Scrobbs

Infinity Ward - MW2 news

I just watched the new trailer and I predict there are going be a lot of really big extreme events involving next to no gameplay and it will be over in about 5-6 hours. Without a doubt it will blow you away.

I just watched the new trailer and I predict there are going be a lot of really big extreme events involving next to no gameplay and it will be over in about 5-6 hours. Without a doubt it will blow you away.

I'll blow you away so much that it'll reach right into goty.cx and automatically be every single Idle Thumbs reader/listener pick for 2009.

Without a doubt it will blow you away.

If the PR from Infinity Ward hasn't done so already.

With the decisions made with this game has made me not want to give them any money. The removal of party chat, however it is implemented is one I cannot agree with. Which with a recent snippet from Chet Faliszek (http://www.computerandvideo games.com/article.php?id=226680?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS) where I prefer to use party chat after countless confrontations with random people online.

Crap. I really hate it when people talk in a game. At least more than the needed "do that, help, come on" stuff.

A friend of mine tried Fable 2's online mode. The result was some kind of ball or something representing another playing running past him chanting "...fagfagfagfagfagfagfag..."

It's a shame if MF2 is turning out to be like this on PC.

I would like to try it on my computer, but as mine is from 2005 there is almost no change it will work on a single core, ddr1 memory computer.

Oh and hi to everyone, I guess I haven't been at Thumbs forum for 1,5 years... a loooot has happened during that time like my marridge etc.

Every god damn time I read this topic I expect news about MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries.

A picture is worth a thousand words

That picture contains nearly a thousand words.

So am I the only one in this thread boycotting Activision?

I think that I'm sort of accidentally boycotting Activision, considering I'm not interested in any of their titles (as far as I know).

I haven't bought an Activision title in about a year. I was boycotting until Brutal Legend made it out, but none of their games are interesting to me at the moment.

I'll probably buy the game used or something, no way I am not going to get it but it's certainly tempting. Originally I was going to get it on release day but no way I'll be done with Dragon Age so I can wait.

I wouldn't say I'm boycotting Activision. But I play Call of Duty for the campaign, and all that footage of civilian murdering has totally soured me on the experience.

I want a game not a murder simulator.

If by "boycott" you mean "not buying their stuff because I don't want my money to go to jerks (or at least jerks who are so proud of being jerks)" then I'm with you. If however, you mean "I like to tell other people that they shouldn't buy something they want because I personally disagree with the policies of a company" then no. Given the years of forum interaction I've had with you leading me to believe you're a reasonable and nice person, I'm going to assume it's the first one and agree. I've ignored Activision successfully for about a year now, and having not missed anything essential, intend to continue doing so. I just feel better about myself not giving them money.

Not really a boycott. More like a total indifference to superb Activision titles like Barbie and the Three Musketeers :grin:

Activision has made statements that have irked me, but real world negative actions have a much bigger impact. Like the 60$ price tag on the lazy pc port of the 360 version of MW2. Even though that really has no impact on me. Since i was not impressed by COD4, and even if i was. I would go with the 360 version.

I've ignored Activision successfully for about a year now, and having not missed anything essential, intend to continue doing so. I just feel better about myself not giving them money.

B-but... Tony Hawk Ride is just about to revolutionize the video game skateboarding industry! And DJ Hero just inspired the rebirth of the rhythm music genre! And Band Hero has the latest Taylor Swift hits!

:(What're you doing to yourself, man! :(

The only reason I haven't officially boycotted Activision is because I'm still getting over my EA one (Brutal Legend and Mass effect 2 will change that once BL stops being 69.99 cdn).

But yeah Activision hasn't released anything that appeals to me recently so I haven't purchased squat from them.

I have a friend who happens not to own any Activision games. He uses that coincidence to claim that he's boycotting the bad bad men, but he knows he'd buy their games if they interested him enough.

Is it a boycott if you never bought their stuff to begin with? I certainly used to buy Activision games, and even really loved CoD4, but ever since they've become more and more openly dickish, I found I felt a bit dirty when I supported them, the last time being Guitar Hero 3. At that point, I just kinda stopped. Not really a conscious thing, but I'm certainly not going to bother dropping money on their stuff unless/until they pull some kind of "EA Partners" style turnaround and act like they would actually try to balance profitability with a bit of boundary pushing. Only became an intentional thing not to buy their stuff earlier this year, as honestly MW2 and DJ Hero (not my music at all, but the gameplay looks fun) both look like they'd be interesting to me. It came down to "Do I want to buy these games enough to look past how much I don't like the publisher?" My answer was no. I don't hold it against anyone who wants to play the game badly enough.

I hate using the word "boycott" to describe what I'm doing. It sounds way too pissed-off-internet-guy for me to feel right saying it. It makes me sound like I'm off writing online petitions and sending checks to DICE because they keep dedicated servers. It's much less angry than that. I guess it is the word for what I'm doing though. Your friend seems to just be staying the course. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think I'd call it a boycott.

I'm tempted by the fact Morrisons and Tesco will be selling it at £26 (as opposed to the usual £39.99)... but I know deep down that I'd rather play it on the PC with a mouse and keyboard.

I'm tempted by the fact Morrisons and Tesco will be selling it at £26 (as opposed to the usual £39.99)... but I know deep down that I'd rather play it on the PC with a mouse and keyboard.

Yeah, sainsburys for £26 is a good deal, I might have to pick it up.