Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Creepy statues in games

The Broken Sword games are full of the usual statues.

I really hated the statues in Shinobi (endboss)

I'm not sure whether this counts as a creepy statue, but it sure looks painful. From Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vM2gq9fVzA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vM2gq9fVzA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There were statues in The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past whose eyes appeared to be moving. And shooting lasers at you. I was freaked out by how something that has never been alive can kill me and there is no way for me to stop it from trying to do that.

If I remember correctly, that game was full of creepy non-lethal statues as well.

Mysteries of the Sith had a ton of far-too-difficult-to-kill statues with lightsabers which pounced out at you, most probably to stop you from discovering the Mysteries of the Sith.

There were statues in The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past whose eyes appeared to be moving. And shooting lasers at you. I was freaked out by how something that has never been alive can kill me and there is no way for me to stop it from trying to do that.

If I remember correctly, that game was full of creepy non-lethal statues as well.

Oh yeah. While on the subject, the Armos were statues in Zelda that sprung to life when you got into a certain proximity. Then you shot them in the eye with an arrow and all was right with the world. Took me forever to figure out back in the day, and I freaking hated those things.