toblix

Assassin's Creed II

So, this is out (or will be soon). Any expectations? I wasn't really looking forward to it, but now I'm hearing they've basically just improved on every flaw of the first one. I was always going to buy it, but now I'm that much more excited to!

So, this is out (or will be soon). Any expectations? I wasn't really looking forward to it, but now I'm hearing they've basically just improved on every flaw of the first one. I was always going to buy it, but now I'm that much more excited to!

I don't know... I liked the first one, despite the sheer awfulness of the last thirty minutes or so of the game! It couldn't wipe out all the free-running type fun. Thing is, I'm not really sure I WANT more Assassin's Creed. It was fun the first time, but that's it for me. For now at least!

I did not play the first one, but I'm a bit interested in AC2.

The problem is that i will obtain the two other games of this week. So this title simply has to settle for the short end of the stick. I'm thinking i will probably obtain it during the summer.

Yeah, this will probably be a delayed purchase for me. I'm interested, but don't really have time or money for it right now. I got the preorder and bundle discount of L4D2, NSMBWii is non-negotiable. AC2 has to wait. Still, looks fun and I really liked the first one.

The fact they were apparently leaning on reviewers again leads me to believe it's not going to be that good.

Heck, I'm not going to trust the reviews either which way now

Yeah, this will probably be a delayed purchase for me. I'm interested, but don't really have time or money for it right now. I got the preorder and bundle discount of L4D2, NSMBWii is non-negotiable. AC2 has to wait. Still, looks fun and I really liked the first one.
Kind of the same situation for me. I definitely want it, but don't have time with all the games I already have on my plate, plus getting more busy with school. Will probably pick it up once I finish the semester or maybe early next year.

I liked the first game a lot though. I know the big complaint against it was that it was too repetitive, but I didn't really care because I just thought the overall gameplay was so fun. Since there seem to be a lot of improvements in this one, I am certain I'll enjoy it.

I don't get how you people can pace yourselves and delay getting games like that. I just buy everything when it comes out and then stop playing mid-way through everything.

I've just played through the first few hours and it seems to have a lot of potential. More mission variety, a thicker storyline, and overall better polish. I loved the first one despite its glaring imperfections, so I can't see why I won't love this one.

However, the entire time I was playing, Dragon Age was calling me with its siren song so I'll probably be splitting my play time between these two games for the rest of the year.

Yeah, this will probably be a delayed purchase for me. I'm interested, but don't really have time or money for it right now.

Same here. I've spent too much money on games lately. Also, I'll wait for reviews and/or the "Certified for our listenersreaders" Bargo Busters seal of approval.

I don't get how you people can pace yourselves and delay getting games like that. I just buy everything when it comes out and then stop playing mid-way through everything.

I have periods where I'll buy a lot of games when they come out and then periods where I don't play (or buy) anything for a couple of months.

With exciting (read:hyped) new IP, I'm like that, but for AC, I have memories of not finishing the first one which is enough for me to hold off on this.

I was super hyped for the first one based pretty much on screenshots and the awesome premise. Even when I heard about all the Da Vinci Code bullshit my spirits failed to be dampened. I ended up liking it, but being horribly put off by some of its issues and finishing it almost a year later.

If this fixes some major stuff I know I'll love it.

To put it simply, I bought everything when it came out LAST year and I still haven't played as much as I'd like of many of those games. I'm going to try to go a bit easier this time around.

I was planning on getting this for my pc, but i found out its out today for ps/xbox and coming out for pc 2010 march 16th. sooooo that sucks alot. I'll just watch it over my brothers shoulder on the ps and then not get it for my pc unless there is some sweet mods or something but I don't expect anything that great for it. : (

I just buy everything when it comes out

It is much cheaper to wait. Which is part of my motivation to postpone games.

Before it was released, I thought that Assassin's Creed would pretty much be the most awesome game ever. I was very disappointed when the reviewers and, more importantly, my friends who had bought the game told me otherwise. For some reason I ended up not even trying the game myself.

Now, although it supposedly fixes most of the original game's flaws, I'm much less interested in actually buying the sequel. I'm not sure if the novelty has just worn off on me or if it's the different setting that is not working for me or something else entirely. There is nothing wrong with Italy itself as a setting (looks pretty great), but I absolutely hate the idea of having Leonardo da Vinci as my personal weaponsmith or whatever, and the Ezio's voice acting is just awful to me.

I will probably still buy the game eventually this time around, though.

I can? Awesome! For some reason I was almost certain that this wouldn't be possible and didn't even bother to check.

It would be awesome if the Italian voices were like the voices in the Mario & Luigi games.

I enjoyed the first one for the exploration and environments and even the combat. I never finished it though.

Luckily for me my girlfriend loved it and completed it, showing me what I missed (she had only 1 flag left to collect in the end :o, she's gutted she never found it before the sequel). She'll be buying the next one as soon as she can so I'll be trying this out whatever happens.

All she asks is that I buy L4D2. :)

It would be awesome if the Italian voices were like the voices in the Mario & Luigi games.

:hmph:

I was told I would cringe, but find it hilarious that he has an uncle who actually says

Don't you recognise me? It'sa me, Mario!

The reviews have been good, but I will wait for the PC version, I think.

The reviews have been good, but I will wait for the PC version, I think.

Same here. Besides, I got a shit load of other games piling up that I need to finish.