Sign in to follow this  
amishler

Psychonauts gets a publisher: Majesco

Well, I said it was horse crap. Would of worked though, without the pc port.

Erm... no.

:ponycrap:

There is a human interest story behind it with Ed Fries taking non-mass-appeal games under his wing — and then leaving Microsoft... after which accountants took over the Xbox line and cut the umbilical cords of those games that looked the most unique.

Hey, wait, that sounds just like another developer/publisher. Can't quite put my finger on the name, though... Hucas-something, wasn't it?

"HucasArts," I believe? They were the company that definitely didn't make Star Wars Galaxies... or Sam & Max 2.

Psychonauts was never going to come out on PS2. Schafer was thinking of working on the PS2 but not for Psychonauts. That game didn't really become a reality until Ed Fries came along.

YES! :)

damn, im SO happy ... i can play Psychonauts without getting a bloody xbox! i was gonna buy the game and borrow my friends xbox to play it, but this works out SO much better.

although, lets be honest ... i dont see it being such a big seller on the pc. but ill be happy to be the first in line to get my copy, and im glad its coming out next year ... ive spent so much $$$ on games this year, i dont think i'd be able to pull off getting another one! :)

SiN

You know, I was really reluctant to buy an Xbox... moreso than to spend 500 dollars American to update my machine.

You know, I was really reluctant to buy an Xbox... moreso than to spend 500 dollars American to update my machine.

This seems to be the predominant train of thought among people here and at AG, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. You can get an Xbox for $110 if you get it refurbished, and the graphics card alone for a good PC would run more than that.

There is also that issue of having a lot of freedom on the PC (having free reign to pirate what I feel like and run what tickles my fancy), not caring too much for television gaming, and so on and so forth.

...And the Xbox games seem to be more expensive and harder to patch considering that I don't plan on having that Xbox-live crap.

After MS ditched Psychonauts, I'm not really up for supporting the Xbox, which I previously might have bought just to play this game. I'll get it on PC or get it on another platform if any more ports are annoucned. (I assume the latter isn't likely.)

Jeremy

:grin: I don't even need to buy an Xbox now 'cause I live with my sister, and she got one for her kids when they were in Germany last year (cute, the main console menu is in German). Kingz, console gaming is very different from 'PCing'. For one thing it's much more socially conducive, I'm having the best time with my six-year-old nephew Rizal. He's a big car slut (he'll gawk over anything with wheels) and I'm forcing him to beat all the tracks in Project Gotham Racing, but we take turns. I'm not much into racing games, though.

But, there are practically next to no Xbox games I'm personally interested in. Obscure is coming out soon, and that's the only title I'd get. So Psychonauts would probably be the next one, unless my PC (or my sister's) can run it.

There is also that issue of having a lot of freedom on the PC (having free reign to pirate what I feel like and run what tickles my fancy), not caring too much for television gaming, and so on and so forth.

Yes, but the nice thing about owning things is that you can still own other things. So if you buy an Xbox you can still keep your PC. In reality, though, I don't really care either way. I'm just suggesting a practical possibility.

...and I hate the controler. The dual joystick is more awkward to me than any sort of mouse and WASD setup you can imagine.

...and I hate the controler. The dual joystick is more awkward to me than any sort of mouse and WASD setup you can imagine.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had the same problem when I first played Goldeneye. It was so frustrating that I stopped using dual sticks completely until Halo, then I just played until I got used to it.

actually, the dual sticks work really well with me ... the first time i used em was with halo, i was terrible at first, but all i had to do was invert the y-axis on the look stick and i was fine with it. i picked up in less than a night.

but im getting it on pc, because im a pc gamer. the only game i want on the xbox is psychonauts. the only game i want on the gamecube is metroid prime. other than that, im not very interested in console gaming, so y bother wasting all that extra money?

SiN

Basically console gaming is for playing exclusive games, or games made in Japan (since PC development there is virtually non-existant). If you have no interest in the console exclusives, there really is no reason to get one.

...those damn metal gear games always sucker me though.

Goldeneye, on the PS was relatively easy. After about half an hour of test play I was kicking arses -- the same just didn't happen with Halo.

I'm waiting for the day when a child using its psychic powers sets another kid on fire and the parents, the media and the religious right lawyers blame Psychonauts.

That would rule.