JonCole

Black Friday Deals

I don't I will get Batman: AA, it's running kinda slow on the medium setting, so I'll just wait for the console price to drop and then choose whether to get 360 or PS3 version....

Then again, I could start saving for a new graphic card? The "Can you run it?" site says I can also run Dragon Age: Origins, but if it's mean I have to run it so low it looks like an early PS2 game I'm going to pass...

But I'm so getting Osmos, it looks anything else that could interest me I've already gotten from other sales or they were dirt cheap to begin with...

In case $10 wasn't cheap enough for you in the case of Far Cry 2, why not try $5 (on Amazon with free shipping on orders of $25 or more)?

In case $10 wasn't cheap enough for you in the case of Far Cry 2, why not try $5 (on Amazon with free shipping on orders of $25 or more)?

:eek: Holy crap! Take that, Steam! Now if only I could find a way to get it shipped cheap from the US... Hmmm!

Edit: $35 for shipping?! Pfft. Whatever, Amazon.

You can pick up the "Complete Edition" for £9.99 from Amazon.co.uk, too. (Anyone know what the extra stuff is like?)

Edit: Apparently it's just 3 extra weapons and some multiplayer maps.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

You can pick up the "Complete Edition" for £9.99 from Amazon.co.uk, too. (Anyone know what the extra stuff is like?)

It's just three extra weapons and some multiplayer maps.

Bought so far:

Osmos 2.00

Tales of Vesperia 14.98

Xbox Live card 28.86

Forza 3 34.99

Halo 3: ODST 29.99

Thank you Amazon, Steam and eBay :D

Knights of the Old Republic for £1.74 on STEAM, and for those that don't have Left 4 Dead 2 yet it's at £22.49

Today's Steam Deals:

Dead Space - $15

Madballs in Babo: Invasion - $2

Cities XL: Limited Edition - $25

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $2.50

Left 4 Dead 2 - $37.50 (Overpriced, Gamestop.com has it for $30 [Free shipping with code SAVER])

Mini Ninjas - $15

Majesty 2 - $10

Bought so far (personally):

Dragon Age (Steam, $37)

Osmos (Steam, $2)

PS3 Bundle w/ Infamous, Killzone 2, $10 Amazon Credit (now sold out, apparently, $300)

Rosewill Wireless-N USB 2.0 Networking Adapter (Newegg, $10)

iPod Touch 32gb (Apple Store, $286 post-taxes)

So far, a fairly fruitful Black Friday. The Steam deals for today are decent, but not nearly as good as first day sales. Dead Space is the only tempting pick, but I already have it for 360 and after that ~$600 hit I'd rather not go for it.

I'm trying to find a great deal on a PSP. Please let me know if you see one. All the games for it mock me every time I go on PSN.

If anyone is interested in buying L4D2, there's a 4-pack promotion going on which brings the price to ~28 bucks... I'd be tempted if 3 others are also waiting for the right price (and since I missed the Gamestop and Amazon deals).

On a nerdier note, I also snagged an Intel X25-M 80Gb SSD... which will be a sweet addition to my gaming desktop :D

On a nerdier note, I also snagged an Intel X25-M 80Gb SSD... which will be a sweet addition to my gaming desktop :D

Man, was I tempted on that one... but I'm not nearly that much of an impulse buyer. My HDD/Video card upgrade a month or two ago was good enough for me.

Knights of the Old Republic for £1.74 on STEAM

Wow. Is KOTOR some super special version that works perfectly with modern systems? (Or does mine just crash because I patched it to run at a higher res? :-/ I forget)

Dead Space is the only tempting pick,

I dunno. Majesty 2 looked really cool a couple of months back when it was released. For $10, I got it.

I dunno. Majesty 2 looked really cool a couple of months back when it was released. For $10, I got it.

Have you got a chance to play it? I was actually looking at that for a little bit earlier.

Have you got a chance to play it? I was actually looking at that for a little bit earlier.

There is a demo of it, if that could convince.

I have not unfortunately. I doubt that my opinion would be worth much, as in general I completely suck at strategy games. Still, I figured it would be $10 of fun, and the concept was intriguing enough for me to want to go for it, regardless of how frustrated I'll inevitably be when the tutorial starts kicking my ass.

I'm going to see how well the Mini Ninja Demo runs before getting it, but I'm surprised the console version has yet to drop in price!:erm:

I'll probably get Dead Space... is the PC version controlled with the mouse and keyboard?

Majesty 2 is tempting me too, but I also suck at strategy games... the only strategy game I've beaten without cheating is Robocalypse.... Does Darwinia count? I'll probably try the demo too... :erm:

EDIT: OK.... I no longer trust the "Can You Run It?" site.... it says I meet the requirements easily, yet Steam says I can't even play it....

Also... The Mini Ninjas won't work with my gamepad, so... Nothing for me today!

I guess I should start saving for a new graphic card after all! XD

Edited by Tanukitsune

I'll probably get Dead Space... is the PC version controlled with the mouse and keyboard?

Yeah, and I find it controls rather well. However, you need to disable V-Sync. If you don't, the entire control scheme turns sluggish as -- something huuuuge. Sadly, it was never patched.

Great game, though.

If anyone is interested in buying L4D2, there's a 4-pack promotion going on which brings the price to ~28 bucks... I'd be tempted if 3 others are also waiting for the right price (and since I missed the Gamestop and Amazon deals).

I could get two of the L4D2 pack, but I guess there's only an hour left?

If some American feels like buying that four pack within the next 20 minutes, I'll pay for two of them!

I'm trying to find a great deal on a PSP. Please let me know if you see one. All the games for it mock me every time I go on PSN.

I just thought of this now, but Bing is running 20% cashback on Dell.com, which would bring a PSP 3000 to $135 if the promotion applies. I've never used Bing Cashback, but I've heard good things about it at CAG.

How to use Bing Cashback -

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx?FORM=R5FD2

Is it me or is Steam "dead" from overload? It looks like everybody was there at the same time and... BOOM! :mock:

Hopefully it will be back soon!

Is it me or is Steam "dead" from overload? It looks like everybody was there at the same time and... BOOM! :mock:

Hopefully it will be back soon!

Yeah it is from here.