toblix

Assassin's Creed II

I love how each city has its own very distinctive feel and character. Florence with its sprawling low buildings, Venice with the tall buildings constantly punctuated by the canals, Firenze with the really cramped uphill buildings. Forli was the one that felt the least unique to me since it was just kind of a mixture of the other cities.

That's not really down to Ubisoft though, that's more a result of the actual cities being that way :)

It was pretty cool running around the locations recognising places I've been (only newer).

Florence with its sprawling low buildings, Venice with the tall buildings constantly punctuated by the canals, Firenze with the really cramped uphill buildings.

Pssst... "Firenze" is how Italians say "Florence." They're the same place...

it was like he looked at me, realized I was not going to give up, and maybe he just let go.

-IGN.com

it was like he looked at me, realized I was not going to give up, and maybe he just let go.

-IGN.com

-idlethumbs.net/forums/newreply.php

Sorry, I'm pretty sure I haven't done that before. It just seemed too perfect a quote to pass up.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure I haven't done that before. It just seemed too perfect a quote to pass up.

I was being all emotional about a special game moment, and you just pissed all over it. Did you learn that in your ethics class, Miffy495?

6a00e54f11b8be88340115703d5194970c-800wi

Look how disappointed he is.

I was just reminded of something I had forgotten. A couple of times while playing I got something that looked like a cheap achievement notification, saying "action performed" or something. I kept expecting it to tie into the story later, but it never did. Anyone have these, and know what they were about? I would assume making "fake" achievement pop-ups were against regulations.

I was just reminded of something I had forgotten. A couple of times while playing I got something that looked like a cheap achievement notification, saying "action performed" or something. I kept expecting it to tie into the story later, but it never did. Anyone have these, and know what they were about? I would assume making "fake" achievement pop-ups were against regulations.

It's for the ubisoft equivalent, I think. You get points which you can redeem towards in game bonuses.

It's for the ubisoft equivalent, I think. You get points which you can redeem towards in game bonuses.

Yeah, you can use your "U" points or whatever to buy a higher throwing knife capacity and the original Altair robes (both of which don't really add much IMO) and you can also unlock the "Auditore Family Crypt" which is kinda like one extra Assassin's Tomb with an extra dish of family history. That's worth going through I thought.

I think it's pretty dumb that you have to buy the DLC to get to 100% completion in the stats screen, but still have to say that this game was a great experience for me. Had lots of fun playing through it.

Oh, so there's a whole part of the game I never discovered? I never even heard of these... "U" points.

yeah, good for another 15-20 minutes or so. pull those levers!

I finally got this game (and a PS3!). I'm enjoying it so far, more than I thought I would.

Just finished it, and watched some making-of bits and a stupid prequel movie that game with the version of the game I bought.

I have some very conflicting opinions about this game. But I don't feel like detailing them right now, maybe after I've played Brotherhood as well. In short: it's definitely a pretty damn good game, is enjoyable and improves on the first one quite a bit. On the other hand, I got bored of the gameplay about mid-game, at which point I stopped doing most of the side missions. My favourite bit from the game was searching for all the statues around the Montewhatever villa.

Only really bad point for me : the monetary system is sooooo off balance…*When I entered Venice I just bought everything, by the end of the game I had close to a million ƒ…

Also, look up the tombs, the altaïr outfit is the awesomest of them all.

Yeah, I did them all but to be honest I didn't like the prince of persia style tomb sequences. It's like they took me out of the main game. I just started Brotherhood and the similar sequences there are better, though, at least the two I've run across so far.

Holy crap, you went straight from AC2 to Brotherhood? That's some hardcore shit, man.

Only really bad point for me : the monetary system is sooooo off balance…*When I entered Venice I just bought everything, by the end of the game I had close to a million ƒ…

Not only is the armor from the tombs the best, but the platforming puzzles inside the crypts are a really nice change of pace from the normal game mechanics

This weekend i started going through my steam back catalogue (spurred on by the forum post about games you own but dont play) and started Ass Creed 2. I tried to play it a couple of months back, but a bug an hour in that wouldnt let me progress lead to its quick dissapearence off my hard drive.

So this weekend I downlaoded it through steam and everything was fine, it gave me a activation code, and then the 'Ubi-play' DRM came on. It went downhill from there. Punched in the activation code and it said it was already tied to a different account. But I did play it a couple of months ago on the same account, and now i cant get past this screen to continue.

I had really bad internet rage for a while, Why should people who pay for the product get the shitty end? I know im late to the party on this, but its the first time it has effected me.

Anyway i have no problem pirating it now, i payed for it. I should be able to play it.

Will post up my impressions as i go on, as i completed the original should be good to compare them.

My girlfriend gave Ass Creed 2 a try recently after I'd been telling her for months how good it is. Then one of the first fucking missions where you race your brother to the top of the church completely bugs out and she's left racing nobody because the brother is just stood at the starting position doing nothing. After she spent some frustrating time trying to figure out why she couldn't end the mission and then had to restart from a checkpoint it'd completely taken the flow and wonder out of the new game experience and she never touched it again. ;(

Also the DRM stuff sounds ridiculous. PC DRM maddens me in general, but we all know the 'only the legitimate buyer suffers' thing so yeah.

I find it amusing that the Ubisoft DRM is now so bad that it not only does not prevent piracy, it is in fact leading to more pirated copies of the game in the world as legitimate customers attempt to be able to play the game they bought. I know it's not strictly the same as creating "more piracy" since you have actually bought the game, but it does still seem like a kind of negative number rollover event in terms of DRM effectiveness.

It happened to me when returning to Far Cry 2 last year, becasuse it was so long since it was released the servers to verify copys had gone down. I had to just find a patch that removes the DRM as it wouldnt let me play, even though i have the 'special' edition. Thats customer service right there.

i didnt find it that bad, i just liked running around the city killing dudes, which eventaly lead to the completion of it haha

It's a decent game with great but poorly executed ideas whose final hour lead to my actually hating a game. Something I have never done before, but I hate a game now. That game is Assassin's Creed.