Scrobbs

Infinity Ward - MW2 news

Can you shoot to miss?

You don't have to shoot at the beginning (I didn't), but when the cops show up you have to. The game simply won't proceed until you get past the cops. I tried sneaking past them without shooting several time, hoping that I would hit a threshold which would make the NPCs move foward and I made it pretty far, but I kept getting shot and killed without any progress. If there is way without shooting the cops, I didn't find it.

I don't know if doing any of this will cause VAC to think you're cheating so do it at your own risk. People over at the IW forums are doing it. I read that VAC won't ban you for tweaking and if it would detect it as a cheat, the game would overwrite the file like it does with the other .cfg files. Remember, back up your original file first.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=167420

With those tweaks you can make it a lot more specific and actually know almost exactly what your ping is at any given time: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9067/lagbars.jpg

And they say modding can't improve your experience ;d

I will be playing soon at some point as "co-op" with a friend who has more top shape PC than I do. I can't bother to buy this as I know it won't work with my old tin can of a PC.

Played SP last nigjt's round a mate's on 360. Was kind of OK, not as exciting as he said it was, but ok. The airport level was... Just another level. No real emotional meaning for me, so I just laid into the civvies. Made no odds to me.

Not going to get it for PC though. Will stick with CoD 4.

IW may have crippled the PC version, but at least it prevents people from hacking the game, right? Oh, wait, nevermind. But that's easily solved because you can just, y'know, kick him from the ser... ver... Huh.

I think this guy *might* be taking the piss :)

mQpcO8x6NNY

I want to break his legs.

Anyone have any impressions on the multi-player portion of MW2, especially console versions? Does it feel like more CoD 4 with new maps, or has the experience changed significantly?

It hasn't changed that significantly, it feels a lot more chaotic than cod 4 because there are constantly helicopters and harriers flying around. But other than that it's basically more of the same with new maps, better balanced weapons, and the same old matchmaking system that won't put me in games with other Australians. :frusty:

The MW2 singleplayer really has a totally demented plot, it's totally in the realms of fantasy, out there with the wackiest, most far-fetched and overblown James Bond movies. But it's also almost impossible to follow just from playing the game. I think they try to tell the story partly through the gameplay, but unlike something like HL2, which they seem to have been influenced by, there are no lulls in the action, so it's almost impossible to concentrate on the story being told, except for the very last scene of the game. The 30-second monologues over the loading screens really don't give enough detail to convey what is going on, in terms of telling a coherent story the game really suffers from not having cutscenes, or any lulls in the action where you can catch up with the story. Although things like that would have slowed the game down and made it less intense, I guess, and more boring, so maybe they could have just made the loading screen monologues a bit less cryptic, and a bit more explanatory. I eventually figured out what was going on by reading this page on the COD wiki:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Shepherd (warning:spoilers)

There is no way I'd ever have picked all that up from a casual playthrough.

"Our gamers are telling us there's lots of services and innovation they would like to see that they're not getting yet,"

Expert spin. I really want less to do with Activision the more I hear from them.

"Our gamers are telling us there's lots of services and innovation they would like to see that they're not getting yet,"

Innovation and activition do not go together, at least not at this point in time.

What's the deal like between Activision and Blizzard? As a PC gamer should I start cutting my wrists?

Erm... psst:

Activision own Blizzard.

Am I misunderstanding your post as an actual query, or did you just mean "What the fuck Actiblizzard?"?

Erm... psst:

Activision own Blizzard.

Am I misunderstanding your post as an actual query, or did you just mean "What the fuck Actiblizzard?"?

Merger, I believe, so neither owns the other.

It hasn't changed that significantly, it feels a lot more chaotic than cod 4 because there are constantly helicopters and harriers flying around. But other than that it's basically more of the same with new maps, better balanced weapons, and the same old matchmaking system that won't put me in games with other Australians. :frusty:

Thanks. Sounds like something worth picking up if I get around to hooking my xbox back up to Live any time soon.

As far as Activision-Blizzard, yes, there was a merger, and Activision is now the parent company of Vivendi. However, it seems as if Blizzard has complete, free reign over their end of the business. Of course, I'm still curious to see what WoW: Catacylsm gets priced at, not to mention the expansions for Starcraft 2.

Well, I've just heard that apparently IWNet has been 'hacked' and you can now play the pirate version with everyone else.

So they've ballsed that up then!

There's a dedicated server hack too!

It's all adding up to them not releasing on PC next go round... I think PC sales made up 10% income from CoD4. They don't care.