Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

Minesweeper: The Adventure Game?

What?

From Broken Sword's Charles Cecil. This should be.. interesting. I'm kind of already sold on the idea, as long as it isn't an ultra-realistic war-torn take on Minesweeper.

erm... hooray? I have no idea what to make of this, I'll probably get it though. I'll check the link later with a midterm later today.

Cecil hasn't really been his best for the past 10 years or more.

He's not really been given the opportunities though (has he?).

Mood ring says: Intrigued.

There's a flash game on andkon called Pit Sweeper that's basically a RPG version of minesweeper. It's actually pretty awesome and my only complaint is that it's too short. I played through it perhaps a dozen times before my work blocked the site.

He's not really been given the opportunities though (has he?).

Mood ring says: Intrigued.

Would you call this an opportunity? I wouldn't.

To be followed my the survival-horror re-imagining of solitaire, no doubt.

I'm really not sure how to imagine this game, buuut, it's pretty funny anyway.

:clap:

Damn! That bad? What happened? Studio interference? Lack of a budget? Rushed production? Or did they just lay a stinker? Not the type of question you could ask in an interview... but you'd really want to.

Well, it seemed to me they did pretty much what they set out to, which was making a shitty 1993 adventure game that looked half-bad and had lame puzzles and wasn't interesting.

But keep in mind I don't like most games.

Well, it seemed to me they did pretty much what they set out to, which was making a shitty 1993 adventure game that looked half-bad and had lame puzzles and wasn't interesting.

Ok, but do you like 1993 adventure games, or was this a shitty version of a 1993 adventure game?

Nah, the stuff I read about it is pretty stupid. Like:

You need to call people in the game, but there's only one phone in one city. If you are in another city, and need to call someone and then do something in the city you're in, you need to travel to the city with the phone, use it, and travel back to where you were.

It has some potential, but it might well be relegated to the "past masters" category like Mata Hari. (Incidentally did anyone play this?)

I think Hal Barwood's and Noah Falstein's roles were played-up for promotional purposes. No need to slap them with "past masters" just yet.

Nah, the stuff I read about it is pretty stupid. Like:

You need to call people in the game, but there's only one phone in one city. If you are in another city, and need to call someone and then do something in the city you're in, you need to travel to the city with the phone, use it, and travel back to where you were.

Well the game was set in 1917...? Where there a lot of phones back then? (I have no idea.)

I think Hal Barwood's and Noah Falstein's roles were played-up for promotional purposes. No need to slap them with "past masters" just yet.

I've heard this before, but I can't find any evidence for it anywhere. In fact, on Barwood's own site he lists his involvement as "Design & Writing".

Well the game was set in 1917...? Where there a lot of phones back then? (I have no idea.)

Did a little bit of wikipedia research and found this: "By 1904 there were over three million phones in the US". More than I expected, certainly!

Yup, telephone became popular pretty fast after Bell's patent in 1876. There were said to be about 30 thousand subscribers in US by 1880 and over a million at the turn of the century. You could even listen to the latest news through telephone in 1893 (in Budapest at least).

I read a short history of telegraph and telephone literally 15 minutes ago...

Minesweeper adventure game could be nice. I'm not expecting too much from it at this point, though.

Did a little bit of wikipedia research and found this: "By 1904 there were over three million phones in the US".

But only one in Europe :)

(Actually it just goes to show: The internet isn't the first time that technology has caught on really quickly and changed the way people communicate.)

Me neither. I play a lot of games and read gaming websites ALL the time. But, fuck, most games are bullshit.

Me neither. I play a lot of games and read gaming websites ALL the time. But, fuck, most games are bullshit.

Most of everything is bullshit. (I think science put it at around 90% of everything, last time I checked.)

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Most of everything is bullshit. (I think science put it at around 90% of everything, last time I checked.)

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Only 90% of it. 10% of it was pure gold.

surely if 90 percent of everything would be pure shit, then the 10 percent which isn't would have 90% of it (9% overall) being shit compared to the upper tier of the gold, rinse and repeat. :fart: