Scratch

Left 4 Thumbs 2

Yes I know the thread title doesn't make sense, but neither does the game title.

I thought we should direct more L4D2 related match organizations and post/pre game discussions into a separate thread. So here it is.

I presume there will be some sort of unorganized event tomorrow; that is if the servers don't get flooded. I probably won't play the game until friday evening. Though I would definitely be there on Sunday.

I'm very excited, although I'm not sure how I'm going to split my time between this and MW2. I should be there on Tuesday, though, unless there's major server hell.

Yeah, so I have downloaded half of the preload, which should be finished some time today, during another massive revision session. Played with Wrestle and Ysbreaker last night, killing Wrestle 3 times whilst attempting to save him.

Quick question, how many of you use mics? As I have a standard mic, which I am planning to attach to a camera tripod somehow to talk, and wonder if it's worth doing for thumbs games.

Mics are crucial in L4D games, especially in versus games. I used to have a mic but ever since it stopped working I haven't bothered to buy a new one. I somehow manage to get by using the text chat. I suggest you give the mic a try and decide for yourself.

l4d2.png

Huh-buh? This means it unlocks at 10pm MST, today! FUCK YEAH!

Wait what? According to my time, it unlocks at midnight. It can't be 10pm MST. I have even checked the posting on the official L4D2 group, it says midnight.

In any case, it's only a two hour difference. BTW I doubt it would open up exactly at midnight, considering how they botched the demo release.

What the...I wasnt planning on playing tonight, but I'll certainly try if it unlocks that soon.

Not sure if I want to play through the campaigns with random people, though. Playing it in single player feels wrong too.

Regarding mics, the logitech USB desktop microphone is brilliant http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/microphones/devices/221&cl=us,en

Wait what? According to my time, it unlocks at midnight. It can't be 10pm MST. I have even checked the posting on the official L4D2 group, it says midnight.

In any case, it's only a two hour difference. BTW I doubt it would open up exactly at midnight, considering how they botched the demo release.

I'm expecting delays, too, but at least in this case it's delays from a midnight launch, rather than one at noon.

And if my math's right, midnight in Toronto is 10 here in Denver. Does Valve usually do rolling release times, and if so, is this an exception?

EDIT: Nope, it's right:

When L4D2 will go live:

* Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

* Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time

* Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time

* Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time

* Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time

* Tuesday, November 17th, 6:00AM Central Europe Standard Time

* Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time

* Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time

the l4d launch last year(which was handled the same way) went pretty smoothly, but there's always room for error.

So, anyone up for some campaign action tomorrow evening (GMT)? I kind of want to play through all the scenarios non-competitively before getting going on the versus. Not all in one sitting, obviously.

So, anyone up for some campaign action tomorrow evening (GMT)? I kind of want to play through all the scenarios non-competitively before getting going on the versus. Not all in one sitting, obviously.

Depends on what time I get home. Either that or I skip my afternoon Anatomy class.:mock:

Depends on what time I get home. Either that or I skip my afternoon Anatomy class.:mock:

The only anatomy you need to know is the head. 'Cause that's where the bullets go.

Balls, balls, balls.

I can't say I'm surprised, but the game has yet to unlock. Also, the Steam forums are so bogged down that it takes forever just to find out that there isn't any word on when it will be ready.

Screw this, I'm tired.

Last night Valve put out a press release that intimated that today's release was for North America only, and the rest of the world was to follow. I'm at work at the moment, so I don't know if that's true, but I'd be a little disappointed. On the other hand, it simplifies the process of deciding what to play.

So does anyone want to join a game between 6pm and 7pm GMT? Should be enough to be able to attend GTA as well.

Sure.

Last night Valve put out a press release that intimated that today's release was for North America only, and the rest of the world was to follow. I'm at work at the moment, so I don't know if that's true, but I'd be a little disappointed. On the other hand, it simplifies the process of deciding what to play.

I have L4D2, its US retail release and worldwide steam, badly worded though.

So does anyone want to join a game between 6pm and 7pm GMT? Should be enough to be able to attend GTA as well.

Count me in. I will be playing it a couple hours before that time as well. You guys better show up becuase I have decided to skip class for this.

BTW I'd rather not play versus since I wanna go through all maps on campaign first.

Played Dead Center and Dark Carnival on single-player. I don't know if anything can top Carnival.

Carnival games, running along a roller coaster track, and ending it all with a rock concert to signal a chopper with the stage pyrotechnics. Awesome

Trying to do "Guardin' Gnome" with AI characters is frustrating as shit, though. They treat you as the leader, and won't try to press ahead at all. Trying to get through "gauntlet" sections by alternately throwing the gnome a few feet and then killing 40 guys with an axe was an exercise in near-keyboard-breaking patience.

If you've got room, shoot me a message/friend request. Getting familiar with the campaigns sounds good.

Same here Skratch. I'll probably be playing video games all day, frankly.

Patters, I added you on the Steam machine

Yeah, I would join, but I just did dark carnival with Nick and Chris Faylor. It's pretty much awesome, and now I have a bit of a headache.