Sign in to follow this  
George B

favorite IT song?

There's been a lot of talk about space asshole, and rightfully so... way to go Idle Thumbs for releasing the song that put you firmly on the online video games community map at the same time that you announce the demise of your existence, a glorious irony if you ask me...

anywho... my point is that the song that will probably always remain on my ipod is not space asshole.. no, that song is You Gotta Use the Kid... SO GOOD!

"you gotta select the kid character to kill the snake"...

thanks again!

Edited by Floordje

Do you mean the Idle Thumbs crowd or the Information Technology crowd?

Meh, in the past we've generally shortened it to Thumbs, or The Thumb. Acronymization is usually done ironically round here. Maybe. Maybe not. I dunno. Is it dinner time yet?

TTFN

Without no doubt it is this wonderful ballad.

ps, What's with calling Idle Thumbs "IT", it's confusing. What does the rest of the IT crowd think about this?

I think that sewing confusion is part of the Idle Thumbs way... mayhaps it`s just all the coffee I`ve drunk this morning after a sleepless night... mayhaps it`s the fact Hammer keeps crashing while trying to compile... mayhaps it`s that I`m really sad about things... mayhaps it`s cause I`m happily looking forward to a few rounds of Dawn of War 2 on lunch break....

you have a point though, the video really does redouble that song`s gusto... I may have to throwdown a gotta use the kid video to do battle with yours!!

In other news, Chris Remo song/pixar "video game" strategy held responsible for zoo calamity.

Edited by Floordje
grammars

They're all pretty good, and I particularly like The Wizard, but my favourite has to be A Letter to Edge, if only for the brilliant ending. It may be a silly pun, but in such an unexpected musical context it affects me in a weird way I can't properly express. That's probably tragic.

I do like the Bobby Kotick ballad, but for the weird reason that it reminds me of "Buggy Saint's Row: The Musical". There's a shortage of video game related musical theatre pieces.

Edit: Found it!

I was about to berate you all for lacking with the links, but there's a Music section on the homepage I've just noticed... Whoops.

I'm sorry, for me it's still...

Space Asshooooooooole for me.

I honestly think this some slight tweaking to the lyrics (keeping the Space Asshole bits) that it could be a genuinely heartfelt story of this guy's life being destroyed by, well, this Space Asshole with a hammer. I know, I know, but it's really that good.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

wizardpainting.jpg

Wrong topic... OR IS IT?

just noticed the two unicorns making out in the upper left corner...OR ARE THEY?

Without no doubt it is this wonderful ballad.

ps, What's with calling Idle Thumbs "IT", it's confusing. What does the rest of the IT crowd think about this?

That one is probably my favorite too. The Wizard always makes me lol, and Space Asshole is definitely hilarious.

I don't really have a favorite information technology song.

I think Space Asshole is the best, and also it kind of works without getting the references so it maybe listenable for a wider audience. A co-worker of mine liked it and even put Space Asshole as his Skype status (but actually he's a gamer too).

I do like the Bobby Kotick ballad, but for the weird reason that it reminds me of "Buggy Saint's Row: The Musical". There's a shortage of video game related musical theatre pieces.

Buggy Saints Row is a great great thing. I wish that guy would do more songs.

My favourite has got to be Senor/senior super-douche. I also have a soft spot for the fan-boy lament.