Tanukitsune

Torchlight?

I wasn't really on the fence, I was pretty much on the other side of who cares when I found out it didn't have Co-op(I don't care about MMOs or their plans in the future for one) but the post the thumbs made with the anologies just sold a copy for me... man I hate steam for that, I really hope they never implement a one click buy feature.

I wasn't really on the fence, I was pretty much on the other side of who cares when I found out it didn't have Co-op(I don't care about MMOs or their plans in the future for one) but the post the thumbs made with the anologies just sold a copy for me... man I hate steam for that, I really hope they never implement a one click buy feature.

I agree, Steam is lethal.

I'm looking forward to messing around with the editor when it comes out next week. I've never done any modding at all, and so I'm sure it will remain something I do for fun on my own time for a bit of fun, but I've heard good things about the editor and the scale of the game perhaps providing a less difficult experience for beginners who want to fool around with maps and various things.

I too pre-ordered the game. Made the mistake of doing it from Steam. An impulse decision, what can I say? The game is going to be awesome, though. I can't wait to play it and then mess around with the editor a few weeks from now. Hopefully I'll be able to do something interesting with it. If not - I hope the nerds and geeks who modded Diablo 2 and other games will spend some quality time with it.

I too pre-ordered the game. Made the mistake of doing it from Steam.

Why? Is the Steam version crippled somehow (I skimmed this thread again, but couldn't find anything supporting that in previous posts)

Nah, it's the same version. It's just that I dislike Steam for a few reasons like pricing (although this one was priced accordingly and not 1$=1EUR). Also, you don't really own the game when you buy it from Steam. You can't sell it, you can't do anything with it (not that I plan to, but it's a matter of principle).

If it's all the same to you - get it from the site. Don't know how many times you can download it from them, though. I hear the game is on Direct2Drive as well.

I too pre-ordered the game. Made the mistake of doing it from Steam. An impulse decision, what can I say?

You're wierd.

I totally just pre-ordered this. Yesterday I thought I couldn't just buy it based off of a tweet from Mr Remo but apparently I'm all linky clicky when I read the articulate and illuminating prediction that "Torchlight will be Diablo I to Diablo III's Diablo II."

Also I finally found Pikmin 2 yesterday so its been a thumbs inspired shopping spree this weekend.

Oh AND my LFD2 demo preloaded (that steam mistake again!). I only ever tried LFD after hearing Nick and Jake talk about it with such infectious enthusiasm. I can't wait for delight of sharing these new PC gaming experiences over the next few months of podcasts with my dear friends at Idle Thumbs. Torchlight, LFD2... then the payoffs from hours of chat about Dragon Age, into next year... Mass Effect 2 and Dante's Inferno. Its going to be so much fun! Oh to be in love.

As of now, Torchlight is 6th in Steam's Top Seller list. Two places ABOVE Modern Warfare 2. How cool is that?

Is it available to download yet? It kinds sucks since my copy of Brutal Legend finally arrived and I such at juggling games...;(

According to Steam it'll be available in about 11 hours. Not sure if that's worldwide, Europe-wide or Norway..wide, but there you go.

As of now, Torchlight is 6th in Steam's Top Seller list. Two places ABOVE Modern Warfare 2. How cool is that?

Extremely cool. A little bit like Demon's Souls, this game has developed a groundswell of support out of apparently nowhere. I know Demon's Souls had an international fanbase and Torchlight has a lot of roots in Diablo, but still.

Hyetal, the game is up for download in the US at apparently the same time as you mention.

The groundswell of support mysteriously happened after the Thumbs endorsed the game on Sunday. So the end of Idle Thumbs will therefore kill indie gaming and Activision will have won.

The groundswell of support mysteriously happened after the Thumbs endorsed the game on Sunday. So the end of Idle Thumbs will therefore kill indie gaming and Activision will have won.

Doh! :frusty:

I've been playing for about an hour, and having a good time. I especially like the ability to send your pet to town to sell loot. And now that the L4D2 demo has been delayed, I'll be playing it for a good chunk of this afternoon.

"Torchlight will be Diablo I to Diablo III's Diablo II."

I've read that sentence a dozen times and still can't make sense of it. Maybe it's because I never got into the Diablo games or maybe it's because I'm stupid, but just what does it mean?

I'm listening to the new Thumbs podblast with Max Schaefer talking all about this game while I am downloading. Its getting me so excited.

Another example of the kind of magic only Idle Thumbs seems to nail. Oh shit downloads finished see you later.

Wohoo, they asked some of my questions (Janny) :D I just thought you guys were gonna pick one or two (or none) that's why I sent 10 or 15 :D

I wish I'd been paying more attention to this game. Would've saved me $2 on the Steam preorder. Oh well. This is getting a crazy reception, and I've been jonesing for a good Diablo-alike lately. Diablo II replay was cutting it for a while, but I've beaten that game 4 damn times already. I think I'll probably be purchasing this later tonight.

You should go back and play Diablo 1 and 2 then. Both are great and have aged really well. Plus despite Diablo 2 being 9 years old (?), it's still sold in stores but I think both games are on their online store anyway.

I've been playing for the last couple of hours. I love it. It's really gorgeous. And when I gained some fame/level, my character look changed.

torch3.jpg

How does the ranged character play for this? My download is at about 95% right now, and I'm wondering which character to start with.

I love it. But I died, got stuck between my pet and two monsters on some stairs. At least I thought it was my pet, still not used to it very well so sometimes I don't see some monsters. Also, there's no brightness settings in the game.

Hardcore, very hard. Level 8. Later I will try to do it again, this time reach further. Had some awesome items, though, which is a shame.

Fired up a game on Normal. My god, that setting was way too low. Normal is a breeze. If you're a Diablo veteran of any sort, I recommend going at least Hard. Still, good fun. Kinda buggy on my laptop unfortunately. It won't let me send my pet back to town to sell shit. I have to keep town portaling. Shame, as that seemed like a really useful feature. As it is, it'll let me click on the button and then do precisely fuck all. Oh well. Also, it keeps defaulting back to windowed mode and 640x480 every time I start the game up, rather than retaining my full-screen native resolution settings. Nothing game-breaking, but annoying nonetheless. I hope this isn't a sign that the game got rushed out a bit early. I'd hate for some irritating but avoidable bugs to sour an otherwise great experience.

"Torchlight will be Diablo I to Diablo III's Diablo II."

On a completely unrelated note, I think I actually understand what the hell this statement means now. Amazing how playing the game helped with that.