Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Lobster

Video game dreams

In the absence of the podcast, I absolutely had to share this dream with others. I'm not sure if a thread of these exists, but I couldn't find one, so here we go.

I dreamed last night that I was listening to the podcast, which was still in full swing. As part of their general stream of consciousness, those guys (even Jake (!)) mentioned having played a sequel to Dante's Inferno, which was reported to be super awesome and heartily endorsed.

Apparently, this game was a Cooking Mama-ish/general homemaker game starring Dante's mom.... :clap:

Unfortunately, either my brain didn't feel creative enough to elaborate on the details or I have forgotten them, but I'm content enough with the concept.

Ma Alighieri's Biscuit Maker, anyone?

Good timing, man. I just had the weirdest dream in a long time. It's not entirely game based, so I hope that is not cheating.

It started out as a LAN at my place. We were gonna play Left 4 Dead 2, but for some reason that meant that 4 of the people at my place were the actual characters of L4D2. I was looking at the screen and my friend was like "Have you unlocked anything yet?" and I reply "Unlocked what?" and he gestures to my screen where I apparently did not notice the gigantic bar that said "UNLOCKABLES". There were a variety of things there, like unlockable skins, but also an unlockable Sloth (with funky colours) that would turn friendly fire into buffs, like speed and damage boosts. Also, a critter of which you could change the parts like in Spore; no idea what that was for.

I chose, however, to use my points to unlock Bill. I unlock Bill and I'm not at all surprised as he appears in my room. His appearance had somewhat changed "Bill, why did you shave off your mustache?" I asked to a cleanly dressed and shaven Bill. That was weird, but the truly weird bits came later. I'll condense that, since it's not game related:

There was some sort of event going on that had all kinds of TV show people walking outside. The A-Team was outside my door, I opened the door and let BA use my bathroom. Hugh Laurie came inside too to say hi. I walked on the street and saw two versions of He-Man, standing on top of this building, the other standing on the street and I yelled "Don't worry guys, you'll soon have the power again!" Then I saw the new A-Team and the old A-Team walking on the street and I wanted to impress them with how fast I could run, but the wind was blowing really hard and all I could manage was slow motion, but there was Steven Seagal, making gestures to passerby's. I run to him in slowmotion pretending to be a bad guy with a gun. We both do the slow motion thing and he "shoots" me. I let myself fall in slowmotion thinking "Man, I'm awesome" then it's all black as I have my eyes closed and I hear Steven Seagal saying "You gave everyone quite a scare, that looked really real". I was really impressed by myself.

Sorry that that was so long, but a loooot happened. I really did condense the latter non-game bit. :P

I've had L4D based dreams, but I can't remember them clearly enough to relate.

Not video games related, but I recently had a very odd dream where I was Arthur Dent. On board the Heart of Gold. Where I was viciously attacked by a small delusional cleaning robot (which thought it was a goblin or a rabid hobbit or something).

Mind you, I only guessed that it was a cleaning robot since I found it in the cupboard under the stairs. The Heart of Gold had no stairs of course, but the annoying talking door told me that it was the door to the cupboard under the stairs and I had to take it at its word.

The crazy robot trying to chew at my neck was more irritating than scary, but it still woke me up, to find myself in a strange state that part alarm and part peevishness. Stupid robot.

I had an awefuly long dream tonight and it was about… drop7.

Just *Pop* *pop* man, why am I even dreaming about this when I could be fighting fucking monsters and saving the wor… *pop* *pop* *zwiiiing*

more of a nightmare of sorts…

Apparently, this game was a Cooking Mama-ish/general homemaker game starring Dante's mom.... :clap:

Unfortunately, either my brain didn't feel creative enough to elaborate on the details or I have forgotten them, but I'm content enough with the concept.

Ma Alighieri's Biscuit Maker, anyone?

Jake Rodkin is infiltrating your mind while you sleep

Had a bunch of dreams last night, but there was a very short one thrown in the middle of the rest of them which was pretty much just me standing in an empty room, and then a Tank from L4D2 crashed through the wall in front of me but didn't attack me. It looked like it was 'targeting' someone else, but there was nobody else in the room. And then my dream switched to something non-video game related.

I suppose this is the result of playing entirely too much L4D2. But I can't stop.

So, I've been listening to the Idle Thumbs archive and yesterday I burned through about four episodes while hunting down treasure chests and doing sidequests in Assassin's Creed 2. With Idle Thumbs infused in my brain, I went to sleep.

My dream was set in the present day, post Idle Thumbs podcast. In a meta-dream, I had a dream about Far Cry 2 which I woke up from in my real dream. As soon as I woke up, I raced to my computer to send the dreamcast only to realize after I hit the "send" button that the Idle Thumbs podcast was over.

That day (in my dream), I played some more Assassin's Creed 2 while listening to the Idle Thumbs backlog and out of nowhere, the guys started reading my dreamcast. I audibly asked myself, "What the fuck?"

After Chris finished reading my dream-dreamcast, he said, "and that was from our friend Jon Cole who traveled through a time warp to deliver this message to us." Out of nowhere, a portal appeared in my living room (resembling a portal from Portal, the Valve game) and through it I saw the Idle Thumbs guys encouraging me to step through to be a special guest on the next dream-past podcast. As I stepped through, my vision turned to white and I woke up.

I think I miss the Idle Thumbs podcast. ;(

I dreamt that I was back in school and that on Friday and that there would be a special sale, presented by Angelina Jolie. Dragon Age: Origins for €1,04.

I was feeling kind of disappointed when I woke up.