Jake

Idle Thumbs 48: In Space

Any reason why Nick can't still do the podcast over Skype or something? Plenty of other podcasts are done over the phone...

If alcoholic beverages didn't make me throw up, I would SO be drunk-dialing 55-WIZARDON right now.

55-WIZARDON

More like 55-WIZARDOFF...amirite?

I'm just bought Diablo II and plan to play through it in honor of the thumbs.

Yeah, I went right in that room because I saw a hidden treasure thingy shining in the fountain.

If I remember correctly, I went right because that guy seemed the nearest, and possibly more well-lit than the guys on the left. Not that the latter should be a deciding factor, but I think it may have been.

Incidentally, the Fistful of Thumbs suggestion reminded me of the title of an early Edgar Wright film I've never seen.

Will space asshole ever be available for download? Im seriously scrubbing through the cast twice a day now to listen to it, lol.

I was so sad when I got up this morning and saw that this was still happening and it hadn't all just been a horrible nightmare. I keep hoping to see a post saying it was actually a cruel joke, or that due to the overwhelming response Chris and Jake have decided to keep casting their pods into our faces after all. With every hour that passes, that seems less likely.

Idle Thumbs won't end. It can't end. You know why? Because you're NOTHING without this podcast. Here you are internet superstars. Out there.. you're just regular schmucks like the rest of us. You need us, we need you.

Love me.

My parents got divorced when I was eleven, and you know what, this is worse.

Yeah...at least that usually means more presents.

Thanks. It's not often that people on the industry's inside are willing to dispense with formality and speak their minds on things that are awful. Every other cast out there can tell me why I'll love something, but yours was one of the few not to tiptoe around why I ight hate a trailer. Looking forward to the Episodic Games series,

Aon

countdown to tears is over :'-( But yea like everyone else is saying gonna really miss you guys you were by far the best podcast I could find(dan carlin rules but there is no wizards) Oh also every time you guys are like no one wants to hear this or we can't let this go on the pod cast I always want more of what ever the subject was. The best ones were when you would just trail off into some tangential zone and show a game in a way I've never thought about before. (space asshole/terrorist, 3rd world tool depended dawn of discovery)

Gonna miss your shenaniganry,

-Love Tibz

Aw man. I just got tuned into Idle Thumbs last week, and have subsequently listened to a bunch since then.

Sucks this podcast is ending as soon as I started listening.

You could get Chris Kohler on after Nick goes.

I guess this is worth revealing: I never would have found out about Idle Thumbs if Chris Kohler hadn't mentioned his guest appearance on Wired's GameLife. He's really good!

That said, I trust you three to do with the podcast whatever you feel is appropriate.

Even more to the point: I trust you three. What other podcast covers the subject: "I played a game and this is what happened," and does it so well? This is why we play video games, right? You capture that spirit and share it expertly.

new theory:

White wizard hack attack on the site in 2 weeks, episode 50 never sees the light of day, bury it in hot scoops of digital data packages and whatnot. They then are forced to record another podcast the next week... this now becomes episode 51. Since they claim episode 50 will be their last, and episode 50 has ceased to exist, then concept of a last idle thumbs podcast ceases to exist! They are puzzled for a bit by this surreptitious logical deviation, but without knowledge of the possibility of a last podcast, they proceed as normal.

Also: what if Bethesda were to have an accident?

crowbar_2.jpg

+

Next%20Bethesda%20Game%20Will%20Be%20Revealed%20Tomorrow.jpg

=

Nancy_Kerrigan_Biography_2.jpg

:oldman:

I wonder if Bethesda knows that the Fallout of their hiring Nick includes the Idle Thumbs podcast fading into Oblivion. :getmecoat

It's "Video Games," thank you.

I'll keep that in mind Mr. Video Games. Also, you should steal the wizard drawing from Chris' apartment if you haven't already (as per your comments about IT ending during The Dreamcast).