Jake

Idle Thumbs 48: In Space

It's "Video Games," thank you.

One of the thumbs finally posts! So you have been reading this stuff. Have you guys thought at all about what happens from here. I'm not trying to act like you're obligated to keep entertaining us. Obviously, you provided a free service and we have no right to do anything but appreciate your time and effort, but it became something so special. It's like the fact that the Beatles came together. Just some one in a million alignment that worked perfectly. Now it feels, to me, like someone just broke up with me. I keep hearing montages in my head of all the moments that made thumbs what it was with soft piano music in the background. I don't know if you guys realized how much the podcast meant to us...or if we even realized it (we probably took it for granted until now). But now, we're all reflecting on how much it meant. I listened to every episode many times...and it was like I knew you guys. Listening to podcasts is the thing that alleviates my extreme loneliness and makes me feel like I'm part of some kind of gamer community even though I don't really have friends who are into games in real life. Won't you guys miss doing the podcast?

Sorry to get all emotional...

Wow...I went a little overboard with my post. I'll just have to find another video game podcast And I'm sure I'll get used to no Thumbs just like I've gotten used to a million other changes over the years. I wonder if the individual thumb units will appear on other podcasts once in a while...they should. Jake has a sense of humor the likes of which I've never quite come across anywhere else. Jake...you should do some "let's play" videos of the new games you bought (Uncharted 2 etc...) We were all so excited that you were playing a bunch of games. Also...what does community manager at Bethesda entail? We'd all love to get an update at some point on what his doing...and if any of it involves stuff that's not behind the scenes (in other words...stuff that we could follow) like updating a community blog or something.

Also, Congrats Nick, if you happen to look at this thread. Please keep turrets out of Bethesda games.

I've been listening to the podcast since you guys started last year. I thought I might as well sign up and finally post, since it's now coming to an end. I just wanted to say that Idle Thumbs is my favorite podcast and I have doubts that anyone else will be able to eclipse it. So, thank you guys for keeping me company at work; I really appreciate it. I love how Idle Thumbs is the most insightful and ridiculous podcast—at the same time—that I have listened to. Thanks again for all the intelligent discourse and laughter.

Oh, and congratulations, Nick.

Also, Chris, where is the download link for Space Asshole? That song is fucking amazing. The guitar is awesome, but the harmonizing while you are singing "Space Asshole" is phenomenal.

Also, Chris, where is the download link for Space Asshole? That song is fucking amazing. The guitar is awesome, but the harmonizing while you are singing "Space Asshole" is phenomenal.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's spectacular. Can't get it out of my head. And I can't stop laughing.

Idle Thumbs was something I could really look forward to each week and I will miss it.

Since there will be 2 more episodes, I expect an awesome new song in each of them with an awesome ending song for the final episode!

Good luck at your new job, Nick! :woohoo:

Watch the ending to episode 50 be an announcement that they're being sued by IGN.com for all those fake pullquotes.

One of the thumbs finally posts! So you have been reading this stuff. Have you guys thought at all about what happens from here. I'm not trying to act like you're obligated to keep entertaining us. Obviously, you provided a free service and we have no right to do anything but appreciate your time and effort, but it became something so special. It's like the fact that the Beatles came together. Just some one in a million alignment that worked perfectly

I am the fifth Beatle

Guys, I'm warning you, if you stop doing the Idle Thumbs podcast, I am going to kill myself. How would you like that on your conscience? Also, I will kill 1 indie game developer/old-style adventure game developer for every day the podcast is not on the air... You have been warned...

;)

;)

PCDL!

I also demand Space Asshole on the main page. It's my favorite song of the bunch.

I don't care if you do end the podcast, I'm still going to listen to Idle Thumbs, this just means I'll have to plant bugs in Chris, Jake and Nick's homes, offices, and phones to do so.

So, I picked up Red Faction Guerrilla on Friday (for $16 no less) and Space Asshole keeps rattling through my brain while playing. Constantly.

You definitely wrote a winner there, Chris. Either that or you said "space asshole" so many times you broke my brain.

In other news, holy shit that game is fun.

Holy shit, my account still works! I can't even remember the last time I posted here.

That song was utterly magnificent. I really hope Thumbs continues or comes back in some form. In this short period you've developed into simultaneously the funniest and most insightful podcast in the industry.

I salute you.

I'm usually not one to go out of my way to make forum accounts and the like, I've even see other podcasts go away and not said a word. I like the podcast you guys do so much though, out of the 20+ podcasts I listen to on a daily basis, you guys are pretty much on the top for my favorites.

The idea of you guys ending now, it just, it doesn't seem right. You all have such great chemistry together, it's an amazing thing you do. Ya know what, I'd actually pay you guys to keep going if that's what it took.

What I don't get about Nick getting this job, is what part of it is not letting him be on the podcast anymore? I've seen community managers from other companies be on podcasts before. I mean heck, one of you already works at a games company. Is Bethesda just that mean to force this situation down?

Please don't go ;( .

I'm usually not one to go out of my way to make forum accounts and the like, I've even see other podcasts go away and not said a word. I like the podcast you guys do so much though, out of the 20+ podcasts I listen to on a daily basis, you guys are pretty much on the top for my favorites.

The idea of you guys ending now, it just, it doesn't seem right. You all have such great chemistry together, it's an amazing thing you do. Ya know what, I'd actually pay you guys to keep going if that's what it took.

What I don't get about Nick getting this job, is what part of it is not letting him be on the podcast anymore? I've seen community managers from other companies be on podcasts before. I mean heck, one of you already works at a games company. Is Bethesda just that mean to force this situation down?

Please don't go ;( .

He's moving out East I believe.

Easily my favourite song from the podcast.

Also, congratulations Nick. :(

Now I won't be able to send you a seemingly interesting question and end it with "PS. I think you have something that belongs to me. -Nappi"