Sign in to follow this  
amishler

Psychonauts gets a publisher: Majesco

you can't enjoy a FPS on a console - yes, Halo, I'm calling you overrated

You mean you can't enjoy an FPS on a console. I feel bad for you. :gaming:

I don't think there's any rules about platformers being fundamentally the wrong kind of game for PCs. With Psychonauts I think it will be more an issue of it having been optimised for the Xbox from the start, and so most will probably agree that is the superior version once it's released. An Xbox is still a pretty formidable platform in that developers know the specs of all the Xbox gamers are the same, and can gear the game totally towards that.

Hopefully the PC version will be a good port though, as I won't have an Xbox forever, and I will probably want to play Psychonauts forever. A whole lot of fans of Schafer are PC people, so it's important that it's ported well. I'm eager to find out the minimum specs for the PC version, if it supports a game controller, etc.

Hopefully the PC version will be a good port though, as I won't have an Xbox forever, and I will probably want to play Psychonauts forever.

Why do you have to get rid of your Xbox? It's smaller than an old PC and it will assumedly work with any TV released in the forseeable future.

Yeah, you're right. I suppose I've just always seen consoles as transient things that I don't hold on to, and sell on once the next-gen is coming up. The PC has always been what I play games on the most. That said, it's sad to think I don't I own my old Megadrive (Genesis) and its cartridges anymore, perhaps I should show more love for the consoles.

The Xbox follow-up might end up being backwards compatible anyway, and that's probably my next console.

Although I wasn't the perpetrator of that brutal act, the link-and-quote style of newsing is a bit lame. If we are to link to Q&A's, we should probably paraphrase what's going on.

That Q&A is actually written in code. By accident, I discovered that if you read it the way it is intended, the message becomes something entirely different:

They knew what they wanted and were prepared to act on it, and when we met them it was obvious that they were for real. You have a good relationship with them where you can both listen to the daisy together. Those people are dumb, and I don't like them.

Same as everybody else. We'll ship out a sticker with an extra explosion on it for retailers to slap on the boxes. And then I'll run. That usually works.

Alright, I cancelled all of my Sam & Max games August appointments in order to get truckloads of info on Psychonauts, and I've been left out in the cold. What the fucking hell.

I think we'd all like to believe that there hasn't been any news because Doublefine and Majesco are working nonstop to create maximum levels of awesomeness. Otherwise, how could we not even have a news entry and very few DFACs? Something would have to have gone terribly wrong.

That seems logical to me. Either that or they're all in the Bahamas or something.

That seems logical to me. Either that or they're all in the Bahamas or something.

Actually, I can easily imagine tim tricking us into thinking they're making a game while they're just in teh Bahamas

I suspect it falls more under the "they're destroying themselves to get the game done" category than the "large fruity drink with half a ********* and 3 paper umbrellas sticking out" category ¬ It would be sad if they were in the Bahamas :(

They could be doing both. I have this mental image of a bunch of beach chairs out in the sun with XDKs under them in the shade :)

Tim said that they were about to go into a period of intense polishing in the Gamespot interview, so presumably it really is ultra-intense, and they can't even break the workflow to post new stuff on the web. They probably haven't even slept in the past month.

I want to find out what happens next in Action Comics though. Life just feels pretty empty without the continuing adventures of the 2HB crew. Also Nathan, Indy, Chewbacca, and Raz's weirdly wonderful creations.

I want a t-shirt with a fullsize version of Chris getting a swan to the ear. That pic just rocked.