Jake

Idle Thumbs 48: In Space

I think something that needs to be said is that it doesn't matter if Nick/Jake leaves. In fact, I still can't tell the difference between them, and it's been what, 49 episodes? I'm not even sure which one is leaving. I don't mean to say that I want either of them to leave, but it doesn't really make a difference if it's just the one of them. I mean, if both left, it would be a big deal, but honestly, guys, they're the same person.

Nick is the one who plays games. If it is someone talking about games played, it is Nick. Seriously tho, wtf is up with the people who confuse them? Maybe in this last episode, to appease the dim/deaf, we can have Jake on the left channel and Nick on the right?

here's an easy reminder of who's who:

Jake -> make(s video games)

Nick -> pick(s video games)

Chris -> dunno

here's an easy reminder of who's who:

Jake -> make(s video games)

Nick -> pick(s video games)

Chris -> dunno

Chris -> will occasionally write a song.

Maybe in this last episode, to appease the dim/deaf, we can have Jake on the left channel and Nick on the right?
And confuse which ear is my left and which is my right? I don't think so!

I have a friend who I turned onto Idle Thumbs who couldn't tell the difference between Nick and Jake until he got a job at Tell Tale and a desk a few cubicles over from Jake himself.

So if you have problems telling the two apart just get a job at Tell Tale.

I have a friend who I turned onto Idle Thumbs who couldn't tell the difference between Nick and Jake until he got a job at Tell Tale and a desk a few cubicles over from Jake himself.

So if you have problems telling the two apart just get a job at Tell Tale.

Good plan!

Jesus, what the fuck, guys? I mean, yay Bethesda, DC is rad, congrats Nick, and all that—but no reason to just kill the cast. It is soo good and you're going to abort it this far in? This is the damned fate of Idle Thumbs, just as it gets rolling, it KEELS OVER DEAD. Just draft Steve and carry on. Or pitch the show to NPR and bring industry guests every week. Pity for all that fancy recording equipment to go to waste.

You're right! Steve Gaynor should be made permanent, and should probably get paid for his time on the 'cast too! It's the only way. All the best episodes featured Hot Scoops. And "Hot Scoops". Steve MUST be surgically implanted into the truncated stump left by Nick. MUST!!!!!

...Ahem

Anyway, I think "an end, for now" is actually the best choice, but I can't help hoping that a new podcast will be born once the memory of this one has faded and become less painful to the bereaved. A new format perhaps, and a makeover - but only when the time is right.

Yeah. What happened to that brief thumbcast that happened back in the day? I loved hearing the theme music for it used in the UK casts, but why hasn't that become a more regular thing?

To answer that question when we did the UK podcasts we were unemployed and had loads of time, but then that changed around. Also in my opinion we struggled to find a good format, and maybe needed a third regular.

I also personally can't appear on any kind of podcast anymore as it would cause all kinds of PR and confidentiality problems with my current job.

To answer that question when we did the UK podcasts we were unemployed and had loads of time, but then that changed around. Also in my opinion we struggled to find a good format, and maybe needed a third regular.

I also personally can't appear on any kind of podcast anymore as it would cause all kinds of PR and confidentiality problems with my current job.

Shenmue 3 confirmed???

HOLY SHIT so it's no joke that the Thumbs podcast is stopping?! I thought, har har, typical jokery! Boner of the year, people! Wuxtry! But it's really true?

I was still catching up with the casts, listening to 48 and 49 while lumbering across Wilshire boulevard every day to work, singing Space Asshoooo~ole and musing on making an appearance on the cast should I get around to visiting San Francisco in the next few months. But now...

A sad day! I guess thumbs can't stay idle for too long :gaming: