Tanukitsune

Torchlight?

Torchlight looks like a simplistic mini Diablo game made by people who worked on Diablo!

What do you guys think? It looks kinda interesting!

I love how the pet can be sent to town to sell your item, I hate having to leave the dungeon just because my inventory is full!

It looks pretty fun.

If it's just downloaded and you don't have a box it doesn't count toward your guilt pile, right? :yep:

If you mean backlog, it does count, my "guilt pile" has more downloads that anything else! XP

Hmm. I want to like it. It looks simultaneously interesting and mundane as fuck. ;( Maybe that is the bane of all "fantasy" stuff.

It looks pretty cool to me. The whole MMO part of it could be interesting later on.

Weren't they talking about the editor on the podcast? Maybe that was another podcast. :hah:

I'd be really interested in dipping my toe into modding with a game like that. Seems like it has a nice solid framework for beginners to start with.

Good. Like when you would say, "This is the dog's bollocks.", or simply, "The dog's." UK slang for 'great!' :)

Any RPG with 10-20 hours of gameplay is great for me! :woohoo:

Also, my PC can't handle Dragon Age or Borderlands... :violin:

Any RPG with 10-20 hours of gameplay is great for me! :woohoo:

Also, my PC can't handle Dragon Age or Borderlands... :violin:

Yeah, the requirements are pretty low... perhaps due to the MMO goals going forward.

I think the game looks cool, I'm going to get it and give it a go.

Yeah, they probably want people to get hooked so they'd buy the MMO version...

Too bad I'm NEVER buying an MMO!

Yeah, they probably want people to get hooked so they'd buy the MMO version...

Too bad I'm NEVER buying an MMO!

Stick it to the man!

I can't hang with the cool MMO crowd either. I get bored so fast, I can never make it through the tutorials.. I am lame. :grin:

Actually, I don't play MMOs becuase I have a backlog of RPGs and I don't play games that don't end... XP

Actually, I don't play MMOs becuase I have a backlog of RPGs and I don't play games that don't end... XP

I have played MMOs but have now given up more or less forever for this very reason!

I think Torchlight could be interesting though... I wonder how the MMO would look? If they can preserve their Diablo-esque vibe but have a wide open world of players, i.e. maintain that small team of four vibe but be able to add things on to the game world and the experience, I could get really into the game.

Ahh... I guess I'm a big jerk then. Heh. :grin:

Unfortunately, my mouth is much larger than my brain.

*open mouth, remove foot* :getmecoat

I probably have about 40+ RPGs in my backlog alone and I'm still getting it!

An RPG that can be beat so quickly sound like heaven to me!:erm:

I probably have about 40+ RPGs in my backlog alone and I'm still getting it!

An RPG that can be beat so quickly sound like heaven to me!:erm:

I feel exactly the same way! I'm currently going through a ton of games old and new, and having a nice short (well, comparatively short) game to rip through.

For an RPG, 10-20 hours is really short! Some might even say too short! But it's more than enough for me! XP

I pre-ordered the game on Steam, first time I've pre-ordered any game.

Now I'm getting ridiculously excited about playing it.

this game does look really interesting, just received the press build so ill be playing it this weekend, should have some thoughts on the final game in a few days

So this is basically a sequel to fate, right? It seems the same gameplay mechanics, just prettier?

So this is basically a sequel to fate, right? It seems the same gameplay mechanics, just prettier?

I never played Fate, but I've heard it mentioned a lot in terms of the game's direction (and supposedly it is evidence that Torchlight will be authentically Diablo-esque).

As for graphics, the specs are pretty low, so I'll be interested to see what it's like running. I love the look of the art design though.

Chris mentioned a "netbook graphics mode" on his Twitter that pushed me over the edge into pre-ordering this - I think I was really just looking for an excuse to pulling the trigger, and the prospect of playing on my netbook is exciting even though it may not work perfectly.