Tanukitsune

Torchlight?

So, in Episode 50 when Jake said "We have between 0 and 6 torchlight codes to give away to the best names", I guess it was 0.

Jake :(

Any words on how the Torchlight MMO will work other than it will be paid with an item shop? I hope that it's not something where it really hinders you if you don't pay.

By the way, has anyone else had horrible luck with the enchantment wizard? Every single time I try to enchant an item, and I spend most of my money on enchantments, It gets disenchanted on the 3rd or 4th try. And it's almost always unique items that the stats are so good ill be wearing anyways even if its disenchanted just because I have nothing better. One time I had an item disenchanted 3 times over 4 tries. How can an item get disenchanted if it has no enchantments yet?

I haven't really followed Torchlight since I bought it during the Steam Christmas sale, but are there any news on some sort of co-op mod? I remember being told it would be a hell of a lot of work to implement but I thought I'd check just in case. It's a sweet game, unfortunately it just doesn't hold my interest that well without any form of multiplayer.

Any words on how the Torchlight MMO will work other than it will be paid with an item shop? I hope that it's not something where it really hinders you if you don't pay.

Gah, I hate that income model. I'd rather it be a full price game with no subscription fees. Even monthly fees are better than per-item basis.

Needless to say I'm sure the MMO will take over the Thumbs forums

Well it has been a year since we last used this thread but I figured I would revive it for the release of the X360 version. Been playing it and although I have heard a few complaints I think the controls work remarkably well. Gives me hope that there will be a Torchlight 2 on consoles.

Also, a friend on AR wrote a piece on palying through Hardcore mode, reminded me of those Farcry 2 'instant death' playthroughs, only it is enforced by the game not the player:

http://www.arcadianrhythms.com/2011/04/you-have-gained-a-task-adventures-in-torchlights-hardcore-mode-pt-1/