-based, and keys are given in batches. Once the current run of keys is used up, it's "sold out" until they can get more. I guess 2K didn't expect Prey to be quite so popular.

Prey isn't a great game, but I'd say it's pretty good. The "Native American cultural elements" get hokey as hell, though, which made me have to stop playing before too long. I just can't deal with that shit.

That was the only interesting aspect of the game, if you ask me. Sadly it turned pretty cheesy after the awesome opening sequence and then became just an average shooter. (Certainly not a terrible game, though.)

All the good parts of Prey are already in the Demo. After that it's just the same stuff. I guess they ran out of ideas for portal and gravity tricks.

There is still some variation in the game levels. So it's not like Doom 3 where it's just another dark corner after corner.

Stormrise for 4.99!?! That's a must buy for anyone who loves games worse than crap....I guess I'll just play my lovely Torchlight.

Nothing really jumping out at me too much today... Jade Empire is tempting, from the "I've had the Xbox version of the game sitting on my shelf for years and somehow still haven't played it, maybe I should get it for PC where the graphics are bound to be more approachable" perspective. And Tales of Valor is also on the shortlist.

The guy's name is Tommy Hawk. It was cheesy and insulting from the outset.

Must have missed that! Still, aside from that, the opening was very unique and original... then I bought the game and it became :tmeh:

Edit: His name was NOT Tommy Hawk, you liar! It was Domasi "Tommy" Tawodi. What game were you playing?

Prey from 1998 I think. :P I never played it apart from the demo, but I read stuff about the development.

EDIT:

Oh, looks like I was just confused. He was never called Tommy Hawk. He used to be called Talon Brave.

I could've bought Prey when I woke up yesterday, but didn't. It was quite a surprise to see it sold out, but I guess for about 2 euros everything goes.

It was a fun ride when I played it around the time it came out, but the game was really mediocre after the quite good beginning. The jukebox and everything was really nice and got me in the right mood.

Both Max Payne games for $3.74? Shit, yeah! At that price, it's worth buying them again just for the convenience of never having to dig up the game discs any more.