Sign in to follow this  
ethanThomas

Manhunt 2

There probably won't be much said about it. There have already been a few games that released a somewhat controversial censored version that have later released uncut digital versions to no real reaction that I remember (Indigo Prophecy, The Witcher). I enjoyed the first Manhunt, but it's been long enough since the initial release that my interest has almost completely waned.

I doubt there will be much upheaval over this particular release. Manhunt 2's fury has long since died down, and would need something really bad to outdo the current CoD6 'shooting people in an airport' controversy that's making the rounds right now.

As for the game itself, if Rockstar can make the gameplay less repetitive than the first game, I may give it a look. That's what killed (ahem..) the first game for me. I managed to finish it, but it was boring as hell after so long.

this was supposed to be terrible right? And Rockstar North didn't develop it? And even the original controversy died pretty quickly when the game came out?

Eh. I enjoyed the first one probably more than most. In my opinion, the whole Saw franchise owes a lot to the game. But Gabbo's right, it did get pretty boring after you've seen all the death animations.

I don't think anyone will care. The PC market can be interesting in its sheer scale and lack of profile compared to the consoles. I think it's a good thing, at least there's somewhere for games to go without being censored.

I never played the first Manhunt though, so I'm not tempted to pick up the sequel myself.

I played a bit of the first game, and appreciated the novelty. The sequel doesn't interest me at all. Seems like they have made it so nasty that it's just boring.