Jake

Idle Thumbs 50: "Farewell, Video Games" or "The Shitty Wizard"

welp, that was fun. I think I'm the only person here who caught your sick burn on Cal football, Chris. It made me laugh and cry, just like Idle Thumbs Episode 50.

Enjoy your newfound free time.

Looking forward to your sporadic cast.

You mean American Football?

They're 3rd party stuff I've had since xp.

http://rocketdock.com/ for the icon thing at the top (which I use less with 7 than I did in xp)

and the other is Rainmeter, you kind of have to shuffle around quite a bit to find skins you like (weee 3rd party...), but I find it sorta useful and pretty..

http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/

Boatloads of skins for it: http://customize.org/rainmeter

The ones I use are 10 Foot HUD (for the time/date)

and part of this one: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/47014

I hope thats helpful :)

I can confirm that these are really cool and dont do anything wierd to your system. Glad you've got a new super quiet badass computer Mr Remo, anti aliase the fuck out of Torchlight!

is this the last episode ever? or just for this year?

It's the last episode of the thumbs as we know it today. Since Nick is leaving they are capping it at 50.

The rest will however have a different cast that will appear on a more sporadic frequency than this one.

It's the last episode of the thumbs as we know it today. Since Nick is leaving they are capping it at 50.

The rest will however have a different cast that will appear on a more sporadic frequency than this one.

that's a shame. thanks for the answer though

Am I the only one horrified by really busy desktops? I love Windows 7's minimalist setup, but Rawru's setup is a little... messy. :blink:

I wouldn't say I'm horrified, but a few months ago I realized that I never ever used desktop icons, so I now have none of them at all, and I can fully enjoy my wallpaper in the few brief seconds before I launch a full-screen application. Which is why I don't use desktop icons: I always have something running in full-screen. The start menu and system tray are just easier for me.

INTERESTING FACTS.

This is a personal mini-rant, but there was a weird ad along the freeway for some kind of energy drink that advertised to Cal fans. It broke my brain a little bit.

it said, with no punctuation whatsoever:

the power to fuel your go bears

It drove me crazy, and I somehow couldn't put information in my brain together correctly to make sense of it. I spent some time trying to figure out what a go-bear was. :(

Unrelated to everything. Sorry... :getmecoat

It's like a Go-Bot, but with more fur?

American football is the only football. :(

But they don't even have a ball; and they rarely ever use their feet.

Wow, that was much sadder than I thought it would be. All the humor thrown in at the end followed by the QWOP discussion...then "that's all we have to say." Ouch. Well, at least it was softened by the ThumbScoop news.

So, um, where can I get download the amazing episode art in full size? Seeing that on my ipod as I listened was a thing of beauty.

Thanks for 50 episodes of awesome, and making me look like an idiot by using your memes around normal people. Best of luck, Nick. Chris and Jake, please try to make sporadic casting not too far apart, pleeeease.

But they don't even have a ball; and they rarely ever use their feet.

They use their feet all the time: to run.

As a sidenote, I've been playing a lot of Madden lately and any time I see that one of you UK folks is online and potentially looking at what I'm playing, I feel just a tiny bit of shame. :violin:

Thanks Jake, god what an amazing combo of funny shit that looks normal at first glance.

how strange that I never noticed the blog, just lurked the forums, damn after a year you'd think I'd know about that...

Edited by kushielwrath
errr...

Great cast, guys. I've enjoyed it immensely, and genuinely feel sad to hear it go -- like saying goodbye to a friend. On a lighter note, after the last episode finished iTunes started playing The Man Comes Around, and I didn't realize that wasn't part of the episode till it started playing Hurt.

They're 3rd party stuff I've had since xp.

http://rocketdock.com/ for the icon thing at the top (which I use less with 7 than I did in xp)

and the other is Rainmeter, you kind of have to shuffle around quite a bit to find skins you like (weee 3rd party...), but I find it sorta useful and pretty..

http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/

Boatloads of skins for it: http://customize.org/rainmeter

The ones I use are 10 Foot HUD (for the time/date)

and part of this one: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/47014

I hope thats helpful :)

Rainmeter has some really cool skins. At one point last year, my desktop was Half-Life 2 themed. The in-game HUD was reproduced as widgets for playing music and such. It looked really sharp.

This is a personal mini-rant, but there was a weird ad along the freeway for some kind of energy drink that advertised to Cal fans. It broke my brain a little bit.

It drove me crazy, and I somehow couldn't put information in my brain together correctly to make sense of it. I spent some time trying to figure out what a go-bear was. :(

Unrelated to everything. Sorry... :getmecoat

it makes sense to me :colbert:

(and now I am thirsty)

Just wanted to drop in and say I've thoroughly enjoyed your Podding about Far Cry 2 and Torchlight. I wish you would have talked more about games that were different. Keep on keeping on.

I hadn't listened to Played Podcast in a while, but maybe I'll go check that out again... if Chris is still on it.

I hadn't listened to Played Podcast in a while, but maybe I'll go check that out again... if Chris is still on it.
Published by Mark March 11th, 2009 in Main Page.

Oops.. Nevermind, looks like that one is kaput.

I know, right? I keep asking about that stuff, but Chris maintains silence. I really liked Played, too.

Apologies if this had been mentioned, but has Chris uploaded the clip of Dragon Age where there was this wizard who was constantly casting spells at the background while the npc was talking real slow? I imagine that would really be hilarious.

Thanks guys, great way to end the weekly podcast.

Good to know that it might continue someday.

Now I'm kind of lost because I have no weekly or any other podcasts to listen while doing my job. I did used to listen to Played also, but that thing is dead, no new casts in eight months...

The last podcasts that I'm going through are NYU Game Center podcasts of Jonathan Blow and Warren Spector. There were some other people also there. Very interesting stuff.