Jake

Idle Thumbs 50: "Farewell, Video Games" or "The Shitty Wizard"

I'm lazy. Did we ever get the ps3/socks picture from Jake?

Nope, I forgot! I could create some sort of dramatic reenactment, but the original state of my PS3 is lost, and it's reintegrated into my stack o consoles.

dramatic reenactment

YES PLEASE ;D

why do i want to see that so much that's kinda weird.

The last podcasts that I'm going through are NYU Game Center podcasts of Jonathan Blow and Warren Spector. There were some other people also there. Very interesting stuff.

Ooh I have to say this that Clint Hocking in his lecture is referencing Steve "hot scoops" Gaynor's blog in the beginning. :yep:

Gah I just found out that the fun's over (I'm a bit laggin behind). Now my way to work will be substantially less entertaining.

Thank you guys for free quality entertainment. It was amazing while it lasted. And Congratulations to Nick. In fact, congratulations all around on a podcast well done!

So been really missing this pod cast so I downloaded every ep and started from the top again(planning a road trip where i will make my friends listen to them all :D)

This pod cast was amazing from day one.

eh? there wasn't really a set time i thought.

Well, someone on a shacknews thread that Toblix linked to in twitter said that "new Idle Thumbs episode tomorrow". I think that was yesterday or the day before.

I finally reached the End of Games. It was a sweet ride. Good luck to Nick, and I hope you'll be back soon for more entertaining podcasts or whatever weird form Idle Thumbs will morph into next.

Also, Congrats Nick.

Baffle me this, Wizaa~ard.

Further QWOP amusement: today I got a second hand bike which turned out to be a bit less of a bargain than I had hoped. Mid-ride the brake fell off, after which began a somewhat QWOPpish ride back, as I was trying to manipulate a strange bike without brakes across the dangerous LA roads. I expected to land face-down any minute, after hilarious ragdoll antics.

Further QWOP amusement: today I got a second hand bike which turned out to be a bit less of a bargain than I had hoped. Mid-ride the brake fell off, after which began a somewhat QWOPpish ride back, as I was trying to manipulate a strange bike without brakes across the dangerous LA roads. I expected to land face-down any minute, after hilarious ragdoll antics.

Here's a tip (which you probably now know): Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, try to save money on any transport you expect to take onto an LA freeway.

I learned my lesson driving in a 1973 Buick Riviera. Oh yes, a very nice car, except when it throws a rod in the fast-lane of the 134 in rush-hour traffic. Then it becomes a death mobile with no breaks and no steering.

Bye, bye "classic" car (now I know when nobody in American drives you any more).

Next stop: Honda Civic. Very safe car.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

I'm watching all of the casters' Twitters like a fucking hawk. Thanks for not only taking away one of the best things in my life (the podcast), but replacing it with this shit.

Congrats Nick.

Yes, BRKL, Los Angeles. That's where I am until the end of January.

Because I'm gonna be a screenwriter, and in contrast to the other bajillion aspring scribes, I will make it. Because I stick dearly to my delusions.

Because I'm gonna be a screenwriter, and in contrast to the other bajillion aspring scribes, I will make it. Because I stick dearly to my delusions.

Have you met many other writers out there?

Have you met many other writers out there?

I'm sure he's eaten at a restaurant during his time there.:grin:

Haha, so true. Everyone wants to be a writer. The other interns at my company all want to have jobs like that. And the assistants. That's actually really helpful, because in LA there's a great sense of wanting to help each other. After all, if the people you know succeed, you have a better chance piggybacking on them. I was expecting the opposite, but there you have it!