Tanukitsune

Torchlight?

Neato... defeated the final boss, I think. It was a few minutes hitting on a big baddy. And now there's a second dungeon, or has that always been there?

The demo hard crashes my Win7 'puter every time. It's the only thing I've found to do that. Honestly though, the game probably wouldn't be for me anyway.

Fucking Chris has made me TERRIFIED to use the S.Wizard. I've got to about level 14, and used him twice, and one of those times, he stripped my blue gun down to a white.

This is all your fault, Remo!

I almost killed the shitty wizard. Today I received 4 times nothing in a row.

Maybe it's a bug, but I can't seem to complete any of Gar's quests. Or maybe I sold the quest item before I spoke to him...

I could be wrong, but I don't think that quest items can be sold.

And I don't know why people are so afraid of the Wizard. There have been two or three mods released already that eliminate the shittiness.

Fucking Chris has made me TERRIFIED to use the S.Wizard. I've got to about level 14, and used him twice, and one of those times, he stripped my blue gun down to a white.

This is all your fault, Remo!

Can always download a mod to make him infallible, in case you still want the enchanting aspect.

You know, without mortal terror.

Can always download a mod to make him infallible, in case you still want the enchanting aspect.

You know, without mortal terror.

I don't know, isn't the fear of shitty wizardness part of the fun?

then you could also download a mod that gives 100.000 HP regeneration per second.

Oh come on now, I only gave him an alternative to *not* using him! I never said he wasn't important. Shittiness is clearly a quality most game developers overlook, and as I see it, it's gone on for far too long.

No need to beat down on a man for trying to offer aid!

Well, fuck me. I bought this game while I was drunk last night. I didn't realize it until I checked my email this morning and saw the order confirmation. Well. There are certainly worse purchases that could be made while under-the-influence. I'd been meaning to pick it up anyway...

I guess I'll be playing Torchlight soon.

Well, fuck me. I bought this game while I was drunk last night. I didn't realize it until I checked my email this morning and saw the order confirmation. Well. There are certainly worse purchases that could be made while under-the-influence. I'd been meaning to pick it up anyway...

I guess I'll be playing Torchlight soon.

Haha, I'm sort of curious about what else you did now.

Oh come on now, I only gave him an alternative to *not* using him! I never said he wasn't important. Shittiness is clearly a quality most game developers overlook, and as I see it, it's gone on for far too long.

No need to beat down on a man for trying to offer aid!

Gamasutra needs an article with a title like: "Shittiness is next to godliness: poopin' on design"

The shitty wizard isn't alone.

He has dungeon-side attractions where, for the one time offer of 0 gold, you can clean your new item from all nasty enchantments.

Demo of Torchlight reminded me of a picture I recently draw. It's not OMG but I'm happy and it reminds me of my character(I just played the demo so it's little basic, but still scares me).

post-2356-13375603178615_thumb.jpg

I've just started getting into torchlight after my 2nd go at dragon age fizzled (partly my fault for picking the same class because I wanted to do a "perfected" run through...may put it down for a while and try a different race/class combo later) and it's as addictive as I expected it to be. I've restarted with every class though and still not sure which I prefer. I don't like managing summons, I know that much. Leaning towards destroyer for the little shockwave crowd clearing move.

How are you guys spending your stat points? A sort of balanced approach, or just piling everything into your primary stat?

I've been going balanced with it. But I also installed a mod that makes the general vendor sell respec/reset stats potions.

I do put more than average into my primary stat, and when I respec, it sometimes makes that stat useless to me, so I pretty much have to reset my attributes as well.

I started out balancing, but not longer. It's defense and strength.

Not to be condescending, but I find the story adorable in this game. The people responsible for it are obviously a little out of their comfort zone (as they've said in interviews), but the whole thing is so earnest and lovingly made. It's so awesome when the little boy says "can I use your armor when you're done with it?" Also: the town has some nice little quirky details. I hope soon they get to make a game where that sort of stuff is more fleshed out. It even looks damn pretty in netbook mode (like it's a hot girl who doesn't need to wear makeup). Everything about this shit is delightful; God damn.

I enchanted a gun so much last night that it attacks so fast, my ranger doesn't have a chance to reset the animation when she fires.

Yikes

Ok, we, as a community, are the biggest dumbasses in the world…

«Hey, what ? YOU FUCKING DESTROYED MY SUPER POWERFUL ITEM !!! Oh, by the way, here's your money, thanks for the service.»

This game is goooooood.

The minimap though is really ugly and doesn't help that much.

«You have posted a message» I know I've sprung a trap my HPs are gone fucker.