MrHoatzin

"The SABOTEUR" or "The Game That Kingz Has Been Asking For Since GTA III"

Another thought(and more pissing on the parade) Irish Sabateour? Would this be considered mildly racist or just sterotypical or other?

Irish and drunk to the level that enemies can detect you by sniffing the booze on your breath... yes, definately both stereotypical and racist.

I've been playing this for the past few days, and I'm having a great time. While it's not anything spectacular, there are a lot of little elements that keep me interested. The black-and-white to color mechanics are neat, and the music is great. The thing that's captured my attention most, though, is the actual sabotage stuff. I've been playing for around 10 hours, and 8 of those were just spent running around the city and blowing up tons and tons of the Nazi destruction targets. There's nothing quite like scaling a sniper tower, throwing a Nazi to his death, taking a few shots at other Nazis on the ground, planting dynamite on the tower, and then scampering off as everything goes boom.

Also, if you buy a new copy, you get a code that makes the burlesque dancers show their boobs. So there's that.

Irish and drunk to the level that enemies can detect you by sniffing the booze on your breath... yes, definately both stereotypical and racist.

Irish isn't a race.

Irish isn't a race.

But you know what his point is, no need to be that pedantic :tup:.

I dunno; it's a pretty grey area, at an intial glance there seems that the descendants that live today come from several seperate races; which in my books is still classifys them as a race, even if using the term irish race isn't really accurate (kind of like saying there is an asian race)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kthomas/history.htm

All three of these races, however, were different tribes of the great Celtic family, who, long ages before, had separated from the main stem, and in course of later centuries blended again into one tribe of Gaels - three derivatives of one stream, which, after winding their several ways across Europe from the East, in Ireland turbulently met, and after eddying, and surging tumultuously, finally blended in amity, and flowed onward in one great Gaelic stream.

Irish isn't a race.

Uh, yes they are.

race noun - a group of persons related by common descent or heredity. Any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

I've been playing this for the past few days, and I'm having a great time. While it's not anything spectacular, there are a lot of little elements that keep me interested. The black-and-white to color mechanics are neat, and the music is great. The thing that's captured my attention most, though, is the actual sabotage stuff. I've been playing for around 10 hours, and 8 of those were just spent running around the city and blowing up tons and tons of the Nazi destruction targets. There's nothing quite like scaling a sniper tower, throwing a Nazi to his death, taking a few shots at other Nazis on the ground, planting dynamite on the tower, and then scampering off as everything goes boom.

I haven't gotten very far as of yet, but I have to agree. Like Mercenaries 2 it's a proper sandbox game with actual stuff to do, although like the latter it can be pretty rough around the edges at times. Still, so far so good, and unlike Mercenaries it's pretty easy to get invested thanks to the WW2 atmosphere. You don't tend to need much motivation to shoot Nazis in the face for example. Also, I'm pretty impatient with these types of games in wanting to get to the 'freedom' part of it as soon as possible (something that annoyed me with the aforementioned-many-times Mercenaries), but I have to say I really enjoyed the prologue in this game, particularly the race sequence. It was sort of Mafia-esque, if cartoony.

I got the game on a January sale last week and I LOVE this game!

I know it's just a pastiche of other games and it barely has anything of it's own, but I love how it works!

You can actually assassinate people and get away without anybody noticing it's you! In AC the guards always get wind of what you've done the moment you kill the target and... I just can't seem to get the hang of Hitman....

Sneaking works well enough for me and makes sense, if you kill every body who raised the alarm and switch to a costume the alarm goes away because they can't see "you" anymore.

I kinda hate racing and it looks like all the story races are more plot driven that skill driven, but I enjoyed the few normal ones too...

But the best part? You know how every sandbox has a ton of extra stuff to do that can only be done if you print a very detailed map, but in the end you give up anyway?

THIS GAME HAS THAT MAP! IN THE GAME! Every game should have this from now on! But they won't, because they expect us to buy the overpriced guide.... :shifty:

And I'm actually having fun doing the extra stuff... It's basically blowing stuff up... which is something I apparently love to do! :clap::woohoo::clap:

This might be the only sandbox game I actually do 100% in! Brutal Legend was close, but I missed a jump and I just can't find it anywhere...:tdown:

I agree with what you guys have all been saying. While the games' flaws are apparent, like the clunky traversal mechanic, I still found it to be a great experience overall. The style and atmosphere was great, down to the point of playing jazz songs whenever you got in a car.

As for the stereotypes, they were present, but the studio decided to revel in them, going as over the top as possible. Sean drinks, smokes, curses and says "Top o' the mornen to ye... Or whatever time it is", and even gets angry when someone calls him a Brit. But this, along with all the other stereotypical characters, just adds to the pulpyness feel of the whole game, something I thought they pulled off rather well.

At first you'd think that the postponing of the game to such a degree would enable them to work out the bugs and make it smoother, but given that they were shut down halfway through the delay, it is more understandable.

If it says anything, I ended up getting every achievement in the game. ;) I just put on a podcast and went around blowing things up.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that last night I had a dream about a group of saboteur cats? The leader had a plunger vacuum gadget thingie...:blink: