Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

Wait does that mean, you have your new PC now? Sorry I haven't been on steam for a while now and haven't bothered to keep up.

And hey General, finally made it over I see.:yep:

Yeah I do and it's all running well.

I am glad to say that the server is back up. And that is the last time I try my hand at custom modding the server again.:frusty:

Haha I didn't even realize Armchair didn't post on the forums.

I have successfully infiltrated your neurons such that you assume I am here. I feel like a Jedi. :getmecoat

Hey Jeff, good to see you :tup:

I am glad to say that the server is back up. And that is the last time I try my hand at custom modding the server again.:frusty:

I was reading on the Steam forums that some people had modded their servers to remove autospawn in the finale(s). That is perhaps the only worthwhile mod I have ever come across.

Discuss.

Yeah, that's good. I've also played with another one that creates voice channels between an infected player (hunter, jockey, smoker, charger) and the survivor they're pinning, for taunting and such.

Yeah, that's good. I've also played with another one that creates voice channels between an infected player (hunter, jockey, smoker, charger) and the survivor they're pinning, for taunting and such.

Yeah I am familiar with this mod too although I have found in practice; it's not that effective.

Usually, I hear some brief grunting (usually Pirate fnarr fnarr) or broken swearing, not enough time or clarity to actually wind Patters up with some sarcastic barbs while I yank his innards out for the 99th time that game:mock:

I did play with a mod that allowed the smoker to move about once they smoked someone, that was fun. I saw a smoker grab a guy and then move around some scenery and because the only other player standing was in the red on health, they couldn't catch up. It was like a macabre Benny Hill sketch :clap:

Maybe we should dream up some mods and persuade Skratche to include them on his server? (I say this as someone with very little knowledge about how to implement mods or make servers)

Mods are doable as long as they are simple. I found a "plugin" that removes the auto spawns in finales, but it's still in beta and has issues. I'd rather not install something that might cause game breaking issues.

Other than that I am open to suggestions. I know most of us like playing "vanilla" and would instantly vote to RTL if mods were on a server. So as long as eveybody agrees on a specific mod (and it is not beyond my ablities), we can have it installed.

Mods are doable as long as they are simple. I found a "plugin" that removes the auto spawns in finales, but it's still in beta and has issues. I'd rather not install something that might cause game breaking issues.

Other than that I am open to suggestions. I know most of us like playing "vanilla" and would instantly vote to RTL if mods were on a server. So as long as eveybody agrees on a specific mod (and it is not beyond my ablities), we can have it installed.

The only mod I like the sound of is the autospawn finale mod. This doesn't fundamentally change the game in any real way, unlike the autospawn, which does tip the balance in favour of the survivors (see Concert finale holed up in the corner)

Otherwise, I generally despise mods.

Haha I didn't even realize Armchair didn't post on the forums.

What's more, the person he got here through doesn't post and has never listened to the podcast either. Danny Boy is a very old friend of mine, and he knows Andy for some reason I have no interest in, and OH GOD NOW THAT BASTARD BLIGHTS MY LIFE.

I love you really, Andy. I'm unwilling to disclose how much of that is dependent on last night's L4D2 victory, however.

Custom campaigns maybe? I'm looking at this and I'm gonna see if it's any good.

I love you really, Andy. I'm unwilling to disclose how much of that is dependent on last night's L4D2 victory, however.

It's a shame you didn't see the match that came after it. I believe Jamsl, Brewte, Olmy and me absolutely... What's the best word? Humiliated? Annihilated? Obliterated?

Hmmm, help me pick here, General. :D

It's a shame you didn't see the match that came after it. I believe Jamsl, Brewte, Olmy and me absolutely... What's the best word? Humiliated? Annihilated? Obliterated?

Hmmm, help me pick here, General.

I'm not Andy, but, Raped through a hole is usually a good one.

What's more, the person he got here through doesn't post and has never listened to the podcast either. Danny Boy is a very old friend of mine, and he knows Andy for some reason I have no interest in, and OH GOD NOW THAT BASTARD BLIGHTS MY LIFE.

Dear James,

it is clear to anyone with eyes and a head that you would be nothing, NOTHING, without me. Prior to my arrival in your world, you drifted aimlessly through the meadows of life, making daisy chains and eating blackberries that passing dog's had wazzed on.

As little as 48 hours ago, I gave you insightful and mature career advice (see 'get a better job now cos you will really hate it when you have children) and schooled you in the ways of Western culture (see 'have you read The Road by Cormack McCarthy James?'- 'Yes I have, about 6 months ago thankyou Andy).

I think if you look inside deep inside yourself, you know of what I speak to be true.

Best Wishes,

Armchair 'Just a little game James' General

Hmmm, help me pick here, General. :D

Ahem, yes thankyou Pirate. I think actually ALL THREE of your word choices would be closest to the mark. I was tired, cold, alone and MIKEIFIED :frusty:

Never again will I pity you when I grind you into the dirt bitch.:(

Yours,

AG :fart:

Edited by Armchair General

I have somehow managed to install a mod that removes auto spawns in finales. Unfortunately, I can't test it out myself and we would have to look into it when the next versus game is played. Whether it works or ruins the game remains to be seen.

I am up for some expert campaign runs. I should warn others who are interested though, playing to completion takes hours. So far I have managed to only complete Dead Center with the help of the public.

I'm stinging from arriving too late for L4Thumbs on Sunday, although it probably did wonders for my productivity (hem hem) and was entirely my fault - it's starting to feel like we are a versus and a campaign on busy days...

I'm stinging from arriving too late for L4Thumbs on Sunday, although it probably did wonders for my productivity (hem hem) and was entirely my fault - it's starting to feel like we are a versus and a campaign on busy days...

I know what you mean, man. Sometimes I feel like a versus and a campaign on busy days as well. :blink:

Sorry in advance. xD

It appears that enough people complained about the auto-spawns during finales that Valve is actually removing them. That's good!

No auto-spawn is good. Also:

Bots

We are adding bots for the Infected team to help out the Infected when they are down a man or two. This will also make 1v1 Versus a bit more fun.

It'll be nice not to have a completely gimped Infected team if you can't fill out all 8 slots.

Pretty good first versus game today. But a really abysmal end to the second game as you would all agree.

Pretty good first versus game today. But a really abysmal end to the second game as you would all agree.

Yeah, that damn Russian server. I cannot fathom for the life of me, why you would want to remove the return to lobby option on a server. Surely all that is EVER going to do is annoy people? Maybe someone cleverer than me can think of a reason.

After the faff-fest, it either needed to gouge my own eyes out with a spoon or quit playing and have a beer. Being the wimp I am, I took the second option, sorry:getmecoat

Andy

I most likely won't make it to next Sunday's game, because I'm moving into a new place over the weekend. In case you guys can't find a decent public server I'm posting my server's address here.

212.187.246.225:27015

In order to make sure that you select this server through lobby, enter this in the console first:

mm_force_dedicated_server 212.187.246.225:27015 

The leader needs to be a member of the thumbs steam group otherwise it would just dump you in a local server. Also the console doesn't work when you are already in lobby, so make sure you enter the command before creating the lobby.

I'll try and keep the server online all week long, but if an update is released I would have to update the server as well, before anyone can play on it.