Sign in to follow this  
Patters

Split Second

anyone else at all interested in this? I played it at Eurogamer and it was pretty fun. It's kind of like a cross between Burnout and Mario Kart, made by the guys who made Pure (which I have heard good things about).

6BdaQayyM-o

It looks like it could be really cool. I always find it hard to trust cinematic trailers though...

Will there be Mario Kart-like rubber band AI? Ha ha!

anyone else at all interested in this? I played it at Eurogamer and it was pretty fun. It's kind of like a cross between Burnout and Mario Kart,

Suddenly, I am interested.

Pure was awesome and made me fall in love with racing game all over again; so if Split Second is anything like, it's going to be a major title.

Also, don't expect Mario Kart like rubber banding...

This game is fantastic fun. There is rubber banding, which 6 races into the game hasn't been apparent. From what I have heard it has too few tracks. The frame rate is incredibly solid even when everything is exploding.

If you like Burnout, you WILL like this. The handling model is great.

I'm afraid that having the same release date as Red Dead is going to be bad for this game, which is a pity as it is so enjoyable.

I was crazy about the demo, but unfortunately, you're right Patters, I can't afford this game right now because Red Dead was priority #1.

I haven't played a racing game in years, but I really want to try this one. based on what Giant Bomb's review was saying about it losing it's luster after a while, I may just rent it, though.