Sign in to follow this  
Patters

GTA (-6)^2 It's still happening Miffy

Nooo! I can finally make a GTA match on Tuesday! I was really looking forward to it...

I'm pretty sure we have enough people who aren't playing L4D2 so lets do it, same time same place.

I'll be there! Also I fully support the use of equations for titles!

expression no equals sign [/pedantic]

My parents have been visiting, so I'm incredibly far behind with work, but hopefully I'll be on top of it so I can join in with some Tuesday fun. We shall see...

My partakement is also up in the air. Especially if the time zone shittery has moved it ahead one our. We just adjusted our frozen ice clocks one hour back, which means... ah, forget it. JAMES WHERE IS YOUR PHP NOW?!

Would it make more sense to do it at 9pm UK time or the normal time for the rest of the world (8pm UK), I'm fine with either, although some people with more obligations may have a problem with it. We could always go from 8pm to 11pm UK so people can join as they want, when it's convienient to them. I'll be online for that time probably, just throw me a message when people want to start, or something.

But if the UK went an hour back, and The Ice Clocks went an hour back, surely that's still the same time difference?

The majority of the Northern Hemisphere (+ all Europe bar Iceland) observes DST. Am I missing something that fudges up our GTA timing?

But if the UK went an hour back, and The Ice Clocks went an hour back, surely that's still the same time difference?

The majority of the Northern Hemisphere (+ all Europe bar Iceland) observes DST. Am I missing something that fudges up our GTA timing?

I have no idea to be honest.

Am I missing something that fudges up our GTA timing?

It's that North America's DST change doesn't happen until next week. Still, if you folks are doing it at the normal time, I can log on at 3. It's not like it's a huge difference from 2 in the afternoon to 3 in the afternoon if you have the whole day off.

JAMES WHERE IS YOUR PHP NOW?!

It's set to go from 21:00 - 23:00 British time, adjusting for daylight savings (so BST in the summer and GMT in the winter). It should also determine the DST status of all the other selectable cities, so it should still be accurate, but I'm relying entirely on in-built (or at least pre-built) functions so I can't vouch for their accuracy. Then again, they're probably more reliable than anything I could throw together.

I say we stick with 21:00 - 23:00 UK time for L4D and GTA, since other timezones seem to adjust for DST at roughly the same time, give or take a couple of weeks. Then again, I'm sure we're all open to any objections anyone might have.

Well, that was excellent. Good of James and Wreslte to grace us with their presence when L4D didn't work, too. I think getting clubbed off of a roof with the tail of an upside-down helicopter may be my favorite GTA moment right now. That was a lot of fun guys, glad I had the day off school for once. Did not disappoint. Now to work out when next I can attend...

Sorry I didn't turn up, I decided that I needed to work some more. Pretty disappointed that I missed a couple of returning players, though.

That said, I did get my interview with Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie transcribed. That's something to be happy about, I suppose.

I think getting clubbed off of a roof with the tail of an upside-down helicopter may be my favorite GTA moment right now.

Awesome, awesome, awesome…