Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

My laptop died (well, the screen won't turn on, but I could still get into windows) so don't expect me to be around for any l4thumbs this week or on Sunday. Had to send it in to Lenovo repair, I'm hoping to get it back early next week. Such torture, especially that it died the day before BioShock 2 came out.

I had super fun guys. I would high five all of you, like KAPOW *high five*

Were you still drunk when you made that post? The post game lobby hilarity was way more awesome than the game itself.

I'm guessing not many are up for a high five after tonight's game:getmecoat

Sorry for rocking the boat early on and disrupting the feng shui of the game.

Hopefully be smoother next week.

Andy

P.S. What happened to you Sleepdance?

I passed because it was my wife's birthday (as well as being Valentine's Day), but ended up playing Mass Effect 2 for a bit instead. :getmecoat

I passed because it was my wife's birthday (as well as being Valentine's Day), but ended up playing Mass Effect 2 for a bit instead. :getmecoat

Valentines day AND Wife's birthday...skating on very thin ice gaming on that day then:mock:

As it turned out, some stoned and basically crazy Dutchmen turned up and talked about scarred willies again...normal thumbs game really:clap:

Andy

P.S. What happened to you Sleepdance?

It's becoming a rituale that every time I try to play L4D from 10 to 12 pm my electricity will go out. They are actually (re)building some flat apartment in my village so we all feel the 'consequences'.

Also did we win(vin).

This is hilarious. I just spent half an hour trying to set up a campaign game with three friends. We had to give up because we couldn't for the lives of us get the voice chat working. For all four of us, one of the following was true at some point:

• We could hear everyone else, but none, or only someone could hear us
  • We could hear no-one, but someone could hear us
  • We could only hear somebody, and they, or someone else, could hear us

After much restarting and naïvely toggling settings we got it so that everyone could speak together -- in the lobby. Of course, after starting the game everything went back to being shit. We ended up canceling the game because of it, which is a bit annoying.

^^ Unfortunately all too familiar. Can anyone more computer literate than me, tell me why this happens? Is it because of unruly third party servers? Lag issues? celestial alignment? WHAT?:fart:

Andy

Mostly it's because of complex third party server settings that conflict with the original Valve approved settings. A simple example is an all talk server. Valve does not support such a server first hand and people who want to set it up have to modify the server files.

As you might know, modifying original files comes with it's risks. Mucking about in the config file can give you a lot of different variations to the game but in most cases it'll also have a unknown side-effect. Which is why, I fearfully tend to keep my server as vanilla as possible. From my experience, servers that are "pure" tend to run much better or rather run as they were supposed to in the first place.

Tonight was quite fun. 'Slovenian slayer'....that sounds good. Who was that again?

See you in a week(and I hope I'll finally win).

Holy pants full of crap, the chat system in L4D2/Steam is just horribly defunct. I just played a couple of campaigns with three other people, and we used TeamSpeak for chat. During the game I was unable to prevent the game from sending my voice to one other person, making a a horrible echo. No matter what setting I changed, both in the game and in the Steam overlay I was not able to turn the damn thing off. There's definitely something fishy going on either on the OS level or in the game.

Two awesome games today! Nicely balanced teams, and close, down-to-the-wire victories both times.

Oh yes. Yes, yes. This game is the best when you have two near equal teams. That was great. Thanks for the match, guys. :)

It's true. That was amaaazing (for us). xD

Lost the Versus match, but had a bunch of fun regardless. Lots of good laughs and some properly tense moments as well. Good game, guys. :D

Lots of good laughs and some properly tense moments as well.

"Will he finally start taking things seriously and actually help us, or will he keep on jumping around with a frying pan like a tit?"

The tension was palpable. I palped it.

a) Double post.

B) I feel a bit bad for posting this. I don't mean to gloat; it was just funny. Perhaps funnier at the time.

c)

yzjjrB8fcj8

d) I missed the first round, which was a lot less one-sided, because I always forget to record the beginning of Scavenge.

e) Pirate's joke would be very slightly less dumb if you heard what I said immediately before. Unfortunately, it doesn't record outbound voice chat.